Jediwagon Vs. Lotus
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Jediwagon Vs. Lotus within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was behind a Lotus yesterday- it was a newish one- said V8 on the back in script letters- haven't ...

Thumbs up Jediwagon Vs. Lotus

I was behind a Lotus yesterday- it was a newish one- said V8 on the back in script letters- haven't had time to search ofr a pic of one yet. We were on a 2 lane and he must have known what a WRX is, because he kept looking back at me. Then, traffic opened up a little and he floored the car- I didn't know he was gonna do that, so it took me a second to downshift, but then I caught up to him and he couldn't pull at all. we went from about 25- 65 MPH. Then there was traffic ahead of us and we had to slow back down. At any rate, I was suprised to see my car keep up so nicely- I thought to myself that if he goes for it, I'll try, but that I would almost definitely get owned- guess not!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I work next to a Lotus dealer. I see guys taking them out for test drives all the time. I saw one take off one day like a rocket, that thing looked like it could haul some arse. What a sweet sound it made. Maybe I should go test drive one

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

If you REALLY like to work on cars, buy a Lotus. They are legendary for their unreliability.

X

Worse than a Triumph!!!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

i didnt even know they had dealers in the us...ive never seen a lotus in real life!

If you REALLY like to work on cars, buy a Lotus. They are legendary for their unreliability.
    My friend wants to buy an Elise when they come here. I think I should tell him to look in to the reliability.

I think they're built on the cutting edge. Look at the weight of a Lotus - they are very light.

X

I've never seen one except in magazines- this one was silver and the engine roared- also, it sounded like forced induction- either turbo or a blower, but between my exhaust and his it was hard to make out.

its a twin turbo V8 jedi of course its fast trust me if he would have really gone for it highspeed you'd be toast I rode in a twin turbo lotus red...I could honestly feel the car just lower down as if we were touching the highway and take off.

Reliability i'm not gonna get into, I think their V8's are some trouble to maintain, but their elises have always been pretty good. A bench mark for supercars because of its light weight and killer handling with a little 1.8L rover 4 banger. They have the new elise here in Monterrey at a dealership and it looks pretty aggressive, but I like the older elises better. Too bad we never got them in the USA.

Probably a twin-turbo V8 Espirit. Nice cars.

-Jim

I have ridden in an Elisa that a friend of mine had imported in pieces from Germany. He had to have a mechanic sent over also to assemble it. The thing is LIGHT and FAST. No word on the reliability, and I haven't raced him in my Rex because I now like 2000 miles away.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep, it was probably a Lotus Esprit. I drove one back in the UK. Nice cars but RENOWNED for their unreliability.

If it WAS a twin-turbo, he'd have left you for dead if he'd really wanted.

Here's a link to the specs of the twin-turbo.

Esprit

My favourite game back home in London in the late 80's on my old Atari ST 512, was Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge.
    2010 SSM STI

I Support ClubWRX
    The Lotus Elise is a damn sweet car. It feels like you'll die if you hit something above 15 mph, but it's one hell of a rocket. You're so close to the ground so the sense of speed is astonishing. It's a 1.8l n/a engine. I drove one (hehe lucky me) in London. If you're over 5'8" I'd say you're screwed. I made the mistake of driving one when it was quite wet outside. I struggled to get into it since I'm 6'5" and when I got out, I had to get out 'backwards' and I scraped my new trousers on the 'foot rest' (where the bottom of the driver-door touches the car) when I got out and had muddy trousers for the rest of the evening!
    Last edited by WilliamG; 02-28-2003 at 05:02 PM.
    2010 SSM STI

Hey guys- yup, that's the one- the Esprit- I dunno, the specs are impressive, but not overwhelming- 0-60 in 4.4- and the quarter in 13 flat. That car sure sounded like he was hammering it- I guess it comes down to driver error- or maybe that intake silencer removal really is worth the time- possibly the STi stickers- good for at least 1/2 second in the quarter

maybe one of his turbos wasn't working?
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.