Stage 4 WRX vs Modded Civic Si
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stage 4 WRX vs Modded Civic Si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well not much to brag about but a fun encounter. Early this morning, I was on my way to Walmart ...

Stage 4 WRX vs Modded Civic Si

Well not much to brag about but a fun encounter.

Early this morning, I was on my way to Walmart and I see this import coming up fast behind me. It ended up being a Civic Si with a custom paint job, custom wheels, aftermarket exhaust, etc - you get the idea. I will admit it was very nice looking. He had put a lot of money into his car. Well he pull along side of me going about 60mph.
    ( road was completely empty). I just waited for him to make the move and he did. He revved at me and then floored it. He pulled slightly while I was downshifting into 3rd. But Once I got moving I quickly pulled ahead of him. I then slammed it into 4th and kept pulling. I then let off many car lengths in front of him.
    I knew it wasn't over. I just watched him in my rear view mirror waiting for the famous ricer fly bye. About 30 seconds later here it comes. He floors it and moves over to the outside lane (thinking he is going to blast past me). I slam it back in 3rd gear and floor it and he never even gets close to me. I take my WRX up to about 110mph or so and pull a good distance in front of him. After that he stayed a good distance behind me until I turned off.

I was definately fun playing with him. He came to me looking for a race and I gave it to him. Now there is one more Civic cruising around town that know his car isn't very fast. I'm going to teach them one car at a time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice, the fly-by was denied!
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

i think you should sell your car and part it out to me
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

WRX
    ahhh, if I could only get to stage 4 *dreams* I'm sure you would've pulled on him stock, though.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Nice kill man! Haha gotta love the ricer fly by's...and it ALWAYS seems to happen. You'd think they'd hear about that term and maybe some would stop doing it and living up to the reputation...lol, or not?

Used to get all kinda of Ricer fly by's after spanking some Honda in my now trannyless 92' Talon TSi. Man it just got old and I used to play with them like that too, lol soooo much fun. But now that car will RIP hopefully, and it'll be sold to pay my down payment for my WRX! CANNOT WAIT!
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

Originally posted by WRX
    ahhh, if I could only get to stage 4 *dreams* I'm sure you would've pulled on him stock, though.
    I'm sure I could have beaten him stock but it would have been a lot closer race. I made him look slow. That had to hurt his pride especially if he think I'm stock.
    About the Stage 4 Setup.
    I never thought I would be running a Stage 4 Setup. It just kind of happened 1 mod at a time. My first mod was a mbc. Then I got a rear section exhaust. Then I got a down pipe, mid pipe, and a stage 2 Unichip. Then I got an up pipe and VF30 Turbo. - I drove like this for a couple months waiting for my fuel injectors to come in from Japan. Then I got my fuel injectors, fuel pump, and sent my Unichip in for a Stage 4 Program. Then I got TurboXS TMIC. It has taken me a over a year to get to this point. Last March at this time I was running just a mbc and exhaust mods.
    So keep dreaming, some dreams do come true.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    I'm sure I could have beaten him stock but it would have been a lot closer race. I made him look slow. That had to hurt his pride especially if he think I'm stock.
    About the Stage 4 Setup.
    I never thought I would be running a Stage 4 Setup. It just kind of happened 1 mod at a time. My first mod was a mbc. Then I got a rear section exhaust. Then I got a down pipe, mid pipe, and a stage 2 Unichip. Then I got an up pipe and VF30 Turbo. - I drove like this for a couple months waiting for my fuel injectors to come in from Japan. Then I got my fuel injectors, fuel pump, and sent my Unichip in for a Stage 4 Program. Then I got TurboXS TMIC. It has taken me a over a year to get to this point. Last March at this time I was running just a mbc and exhaust mods.
    So keep dreaming, some dreams do come true.
    I know what you mean man! I never dreamed I would one day be running a Stage IV on my car. It's just something that happens, like you said. You see a good deal on a turbo, buy it.... and then figure hell...... might as well install it with management and fuel upgrades... Whamo..... Stage IV (Minus the upgraded TMIC..... soon..... very soon)

Good kill story, BTW.

Blue
    Turbo XS Stage IV PnP; Mods include: STI, HKS, PDE, Bosal, MRT, ZeroSports, BPM, Samco, IHI, Whalbro, NGK, Defi, Greddy, Kartboy, Sony, 2 Tone Leather, Charcoal Tint, Billet Grill, and Vanity Plate.

Sweet! Seems like you've got a nice market down there to beat up on. I, on the other hand, seem to never get challenged or have anyone to challenge
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Nice kill. As somebody has in their sig on here "Deny the Fly-By."

Words to live by.

EDIT: Hey! It rhymes!
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

SGOS,

Great kill.

Just curious, with as many races as you encounter down there have you ever been caught by the cops?
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

we need to get sgos a digital video cam to show these kills... his are always the best
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

you guys are racing the wrong peeps I always get thumbs up and smile back and give them a thumbs up in return...win or lose

Originally posted by 03WRX
    SGOS,

Great kill.

Just curious, with as many races as you encounter down there have you ever been caught by the cops?
    I'm usually really careful. Also my Passport detector has been working pretty good. The best chance of finding a race on the street is early morning on the weekends or in the evening after rush hour. The roads are pretty empty. This is also when you have the highest chance of getting a ticket. Many speed traps in the morning on weekends. Its much easier to get caught speeding when the roads are empty. But its a lot safer and easier to find a race. When the roads are empty two cars looking to race will find each other.

One day last week, I had an LS1 Camaro State tropper car in front of me a a red light out in the country. I was determined to show him something and he was thinking the same thing. He floored the gas leaving thel line and I shadowing him not letting him pull any distance on me but making sure not to pass him. I shadow him up to about 70mph and then backed off. It was kind of fun. He was definately trying to show he how fast his LS1 Trooper car was and I was showing him how fast my WRX was (without racing) wink wink.

I also know a guy thats a Cop and drives a modded 5.0 Police Car as his daily driver for work. Its loud and he thinks it really fast.
    I told him he needs to take the car to the local 1/8 mile and race me, but he won't do it. But everytime I see him he revs and revs the engine (makes a lot of noise) and he drives away very fast and agressively. (the way he drives he would get tons of tickets if he wasn't a cop) I really want to race him and show him whats up.

To add to the bad cop senerio, there is another Stage Trooper than has an LS1 Trooper car. He lives in these apartments and the locals in the apartment tell me he does powerbrake smoke shows in the parking lot in his Cop car. I would love to get that on video.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.