Modded WRX vs. Unmodded WRX

This is a discussion on Modded WRX vs. Unmodded WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was sitting at a light the other night and a fellow in a WRX pulls up next to me. ...

Modded WRX vs. Unmodded WRX

I was sitting at a light the other night and a fellow in a WRX pulls up next to me. We both looked at each other and knew it was on. We rolled down our windows and I asked him what he had done, he said he was stock, but he didnt ask me what I had done (Vishnu Stage 1). Waiting for the light to turn green we both brought our RPM's up to a good launch spot. When the light turned green we were off, I shot off the line spinning my front tires and making the WRX squat like it was taking a big dump. By the time I reached the end of first I was long gone, I flew through second increasing the gap more and more. As I looked in my rearview I saw that he quit when I got to the end of second because I was already 4 carlengths ahead of him and pulling harder. We stopped at the next light and he asked me if I had a new turbo, I said nope just the Vishnu Stage 1 and he was suprised on how bad I beat him with just that. I said yeah its "kinda fast", we talked for a while and then went on our way. That was the first time another WRX has raced me, at least the WRX lost to another WRX not a Civic or something, I think I just gave him a good goal to set
    Last edited by abbo7; 02-25-2003 at 05:02 PM.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had a similar incounter one day at a stop light with a stock WRX. We lined up side by side and talked for a second. He told me he was stock. I told him I had a Turboxs Stage 4 setup. He had no idea what I was talking about. So we both revved up to 4k or so and when the light turned green I instantly jumped about 2 cars in front of him. (he definately didn't no how to launch his WRX) By the top of Second gear I was about 4- 5 cars in front of him and pulling away fast. I let off and he pulled up next to me with his mouth wide open. I told him to go online to turboxs and check them out.
    I should work in sales for Turboxs.

The last thing I need is to get smoked by a faster WRX than mine. Man, my bank account would suffer!!!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Haha...

I feel the same ... costs alot of $$$-$$$$ for power. Oh well ... priorities.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

It really is incredible what a few thousand dollars of mods can do to a WRX. I rode in an APS Club Spec about 2 weeks ago and it felt like night and day compared to stock. An APS Clubs Spec is about equivalent to a Vishnu Stage 1.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

A C-West blue REX with gold wheels lined up at a light with me in my boring silver sedan with springs, SSR's, and a black fmic. We roll down the windows and exchanged pleasantries. After he launches with enthusiasm I rip a new orifice for him, pulling 4 car lengths before 60 mph. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up at the next light. I do like having a sleeper.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

woo black fmic

stealth r gud!

j.p.

I Support ClubWRX
    The way we do it in the Bay Area, is when we go to the drag races, we all line up in a single file line and take out other cars. And most of the time, on the streets, we just say SUP to each other. I really don't go out of my way to kill slower Subarus.

But there is a kid who lives in the mountains where I live with a stock WRX and has followed me and tried to keep up with me. I think he is a high school kid. Everytime I have seen him, I wave or either nod, and he mean mugs me. Then on the way home from work one day, he had 3 other punk kids with him. And at a red light, he was turning left and I was right on the side of him. And I hear one of the kids say, " There's that guy. Lets go get him." Then he turned. And I couldn't for the life of me stop laughing out loud. Sorry I don't mean to sound like a pompous a$$hole, but please come and try to run me. PLEASE.

A C-West blue REX with gold wheels lined up at a light with me in my boring silver sedan with springs, SSR's, and a black fmic. We roll down the windows and exchanged pleasantries. After he launches with enthusiasm I rip a new orifice for him, pulling 4 car lengths before 60 mph. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up at the next light. I do like having a sleeper.
    virpacalis,

You need to list your RT SPEC right at the top of your list. It's not that evident unless you read down the whole list. That is a MAJOR mod(s). Start with most signifciant mods and go down to least. BTW, I recognize you from Cobbtunning forum!
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    The way we do it in the Bay Area, is when we go to the drag races, we all line up in a single file line and take out other cars. And most of the time, on the streets, we just say SUP to each other. I really don't go out of my way to kill slower Subarus.
    Me neither. I usually wave and smile. But a bling-and-blue fast start at a light is too much to resist.
    Last edited by virpacalis; 02-28-2003 at 06:59 PM.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

Sounds like a fun, friendly race Did you advertise our forum to him? I always recruit people to come on here. I love this place
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!