Jediwagon Vs. Lotus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jediwagon Vs. Lotus within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was behind a Lotus yesterday- it was a newish one- said V8 on the back in script letters- haven't ...

Thumbs up Jediwagon Vs. Lotus

I was behind a Lotus yesterday- it was a newish one- said V8 on the back in script letters- haven't had time to search ofr a pic of one yet. We were on a 2 lane and he must have known what a WRX is, because he kept looking back at me. Then, traffic opened up a little and he floored the car- I didn't know he was gonna do that, so it took me a second to downshift, but then I caught up to him and he couldn't pull at all. we went from about 25- 65 MPH. Then there was traffic ahead of us and we had to slow back down. At any rate, I was suprised to see my car keep up so nicely- I thought to myself that if he goes for it, I'll try, but that I would almost definitely get owned- guess not!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I work next to a Lotus dealer. I see guys taking them out for test drives all the time. I saw one take off one day like a rocket, that thing looked like it could haul some arse. What a sweet sound it made. Maybe I should go test drive one

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

If you REALLY like to work on cars, buy a Lotus. They are legendary for their unreliability.

X

Worse than a Triumph!!!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

i didnt even know they had dealers in the us...ive never seen a lotus in real life!

If you REALLY like to work on cars, buy a Lotus. They are legendary for their unreliability.
    My friend wants to buy an Elise when they come here. I think I should tell him to look in to the reliability.

I think they're built on the cutting edge. Look at the weight of a Lotus - they are very light.

X

I've never seen one except in magazines- this one was silver and the engine roared- also, it sounded like forced induction- either turbo or a blower, but between my exhaust and his it was hard to make out.

its a twin turbo V8 jedi of course its fast trust me if he would have really gone for it highspeed you'd be toast I rode in a twin turbo lotus red...I could honestly feel the car just lower down as if we were touching the highway and take off.

Reliability i'm not gonna get into, I think their V8's are some trouble to maintain, but their elises have always been pretty good. A bench mark for supercars because of its light weight and killer handling with a little 1.8L rover 4 banger. They have the new elise here in Monterrey at a dealership and it looks pretty aggressive, but I like the older elises better. Too bad we never got them in the USA.

Probably a twin-turbo V8 Espirit. Nice cars.

-Jim

I have ridden in an Elisa that a friend of mine had imported in pieces from Germany. He had to have a mechanic sent over also to assemble it. The thing is LIGHT and FAST. No word on the reliability, and I haven't raced him in my Rex because I now like 2000 miles away.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep, it was probably a Lotus Esprit. I drove one back in the UK. Nice cars but RENOWNED for their unreliability.

If it WAS a twin-turbo, he'd have left you for dead if he'd really wanted.

Here's a link to the specs of the twin-turbo.

Esprit

My favourite game back home in London in the late 80's on my old Atari ST 512, was Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge.
    2010 SSM STI

I Support ClubWRX
    The Lotus Elise is a damn sweet car. It feels like you'll die if you hit something above 15 mph, but it's one hell of a rocket. You're so close to the ground so the sense of speed is astonishing. It's a 1.8l n/a engine. I drove one (hehe lucky me) in London. If you're over 5'8" I'd say you're screwed. I made the mistake of driving one when it was quite wet outside. I struggled to get into it since I'm 6'5" and when I got out, I had to get out 'backwards' and I scraped my new trousers on the 'foot rest' (where the bottom of the driver-door touches the car) when I got out and had muddy trousers for the rest of the evening!
    Last edited by WilliamG; 02-28-2003 at 05:02 PM.
    2010 SSM STI

Hey guys- yup, that's the one- the Esprit- I dunno, the specs are impressive, but not overwhelming- 0-60 in 4.4- and the quarter in 13 flat. That car sure sounded like he was hammering it- I guess it comes down to driver error- or maybe that intake silencer removal really is worth the time- possibly the STi stickers- good for at least 1/2 second in the quarter

maybe one of his turbos wasn't working?
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast