Subaru WRX Forum banner

2003 Cobra VIDEO: 20 -110 roll (violent cockpit view)

3K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  CustomS10 
#1 · (Edited)
Got a basic page up with some video I took this winter of the 2003 Cobra. I took this myself while driving. Look at the tachometer and the upper right boost gauge and MPH. Watch how fast the tach redlines... Lots of spin (cold tires and cold road) but it gives you an idea of how violent the modded 03 Cobra can be....

One video shows a 1st gear 20 -110 roll and the other a 2nd gear 40 to about 100 roll. You can see how fast the tach rises and pings off the rev limiter. I was trying to hold her on the road, take the video, shift gears, and eat chicken while drinking hot coffee. I can do better..

I will post MANY more soon.

http://members.ctwisp.net/nate/mike/03cobra.htm

#5 ·
Yea I know the sound sucks. i am working on that.

I just went out and did a 3rd gear from 60 roll.

Now I have a: 1st gear 20 MPH roll, 2nd gear 40 MPH roll, and a 3rd gear 60 MPH roll.

From 60 MPH in 3rd she goes to 90 real fast!

I hold the camera in my left hand. I hold the wheel with my right. Then when I let off the gas to shift to the next gear I use my right hand (off the wheel) to shift and then repeat. Its not easy and QUITE dangerous. The car handles so well I'm not that affraid.

I will do some with a buddy soon. Where he holds the camera and I will figure out how to get better sound.

#9 ·
Paid $34,750 MSRP.

I promiss to get better video soon. I will let someone else take the video while I drive.

You can still see the tach and speedometer rise. its shakey but its all I got. Still gives you some perspective of a *lightly* modded 2003 Cobra. If I could get her to hook up she'd screeeeeam!

I only did 3 runs and got a 12.0. Others with same setup and slicks are running 11.3-11.5's... On my best run (1.89 60') I screwed up and shifted at 5800 RPMs instead of 6800. My dyno showed the peak HP dropped a few hundred RPMs with the pulley swap so I thought I would shift lower. It did not work and I perhaps ruined an 11 second run. Basically I am starving the supercharger up high. I can fix that with a $150 Cold Air Intake. Should give me another 2 lbs of boost. The problem is that the extra boost helps at the track but kills me on the street. Too much power for the street tires already. Once I get hooked up I certainly would not mind a few more ponies...

#10 ·
video

mike....i gotta hold that cam for you....bout made me puke.....lol.....got motion sickness....we'll tape it again the next time i'm down or bring that thing up to ct.........

#14 ·
makes me miss riding my motorcycle....

#17 ·
I took a photo of 03Cobra testing his 1/4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.