S4?

This is a discussion on S4? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well this was the first time I was challenged so I thought I would share. Sort of long. I was ...

S4?

Well this was the first time I was challenged so I thought I would share. Sort of long.
    I was coming back from the creek with my dog going up MoPac N. around 2244 when I see a purple what I thought was an S4 no badges and exhaust enter way in front, well he saw me and slowed as I crept up at 65, I didnít even look at him when I went by and he gasses it next to me, he wants to run. Hmm S4 should beat me pretty bad but what the heck, so I gently slid it into 3rd so he didnít notice and floored it I surprised him and get a little jump, he is about 5 feet from my rear bumper and gaining, ever so slow, I hit fourth for a good 6 seconds or so and he never got to my door, there was a car so I hit the brakes pretty hard.
    He slows and gets over now he is on my lest and the window BOV sounded cool, nice turbo sound, he goes so I go he gets the jump and just keeps going I could not real him in(as it should be I am stock) about Ĺ car per gear. He slows I slow asked him if it was a 1.8 because I thought the S4 was faster he said 2.7, I replied S4 he nodded yes. He had a very perplexed look on his face as he looked at my car. One more go very same story as the second.
    Damn I thought they were faster, my buddies GF has one very nice inside I just thought they were quicker. Looks like a UTEC is in my future, I would have had him till 120 easy with the extra boost. Gave a thumbs up and went on my way. I am very proud of the Rex, without my dog (Drag from his head out the window) I would have caught him.
    Last edited by Trypsin; 03-02-2003 at 02:54 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Thumbs up

Subaru claims the WRX is about .4 sec. faster 0-60 than the S4. But the rex is also a dog on the highway!
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

I was fully expecting to get spanked,and he was faster. I was really suprised how well the suby did from 65mph roll against him, we must of hit 100-110 at least, he would have started to pull a good lead had it went much longer.
    Like i said it is the first real time i have run another car like that and i was ear to ear having done so well stock.

Originally posted by Trypsin
    I was really suprised how well the suby did from 65mph roll against him, we must of hit 100-110 at least, he would have started to pull a good lead had it went much longer.
    Dont forget they have awd as we do. But they do have some more torque available down low. I was surprised when i hung with a modded on, and I am stock. I think they are pretty even with us as far as stock and mild mods, but obviously they are gonna have more potential due to the extra deplacement and 2 more cylinders

Originally posted by el~sharko
    Dont forget they have awd as we do. But they do have some more torque available down low. I was surprised when i hung with a modded on, and I am stock. I think they are pretty even with us as far as stock and mild mods, but obviously they are gonna have more potential due to the extra deplacement and 2 more cylinders
    If he was modded and you were stock, then he either can't drive or has an auto. Stock for stock, it is close, REALLY close. Mod either one, and it should be an easy win for the modded car. Of course, this is my opinion, and there are circumstances that can effect the outcome.

yeah, he was just barely pulling from me, just barely, but i also shifted a little early cause I'm still in break-in, plus we only went to maybe 70-80 mph. I thought it was a debadged a4 at first but then i learned later that the little badge on the left says s4 on it. And he definately had exhaust(stock looking) unless they are just really loud stock. Also maybe he was wasn't full throttle, who knows, I'm just telling you what happened