WRX vs. NYC Cab (crown vic)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. NYC Cab (crown vic) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Oh I know, this is *such* an exciting race...I'm sure you've all been just dying to see one turn up ...

WRX vs. NYC Cab (crown vic)

Oh I know, this is *such* an exciting race...I'm sure you've all been just dying to see one turn up here.
    Anyway, I'm driving down 2nd and watch this ******* cabbie go straight from a turning lane almost causing a three car accident. At the next light there are two lanes, and he's on the left. Hell, why not just piss this idiot off.
    I jump into the right lane and line up with him, and he looks at me and gets ready to jump off the light. I've never launched the WRX before, so as the light turned green I just rev'd up and slipped the clutch out quickly, no idea what rpm I was at.
    Wow was that fun. Never felt such sudden movement from a car at a standstill, unless it was being rearended. Truly impressive. Don't think I'll be doing that too often, probably almost never. I love the car for its surgical precision and wonderful driving, not launching off red lights like slung shot and having to fork over cash for new transmission parts.
    Oh yeah, I was racing a cab right? Well, you know what happened.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: WRX vs. NYC Cab (crown vic)

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    Don't think I'll be doing that too often, probably almost never....
    Now that you've started, you won't be able to stop. Who are you kiddin'?

*sigh* I know, I know.
    It's a matter of time until I have a few stages installed and start changing clutches monthly.
    Hey, didn't you have some mods put on your car?
    I need an uppipe installed and I have no one I cant trust to do it. Any recommendations? I'm not sure which one to buy yet.

Metric Subaru Performance Tuning. (http://www.mspt.bigstep.com/homepage.html)

Basically, it's a dealership during afterhours. It would be installed by the service manager himself. A bit pricey, but well worth it, I think. Plus, he won't "void" your warranty over it. The more you hear of leaky up pipe horror stories, the more you'll feel it worthwhile to get it done right the first time.

Which pipe? I'd recommend one with a flex pipe. Several have them nowadays.

I'm at a TurboXS Stage 2 + equivalent, with over 34,000 miles, over a dozen autocrosses, a couple of road course track days, countless drag races with yellow cabs and still on my original clutch and going strong!

The secret is to baby the car (no turbo engagement, under 2800 RPMs, 3-5 min. at idle after cold start) till she fully warms up. You avoid clutch shudder that way. Also 99% of the time, I start from a stop at about 1200 RPMs, and always rev match when I shift gears.

you drive like i do then. glad to hear you've survived this long iwthout a hitch.
    what kind of install hit am i looking at here?
    i think i'm getting into this group buy for the JDM STi catless pipe, with flex joint. best way to go i think. i'll be glad to find a subaru place that will do this kind of work and not start screaming about warranty issues.
    how do you like the computer upgrade?

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    how do you like the computer upgrade?
    Which one? I've had the TurboXS Unichip with harness for over a year now and I'm pretty happy with it. Regardless of the method used, just make sure you get a program from an experienced tuner.

haha~ those NYC cabbies are nuts... I take my car out to city couple of times a week and I see many people being OWNED by those cab drivers.

you guys~ Do you take off mods everytime you take your car to the dealer?

I had a rather amusing run with one down Broadway, from Union Square down to Canal St. It was like 2am on Sunday night, and I was feeling a bit like a trouble maker

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Just curious, does NYPD run radar? Most Chicago squads don't even have radar guns. The few that do seem to patrol LSD almost exclusively. Just move with traffic and nobody will bother you, even if traffic is moving 20 over.
    -BP
    RallyCross: "Eating dirt is a basic motor skill."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.