Angry Racers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Angry Racers? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I guess this question could also be related to location too, but... I've noticed that where I'm from (Boston) people ...

Angry Racers?

I guess this question could also be related to location too, but... I've noticed that where I'm from (Boston) people take racing pretty seriously, to the point where they sometimes want to fight after, or pull some crap like trowing stuff at your car. I'm not talking about meeting up at the local drag street, but about seeing a car driving and challenging it, or getting challenged on the street. I've seen this so much growing up around here. Sometimes when the other person is getting beat, they will try some weak moves like trying to run you off the road, bump you, or throw stuff at your. Then, sometimes following you and trying to start a fight over a race? WTF? I'm sure this is probably more common in already aggresive areas. Alot of the times when I see someone that wants to race and they're getting all excited and yelling ****, I'll just back away, because I've been envolved in some bad crap that came out of little cat and mouse games. I just wish that when people race, after the race you can get together shake hands and talk about cars, which doesn't happen too much for me. I'm just wondering what's everyones experience with hostile racers, and where you're from? Is this common in your area? Has something real bad come out of a harmless "cat and mouse" type of race? Just curious to see what everyone has to say about this.
    03' WRX, 00'ah6

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That sounds pretty extreme, ive never heard of that type of thing. Hell, I would probably have some back up plan on where to go if I were being chased ..somewhere very dark where there are no witnesses... muhuhaha!
    04 SVT Lightning

i once had an angry mustang cobra-er that really got pissed i beat him. it was raining, comon, and i won, who cares right? well not for him, so.. he started following me, if i went faster, he went faster, on my ass while its raining too, so... what did i do. i pulled into my friends neighborhood which has a lot of turns and curves, hehe... trust me, i never saw him again. our cars are pretty good when it comes to handling, find a nice place with lots of turns, and loose them.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

That's messed up! I wouldn't even want to get into a race if things were that way. I say no more racin' in Boston
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

I think I would just have to pick up the cell phone and call one of my well armed buddies, and drive out to his house. I can see it now, me rolling up to my friend's house, him in the yard with his AR-15... j/k

I would never lead anyone back to my home or a friends, cause then you're in for a lifetime of harassment and/or vandalism.

I would just lure him out into the woods then pop a cap in him!

I pulled up to a stoplight once, and heard the guy next to me bumpin his system (that happened to sound like sh!t), so of course, I looked over, smiled, and twisted the volume to the right. He then proceeded to try to cut me off, throw a bottle at my car, and he finally spit on my car. All because his system couldn't cut it....

i've had all kinds of crazy run ins, and they don't even require racing.
    one time a guy cut over three lanes for no reason without looking and i happened to be in the last lane, where he wanted to be. so for some reason he started chasing me until we got to a red light, where he kept getting in and out of his drivers seat. apparently this was supposed to be intimidating but he wouldn't walk over to me, just kept getting in and out while screaming something. i couldn't really understand him but i made sure to keep my middle finger extended and smiled the entire time.
    another guy pulled the same **** back in 95 and chased me onto a highway. i outran his camaro with a 1987 cutlass ciera....yep.
    incidents with cabs, random people, a few chases on my part including one lasting a hundred miles...
    it's been a fun past few years on the road. this covers a fraction of it.
    one of the reasons i no longer race is this incident:
    i ran a kid in "daddies" Lincoln LS with my Dodge Neon R/T. I ate him and then stopped for the cars at the next red light. He didn't. Apparently he "won" the race by pulling a ricer flyby through the turning only lane, running the red light with crossing traffic at about 70mph. Man did I wish I could be that cool.
    Last edited by cyrilgrey; 02-24-2003 at 11:37 PM.

hahaha. you gotta love NYC drivers.

I haven't had this kind of experience yet. Well... I ran couple of unfriendly races, but that's it. Hope I don't encounter those people.

Well I've been in a pretty awfull race one time. I raced this Hundai Elantra or whatever luxury model and blew him away like a million miles in my fully built GSR with T3/T4 hybrid setup. Hundai guy finally catches up and starts talking sh*t at the stop light. Well, I didnt say much but flash his ass the middle finger. Guy came out of his car and kicked my door. That was it, got my Thai Kick boxing ass out of the car and dropped him like a twig in about 4 kicks to the head and 10 hard blows to the lower abdomin. That's why I havent posted any races anymore. I only race people I know. Oh, it cost me a good 6 hour body work to the door too.

