Mercedes E55 AMG in March Car and Diver
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Mercedes E55 AMG in March Car and Diver within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Did anyone see the road test on the Mercedes E55 AMG in C&D this month?! That car is a beast. ...

Mercedes E55 AMG in March Car and Diver

Did anyone see the road test on the Mercedes E55 AMG in C&D this month?! That car is a beast. I am not into Mercedes at all but this I could love.

469 hp, 516 lb-ft of torque

0-60: 4.5
    0-100: 9.8
    0-110: 11.6
    0-120: 13.5
    0-130: 16.0
    0-140: 19.4
    0-150: 23.1
    1/4 mile in 12.7@117mph
    top speed: 155mph (governor limited)

It's acceleration from 100 to 150 is almost linear. According to the divers, it is STILL accelerating at 155mph. Just for fun, doing a little interpolation, if a stock WRX hits the 1/4 mile around 14.0sec at 96mph, the Mercedes would already be doing 122mph!
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yup, that car is no joke.... it whoops on the M5 and RS6 even.... It's the king of its class for the time being. But we know how these german companies are... big ole pissing contest. BMW is gonna have to slap a turbo on the next M5 if they all continue at this pace.... that would be fun...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Either that, or a V12 M5

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Whats gay is how MB made the E55 lose 24 hp with the exhaust they used on the E55, they said since it longer and smaller it has 24 less HP. I say side pipe right behind the front tires
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

last i heard bmw was just going to go from 5L to 5.5L N/A and push 500hp...but since this E55 got so much they may go even further

MY firstlove is to the bimmers, abd all I can tell you is that the next M5 is going to have a V10, and it is going to have alot of F1 tecknollgy (spelling) in it! it is going to be bad ass. That AMG wont stand a chance!
    Perrin short ram, Perrin Uppie, Perrin inlet hose, Perrin IC hoses, Cobb AP stage 2, MRT 3' turbo back, AMP boost controller @ 15.5psi, Freedom design front strut tower bar, Cuses Rear Strut tower Bar, KYB Adj Shocks, Eiback Springs, Perrin Rear sway bar, and links, 17' OZ Crono Evolution(17.5 lbs) W/ BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2

Yep, what jimi900 said. There will be a twin turbo 3.0 I6 coming out with 380hp. That shouldn't be too hard to get up to 500 with aftermarket don't ya think? That will be the performance model until the V10 M5 comes out. I would love a V10 M5 with AWD. With 500hp on the rear, I'd be a bit scared.

I talked to a big-wig German guy(works at the Greenville SC plant), I asked him what the next M5 was gonna have shoe-horned into the bay. He said "I can't tell you, you are just going to have to wait". While saying this, he was holding up all ten fingers and smiling. So, yeah, it looks like they might drop in a F1 clone in the thing......ohhh thats gonna be a riot for some rich old man.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

i saw the new E55 on the way home from the magic game tonite, tried to get it to show me what it can do, but there was too much traffic then i lost it when it changed lanes and i couldnt follow
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by abbo7
    Whats gay is how MB made the E55 lose 24 hp with the exhaust they used on the E55, they said since it longer and smaller it has 24 less HP. I say side pipe right behind the front tires
    I think this is done in part to maintain a separation between the E-Class and the flagship S-Class.

I realize these are primarily touring cars, but I really wish MB would offer genuine manual tranny on these AMG cars. Until then the M cars are my "aspiration" cars.
    Last edited by drover; 02-25-2003 at 11:16 PM.
    -BP
    RallyCross: "Eating dirt is a basic motor skill."

I realize these are primarily touring cars, but I really wish MB would offer genuine manual tranny on these AMG cars. Until then the M cars are my "aspiration" cars.

Oh excellent point. That is one major detail I didn't recognize. I had assumed the E55 would be available in a 6 speed. I re-read the article and absolutely no mention of a manual tranny available. I'm with you, genuine manual tranny all the way. I'm not into this clutchless shifting, etc.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

The next M5 will probably have the clutchless manual (SMGII) as well as a 6 speed. It's actually possible that they only offer the SMGII, but that's just unfounded speculation to me. Autos in MB? Yeah, that's the problem I've always had with them. If it weren't for that, I'd probably think more highly of the SL55. Maybe with the coming of the SLR, the clutchless manual will see its way into the rest of the AMG line within a few years. The 2005 Porsche is supposed to offer a real clutchless manual to get away from the Tiptronic (finally).

ahhh...that car ain't nothin!

If you wanna know what's a real beast, check out AMG's upcomming CL65AMG....Twin turbo V12, 621HP and I think 2000Nm of torque from I think 2000 RPM.....

Now That is a beast....

for more details on it, check it out on the supraforums under the "other cars" section.....

That thing will own ALL from a roll.....

Us WRX owners will probably need ESX's 740HP package to have a chance.....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

All of a sudden, I feel that the M5 is short a few hundred ponies. Well I guess that's life. Waiting to see what the next M will bring.
    Almost every car today have 400 hp. Maaannnnnn

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.