11.55 1/4 mile Cobra?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 11.55 1/4 mile Cobra? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Those mustang guys think there cars are gods! A fellow engineer at my job claims that a mustang mag got ...

11.55 1/4 mile Cobra?

Those mustang guys think there cars are gods! A fellow engineer at my job claims that a mustang mag got an 03 cobra to do a 11.55sec 1/4 mile bone stock out of the showroom! Bull**** I say, bull**** not even with slicks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ROFL yeah that was out the back of an airplane. HAHA stock 11.55 thats pretty funny. thanks for the laugh man. hehe

i think the fastest ive seen stock in any mag is a 13.3

I've just seen two test times recently for the '03 SVT Cobra.

Edmunds.com had 13.6 secs.
    (http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/compa...5/page010.html)

Sports Compact Car had 13.4 secs. "Printing a number like 13.4, we'll surely be called a bunch of FWD sissies who can't drag race. Anticipating this response, we asked Cameron Evans, editor of our sister publication, 'Popular Hot Rodding,' to give it a try, but the car just wouldn't go any faster."
    (April 2003 issue, page 110.)

03 cobra is coming,,,,,,
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

"Printing a number like 13.4, we'll surely be called a bunch of FWD sissies who can't drag race. Anticipating this response, we asked Cameron Evans, editor of our sister publication, 'Popular Hot Rodding,' to give it a try, but the car just wouldn't go any faster."
    god I love SCC, ha. Only prob is that they were made to go alot faster cheaply. A guy I met last summer right after the car came out had one where all he had changed was a smaller SC pulley and he got a 12.5, now thats nuts.

All they need to run 11s @ 120+ is a blower pulley and exhaust.

They love mods!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

The fastest I've seen an 03 Cobra tested was in the 11/02 edition of MT. 1/4 mile in 12.84@113.18mph. One of the guys I know who is a WRX owner and also a Mustang junkie said with a perfect launch the Cobra is capable of 12.6-12.7 and he's pretty honest about the Cobras since he is a WRX owner as well. So yes, that claim of 11.55 stock is pretty much BS.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

I plugged the numbers(11.55 and 3664 curb weight) into a calculator, and it spit out was 469 hp, I guess thats at the wheels. Might be a freak or two come out of the factory, but 469 hp is a big freak.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

11.55 stock with a 200 MPH tail wind and a 9 second WRX AWD pulling it...

That guy is FULL of it. Does not know what he is talking about.

The rule-of-thumb number for a stock 03 Cobra is 13.0/1 @ 110. Thats the average. Some have produced 12.7's and some 13.5's... All driver, conditions, track, etc...

Actually chip and Cat-Back and the car is capable of a LOW 12 second run with good tires.

One thing to remember is that most of the numbers out there are on cars without many miles on them. You get a loosened up stock 03 Cobra, SLICKS, and a pefect (pro) driver with perfect conditions, and a LOT OF LUCK, you might be able to hit a high 11.

There are STOCK 02 Z06's hitting 11.7's with only DR's... I've seen that myself MANY times...

All in all, you prolly will NEVER see a stock 03 Cobra produce an 11 second run. HIGHLY doubtfull and improbable. I dont like to say never, but in this case you are prolly safe to say never.

Hell, I wish...
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Does anyone else no about problems with the rear ends/ trannys in the 03 Cobras.

I've read about several guys with lightly modded 03 Cobras, (chip, pully) and the rear ends or tranny couldn't handle the power.

I was just wondering if this is true.

I've read about several guys with lightly modded 03 Cobras, (chip, pully) and the rear ends or tranny couldn't handle the power.
    I don't think you would have any problems with the tranny. That is a Tremec 6 speed which I believe is the same one used on a Viper. I've heard of the clutch going out fast but that's to be expected. Not sure about the rear end but you have to remember that a STOCK Cobra is putting about 380hp AT THE WHEELS. Yes, Ford seriously under-rated the engine power at 390. That is some serious power going to the rear end.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

Originally posted by 03WRX
    I don't think you would have any problems with the tranny. That is a Tremec 6 speed which I believe is the same one used on a Viper. I've heard of the clutch going out fast but that's to be expected. Not sure about the rear end but you have to remember that a STOCK Cobra is putting about 380hp AT THE WHEELS. Yes, Ford seriously under-rated the engine power at 390. That is some serious power going to the rear end.

I think your right. The one guy I talked to with an 03 Cobra did mention the rear end. That is a lot of power hitting the ground. Add a pair of sticky tires and that could equal trouble.

Re: 11.55 1/4 mile Cobra?

Originally posted by scoob
    Those mustang guys think there cars are gods! A fellow engineer at my job claims that a mustang mag got an 03 cobra to do a 11.55sec 1/4 mile bone stock out of the showroom! Bull**** I say, bull**** not even with slicks!
    I actually read this at Barnes and Noble--They did claim this, but they used slicks or drag radials. But they did say there was no other mods.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Does anyone else no about problems with the rear ends/ trannys in the 03 Cobras.

I was just wondering if this is true.
    mustang has same tremec t-56 as chevy uses it is a strong trans but you will wear out fork pads if you rest your hand on the shifter. i have changed alot of those. rear diff problems usually come from meatheads who put big slicks on trying to run 11.55 bone stock hehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast