Angry Racers? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Angry Racers? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; [i] cupid stunts did sweet FA [/B] .....ummm.....yeah.......

[i] cupid stunts did sweet FA [/B]
    .....ummm.....yeah....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah people are arses sometimes. I wasn't racing but here is my story. I was heading to the local music store to pick up some drum sticks. The store is on a very small but buisy street. Its almost impossible to find parking on the street. I turned down a small alley way that goes behind the store. I get like half way down and this guy in a low-rider s10 comes around a corner at me. I stop because I have no way to go but back. He has a small area to the right of him to pull into so I could go around him. But he just stops and sits there looking at me. So I waited a few seconds, nothing happens. So I point twards the place for him to pull into. Then he jumps out of his truck and starts yelling at me! Saying he's gonna kick my ass because I flipped him off! I was like WTF? I said I was just showing you a place you could get off the road. He then says I see it, what do you think I f'in blind! He then pull out a tire iron from the bed of his truck and starts to walk twards me. This guy is freakin massive! Now I'm 6'2", 180lbs and can hold my own in a fight but I was like F*ck! So I reach for my trusty 9mm S&W in the glove box. As he nears my drivers window I pull back on the action and throw one in the chamber right infront of his face. I didn't even have to say another word to that guy. He droped his tire iron and hulled ass back to his truck and took off. Going down the alley back-ass-words at like 30mph! I just smiled and holsterd my baby and put her back in glove box. Then I thought about whay my old man told me when I was just learning to handle guns. He said don't point a weapon at someone unless you intend to use it. Though I didn't point the pistol at him I still felt funny about the whole mess but I'm sure glad I carry my gun everywere the law will let me.

-Fess

I do my best to not piss people off on the road. Down here in "Redneck Country" people carry shotguns or hunting rifles, not handguns, and have no respect for the law.

But I still flip people off when they cut infront of me without using a turn signal. That pisses me off more than anything.

I had an incident like this the other day. I was driving at the speed of traffic down a two lane road and i was in the right lane. About 1/2 mile up the road i need to turn left so i get about 6-10 car lengths in front of the guy next to me, put on my turn signal, before i get over, then smoothly switch lanes and continue at a little over the speed of traffic (I DID NOT CUT HIM OFF BY ANY MEANS). Well this guy in his old dodge caravan was having none of it, and soon he's right behind me, so i do a little brake check then he flys past me, and theres about a 1.5 carlength gap between me and the car ahead of me, and this guy just cuts me off with no turn signal or anything. The funny thing was, i turned off about 5 seconds after that, so if he just waited he would have got his spot back anyway. I don't get these people, its like a matter of pride if they get passed or something.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

Originally posted by eVilsAint
    .....ummm.....yeah....
    oh It's a spoonerism swap the c on the first word for the st on the next word
    Last edited by wombat; 02-26-2003 at 08:09 PM.

Yeah, but uh, that still doesn't explain the "does sweet FA" part...
    -BP
    RallyCross: "Eating dirt is a basic motor skill."

Originally posted by drover
    Yeah, but uh, that still doesn't explain the "does sweet FA" part...
    oh sorry aussie slang

sweet Fark All (spelling of bad word altered but you'll get the idea)

Gotcha. And further clarification may yet be necessary, as Americans generally aren't familiar with the colloquialism of fark/sod/shag/knob/bugger-all meaning "nothing".

So, to translate, the law enforcement authorities did nothing. (alter with colorful language according to local dialiect as you see fit )

"A man's ambition must indeed be small,
    to write his name upon a sh*thouse wall.
    But before I die, I'll add my regal scrawl,
    to show the world I'm left with sweet f*ck all."
    --Shane MacGowan

-BP
    RallyCross: "Eating dirt is a basic motor skill."

I was driving my rex home with my girlfriend and was in the righthand lane in the highway. Then an X5 comes flying up on the shoulder from an exit and cuts right in front of me and I have to slam on my brakes, thank god the car behind me was a vette and was able to stop too. So I follow the X5 until we both get off at the next exit and I pass him (in 3rd at 70 mph, whee!) and cut him of, brake check and speed off. The exit becomes a two lane exit and he blows past me on my left and then slows down to 40. I know whats coming and slow down too, but finally I gotta pass him so I push it in to 3rd and step on it and

VROOOOOOOOOM the X5 hauls ass and cuts in front of me. It was one of the nice ones I guess, massive power. I pass him slowly later and he starts to roll down the passenger window, but doesn't, much to my relief.

My girlfriend wasn't disturbed much, she said I could do it as long as I enjoyed myself, or don't do it at all. Now I just put on the brights and lean on the horn like there is no tomorrow.
    - Capt Crunch

A** Holes are A** holes no changing that... there are many people to dumb to own & drive cars on the roads...
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

A little story, one night we happened to race one guy at a light and where able to beat his mazda. Well anyway as where driving back home through the neighborhood he flys down at about 60 cuts infront of me slams his brakes. I just proceeded to go around him and he did again. Finnaly I stop as im about to open my door he runs out opens my door grabs my shirt and starts screaming at me. I look over at my friend and proceed to throw it in reverse as he tries to run after us. I dont think ive ever driven so fast in my life after that. Infact Ill no longer race from lights due to jerks like that. We also carry a bat in the trunk if anyone decides to do it again

Originally posted by wombat
    yep the stupid pigs said is he armed? I said I don't know
    they said oh it's not a priority alert then funny thing is there was a police station about 500m away I went there afterwards and filled a report cupid stunts did sweet FA
    America- it's the only place you can order a pizza and call the cops at the same time and the pie will show up before the cops....ham on your pizza anyone?
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12