First, I don't street race because I kind of operate on the assumption that people willing to do so are jags. Not meant as a dig at folks on this board, but I just prefer to keep a low profile. Besides, exiting from toll booths and jockeying for lane position gives me all the excitement I need for one day. Second, when people start getting pissy, I do what I can to either avoid the situation or distance myself from them. You never know who's packing heat around here, but I do know it's not the good guys.

Can't wait to move to a CCW state.
    -BP
    RallyCross: "Eating dirt is a basic motor skill."

Originally posted by GREDDY
    Well I've been in a pretty awfull race one time. I raced this Hundai Elantra or whatever luxury model and blew him away like a million miles in my fully built GSR with T3/T4 hybrid setup. Hundai guy finally catches up and starts talking sh*t at the stop light. Well, I didnt say much but flash his ass the middle finger. Guy came out of his car and kicked my door. That was it, got my Thai Kick boxing ass out of the car and dropped him like a twig in about 4 kicks to the head and 10 hard blows to the lower abdomin. That's why I havent posted any races anymore. I only race people I know. Oh, it cost me a good 6 hour body work to the door too.
    daaaaaaang! hahahah. nice.

my story- im driving on the expressway, and im stuck in the right lane, because there are cars to my left. i am in no way tailgating the person in front of me (which happened to be an audi a4). so finaly, traffic clears to the left, and i start to pass up the audi...when i notice, he starts accelerating (there was a HUGE area in front of the audi. so i glance over to my right to look at the ass who wont let me go. he looks over and mouths "yeah F you" to me...im just like whatever in my head, i just look ahead. so i find a spot to the left, and move over...so i start picking up speed...when i notice a pair of xenons weaving in and out of traffic. all of a sudden, the same a4 driver is right on my butt. i cant even see his headlights anymore. so i hit the brakes...and see his nose dip like crazy, and he backs off like 5 cars...then comes right back. so i tap my brakes again, and this time drop it into 4th and floor it. (remember, im in my miata). i go for about a mile, and hes long gone. a minute later, hes back. (while i was thinking wtf, does he not know how to drive? he didnt keep up) so he almost clips my rear passenger side as he pulls next to me. he is now sticking his head out of his window and yelling obscenities to me. so i punch the gas again, and my exit was coming up soon, so after ive put like 10 cars on him (now thinking he really didnt know how to drive), i move over and now hes behind me...i move towards the exit..and so does he...so i get back onto the expressway..and so does he. so im thinking great, this #&^$%* is going to kill me or something for i dont even know what. he gets to my left, and starts swerving towards my car...coming pretty close. i look over and im like whats your problem...and he asks whats my problem (duh.)...all the while im thinking haha...if he hits my car, i dont care. my car is old. his is new and a lot more expensive. $500 miata vs 40k audi. lol. so hes still on my left, and i wait till the last second to get off at the next exit...he swerves over the median, and cuts me off. now im sitting at a light, and i cant go anywhere. he gets out of his car, walks over to mine...starts yelling at me (again with the "whats your problem" crap) and then tells me "im going to f***ing kill you" punches my window, then gets back in his car and drives away. i almost crapped my pants. this dude was like 6' something and huge...and im 5'9'...and very not huge. haha.

but yeah...what the heck is up with people today? i seriously did absoultely nothing to this driver...and especially nothing to warrant this. these type of people need to be thrown in jail and made to be someones biatch.

yeah I had a similar thing a guy kicked the door of my integra becasue I wouldn't get out of the car he then chased me down to a deserted parking lot and got out of his car again talking all sorts of crap. now I wasn't in the middle of a main road I got out dressed in my black belt tae kwon do uniform
    I've never seen someone change their attitude as quickly in my life then he says "watch it iv'e got a black belt too"

I called the police and he was about to leave but I had hold of his drivers door and said if you start this car i'll kick the door off it's hinges. He shat himself. I kept him there for about an hour but the stupid pigs never showed so I let him go eventually

id call the cops on my cell phone tell them somebody is following u and ur scared..haha
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

i did. they said "theres nothing we can do...would you like a number to call someone else?" i didnt have time to write down the number...and by that time, the driver was gone.

Originally posted by happasaiyan
    i did. they said "theres nothing we can do...would you like a number to call someone else?" i didnt have time to write down the number...and by that time, the driver was gone.
    yep the stupid pigs said is he armed? I said I don't know
    they said oh it's not a priority alert then funny thing is there was a police station about 500m away I went there afterwards and filled a report cupid stunts did sweet FA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast