SRT4 vs. WRX vs. Talon TSi AWD - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT4 vs. WRX vs. Talon TSi AWD within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I will never understand why WRX owners think the SRT-4 is ugly . I thought my wagon was difficult on ...

I will never understand why WRX owners think the SRT-4 is ugly .

I thought my wagon was difficult on the eyes but I still bought it. I feel I have no right to say any other car is ugly .

Anyways, awesome videos. Looks like the WRX got the jump and then the SRT-4 just starting pulling HARD . Considering he was pulling that quickly, I see only a slight difference racing from a stop.

How many passengers did the WRX have? Looks like the SRT-4 had 3 or 4?
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 03-01-2003 at 10:18 AM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The bottom end is strong, more so than the REX. Cast Iron Block Full Closed Deck I believe. Its too soon to tell indefinately about reliability but it looks good.

The only problem I see is that upping the boost with an MBC actually results in a LOSS of HP becuase the ECU dosent like it... A full custom 3" turboback only nets less than 8 hp on the dyno according to members of the SRT messageboard. Adding these mods on a WRX would net it mid to low 13 second passes.

Another probem is that the manifold, turbo and bypass valve are one unit. Upgrading the turbo is going to be a more expensive prospect.

Full potental is only realized in this car with new engine management.
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

Me: I hit a highway divider at 120...
    Stupid Cousin: Is that a bad thing?

Nice video! That SRT-4 is a quick little thing! I think it looks pretty cool too. The srt4 obviously had the advantage from the roll, I would like to see another race from a stop. Im not trying to make an excuse either but why not test out a wrx where it can use what its known for.
    04 SVT Lightning

Just might have to get in on the fun. Seeing that there is one in town.

Originally posted by wrxsuqs
    Bahahahha WRX as usual got 0WNED

SRT-4 LIFE !!
    That is just a stupid comment from a troll. As far as the looks go, I think the SRT-4 looks nicer than the WRX. It just has a cleaner look. I think if you just lower the car a little, it will look perfect. And I like it in that yellow.

Yeah seriously how pathetic of a comment is that..?! Lol...I hope your take on things doesn't speak for the REST of the SRT-4 community.
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

Originally posted by WRXguy3
    Yeah seriously how pathetic of a comment is that..?! Lol...I hope your take on things doesn't speak for the REST of the SRT-4 community.
    and he has an even more mature username
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Yo

Personally I think the SRT4 looks better than the WRX factory vs. factory w/ no ground effect. Humm $20K vs. $24K car ... stock for stock ... I'm not too fond of American made car manufacturers however I would definitely look at the SRT4 if I had a <$20K budget for a Sport Compact Car. We, WRX owners, always state that w/ X1 or X2 our cars would be as fast as Z1 or Z2 but that's more money we're adding to the cost of the car. I think it's great how more manufactuers are jumping on the "Sport Compact Car" band wagon ... that means we as consumers don't have to deal w/ crappy customer service, as w/ my experience w/ Subaru. I would love the STI but the customer service issue IS my concern ... if I knew I would not have to deal w/ any Subaru body EVER then I'd seriously look into the STI and forget Subaru.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

SRT-4 LIFE !!
    bro if your gonna be immature with your stupid name and first post stay on your board. you dont see us doing that sh1t to you grow up.

good points chuglobal, the manufacturers are realizing that "we" are not a faction that can just be ignored. Cars will just be getting cheaper and faster possibly, but is that the best/safest thing? at one point they have to push the envelope too far one would think

Peter North > *

As an SRT owner, I just wanted to say that yes, the other poster was a TROLL !!

I seriously looked at the REX before Dodge decided to release the SRT.

Congrats to all the REX owners.

If you have questions about the SRT, PM me or e-mail. Always glad to answer.

Rob
    03 SRT-4
    02 Saturn SL2
    98 Neon ACR
    97 MR2 X 2
    BlackCat Racing

Is the WRX going all out? I had a hard time telling from the sound, but it sounded like he shifted a little too soon.

I could be completely wrong, but I'm just asking from someone who has a better sound system than me.

thanks
    2002 WRX

Still Stock

Both cars are nice and it seems that the neon is faster but when my car buying decision came down to would I want to drive a 20k dodge or a 26k subaru. Now I haven't driven the new neon apart from rentals but the are just in a different class and you can tell by the materials and finish. If they pack all that performance in there for that price they got to be taking some money out of the budget for other things. Nice video I liked it.

Tony
    --Tony

2002.5 Mazda Protege5
    1997 Mazda Miata STO Edition #774-1500 (Sold)
    2003 WRX Silver Sedan
    -STi Grill
    -STi Projectors
    -Aust Spec 17' wheels

Originally posted by TonyMS
    If they pack all that performance in there for that price they got to be taking some money out of the budget for other things. Nice video I liked it.

Tony
    thats what im thinking, that fast, that cheap, something somewhere had to give for them to make money off selling it

Peter North > *

SRT-4 LIFE !!
    does that mean in 35 years your still going to be driving the SRT-4?

Peter North > *