Rematch of the Century.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rematch of the Century. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Before I start, Just thought you would like to know that I have fixed my gearbox. Also, I went back ...

Rematch of the Century.

Before I start, Just thought you would like to know that I have fixed my gearbox. Also, I went back to Rigoli and had a few 'enhancements to my Rex'. A little trick they done to my car was to reverse the inlet manifold, so now my intercooling plumbing for my front mount could be shortened by about half, therefore less travel for intake temperature, hence cooler air. Because of this, I upped my boost to 30psi. Ran on the dyno.
    Before Power: 442hp @ wheels
    After Power: 469hp @ wheels
    Only drawback, I had to get rid of my air conditioing. The things I do for more Power. hehehe.

Anyway back to my story....
    I was driving with a friend in the city, when I couldn't believe my eyes!!! I saw the same Lamborghini Diablo that I lost to due to my bad driving that day. Same guy driving, same plates (DEVIL), this time with a girl in the passengers seat. I see him, and go and chase him, as I was going in a different direction. My mate is like "what the hell are you doin" And I tell him thats the Diablo I lost to when I stuffed my dogbox. He's like, yeah, chase him and show him up in front of everybody.
    I finally line up with him at the lights. Theres a few people watching, staring at his ride, laughing at the prospect of me trying to race him. He puts his window down and says to me,
    "Back for more tryhard"
    I say back at him, "We'll see", and throw him a copy of my timeslip.
    He looks at it, and all of a sudden, losses the grin on his face, but he couldn't back out now, as there was quite a crowd. He would look like a *****. So, I hold my revs at 5500rpm, the light goes green, he scrambles for grip for a fraction of a second, not a bad takeoff on his part, but after 1st, I'm 1 car in front. 2nd comes and goes and I'm 2 car lengths in front. I hit the 8500rpm (raised rev limiter) in 3rd and 4th and all I can see is this little overpriced supercar in my rear view, quickly getting smaller. I shutdown at about 220km/h. There was no way I was going to lose to that POS again. And I couldn't believe my eyes again!! He did a ricer flyby after I slowed down. Sorry, that should be pasta flyby (hehehe) In short, I annihaliated him.
    Sorry for the long post.
    Keep Boosting!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow ...

You're freaky! Which country are you from since you're using km/h? What mods have you done to your REX and how much did it cost? So if you're running 469whp, what is it at the flywheel? Do you have a pic of your ride? Thanks.

Re: Rematch of the Century.

Originally posted by Wrex4Life
    Sorry, that should be pasta flyby (hehehe)
    Funny story... !

Since your visit to Rigoli, any word on their products hitting these shores on the U.S.?

chuglobal,

Wrex4Life is from Austalia and has one of the fastest WRXs in the world.

whp stands for wheel horse power. He has 469HP at the wheels!

Wrex4life,
    Nice job! Nothing like revenge against a good foe.

-Jim
    Last edited by PlatinumWRX; 01-16-2002 at 11:21 AM.

well done.

i thought he WAS the fastest in the world! who's got more HP than him right now? no one that I've seen.

well done man. must feel great to get that bastard back!

i think he has a pic in the gallery, right? it's something like "look at what you guys are missing" i think

dR

wow! that is incredible! i cant wait to be like that... heh

what gen wrx do you have?
    free food is the best food

Here's the thread that has a partial list of his mods and also a link to see the pic of the actual car

See the Man and the Myth HERE

Sweet ride is all I can say
    Take care all,
    Taylon
    Future WRX Owner ;-)

I spoke to the brothers briefly when my car was in for fine tuning and they said to me that they have no near future plans to branch out to America. But if you want to purchase their stuff, and foot the shipping bill, I'm sure they will help you out. The problem is, that they use a lot of Aussie performance shops to do work for them. For example, they use Mick's Metalcraft to fabricate their custom (HUGE!!!) front mount intercoolers, like the one i have.

Holy ****!! I would pay to be in the car with that kind of acceleration :-)

Do you use it as a daily driver? Or is it too tempermental for that? If you don't mind me asking, how much have you spent on it, to get it to where it is.

On another tangent, it ****s me when you read about really good mods in magazines and stuff and they never tell you how much the person has spent on the car.

Nice Kill, Wrex4Life!

It's always nice to read a story with a happy ending! I knew that ulitimately you'd come across him again and I couldn't wait to hear of the outcome.

Rod
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

30 psi

Great story, wish I could have seen it (and the look on his girlfriends face).

I showed my friend this thread and here's what he had to say:

->

Man...serious hardware! But yeah, sure sounds pricy...he probably ended up dropping a good 15 - 20k into his car, maybe even 25.

But, from the sound of it, his "daily driver" is now a pure drag car...

Big turbo = BIG lag. You trade off lowend torque for higher top end HP...probably sucks to be him driving around town and keeping it under control, and definitely in stop and go traffic.

Horrible gas milage probably. I'd be surprised if he's getting anything better than 13mpg...

a sedan/coupe with that much power probably needs much MUCH wider tires and bigger wheels...I'd be worried taking this thing thru very curvy roads...that much power is probably enough to overwhelm even an AWD system, producing 4wheel slides...

and from the sounds of the clutch it probably takes a bionic leg to actuate cause it's so heavy! ug!

perhaps as a second car for the track or occasional show off car on the weekend or something, but I doubt it's a pleasure to drive that thing around town all the time. Plus, when driven hard, it must get insanely hot in the cabin! esp now that he took the AC out! heh..

->

So, if you get a chance Mr. Wrex4Life, please do satisfy his (and my) curiosity

Nevermind

*edited to remove inaccurate content *
    Take care all,
    Taylon
    Future WRX Owner ;-)

[immortal_zeus makes a mental note never to race in Australia].

:thumbsup:

holy **** what an old thread.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.