Honda Civics' oppinions of our car
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Honda Civics' oppinions of our car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You gotta read this!! It is unbelievable how these guys on 7thgencivic.com are talking about the car that the magazine ...

Honda Civics' oppinions of our car

You gotta read this!! It is unbelievable how these guys on 7thgencivic.com are talking about the car that the magazine turbo mag did in a recent issue.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forum/mes...y&keyword1=wrx

I have to agree with them that this magazine did a sh*tty job of doing stuff to the car but these honda guys have NO IDEA of how good our car is! Some of them recognize that our car is totally superior to pretty much any other car in performance per money (excluding srt-4 cause it is a dodge). But it just totally blew my mind when some of these guys were saying, "wow I was totally disappointed, I thought the WRX was better than that!"

I am glad that some of them got on there and laid down the law saying that our car can kick some @ss and with few mods can really fly!

Oh well, I guess I just totall freaked when I first saw these guys writing that they were disappointed in our car........

Cook32
    2K2 Silver WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

HAHA... Civic owners that think an Air Filter, Muffler and Ground Wires are the end all to performance upgrades

You should definatly not be dissappointed by what they say...read what those *kids* post. I would be surprised if the one that started the thread even has a car, that is just judging by his genreal lack of knowledge about anything. Then some other genious goes on to say that he'd rather get a 2.5RS and a turbo kit, b/c the 2.5 puts "150 somthing" to the ground...thats funny since its what like 145 crank.

Im trading in my 2001 civic for WRX tomm (had to wait to get it shipped from another dealer) so i know personally that a WRX will eat any civic w/basic mods w/o even having to try. Theres no reason for you to be offended by the post, just read it and laugh.

Re: Honda Civics' oppinions of our car

Originally posted by cook32
    Some of them recognize that our car is totally superior to pretty much any other car in performance per money (excluding srt-4 cause it is a dodge).
    Wow... its okay to admit that you don't have the best car for the money. Leave it at that.

Saying something like this is exactly like what everyone else does with the WRX. "Oh... its only a Subaru." or "The only thing that's good on the WRX is AWD."
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

Re: Re: Honda Civics' oppinions of our car

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    Saying something like this is exactly like what everyone else does with the WRX. "Oh... its only a Subaru." or "The only thing that's good on the WRX is AWD."
    I know, you're right. I guess there is finally a competitor for our car for this title.....I do think that other than the srt-4 nothing else compares though. I guess I just really don't like the styling of the dodge. The difference I think btw ours and the dodge will be the reliability. I am very interested in seeing how those cars hold up after a couple years of being on the market in daily reliability. One of the reasons I bought a Subaru is because they have as good of reliability ratings from consumer reports as hondas do. But our car is soooo much faster than the comparable hondas.

I do laugh at what these guys said and I do think they are really just talking out of the butts on the subject. They obviously do not know anything about the WRX.

And I agree, the I would rather buy a RS than a WRX is the most funny comment on the thread!!!

Cook32
    2K2 Silver WRX

Don't let it bother you it sounds like alot of very misinformed kids just talking. It was funny how they said the "turbo" model of the WRX, I didn't know there was a non-turbo WRX. Besides the magazine put big brakes and wheels an exhaust and a intake what do they expect 50 whp from that. Kinda of funny makes you just want to make them understand but they won't and can't.

I didn't know our cars had a header.

Tony
    Last edited by TonyMS; 02-23-2003 at 05:06 PM.
    --Tony

2002.5 Mazda Protege5
    1997 Mazda Miata STO Edition #774-1500 (Sold)
    2003 WRX Silver Sedan
    -STi Grill
    -STi Projectors
    -Aust Spec 17' wheels

They do also known as the manifold. They sell aftermarket ones for our car too. Like the Maxim Works Header and Cusco Header etc.

Originally posted by TonyMS
    Don't let it bother you it sounds like alot of very misinformed kids just talking. It was funny how they said the "turbo" model of the WRX, I didn't know there was a non-turbo WRX. Besides the magazine put big brakes and wheels an exhaust and a intake what do they expect 50 whp from that. Kinda of funny makes you just want to make them understand but they won't and can't.

I didn't know our cars had a header.

Tony

The word they are looking for...er dont know, is manifold. lol

hey..dont make fun of all 7thgencivic owners
    im a member of that site
    most of them dont know **** though
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

FWIW, they seemed to know what the WRX is capable of. Fine with me
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Hmmm....anyone ever hear of what car this guy is talking about?

No, Honda doesn't make a car that matches that kinda price and performance. But keep in mind 2 things.... 1) honda doesn't make an AWD production car, much less a turbo'd one. 2) even the WRX with it's 2.0 liter 4 cylinder with turbo, honda got more out of the same sized engine and NATURALLY ASPIRATED.
    - S2000man01(moderator)
    Is he referring to the S2000? If so, he is on crack. That car makes 200hp NA compared to the WRX 227 turboed. If Subaru really wanted to get 200hp NA from this motor minus the turbo, I don't doubt they could. Subaru would rather build a turbo motor for even more tunability rather than a NA motor that is already close to it's limits. The best upgrade for the S2000 is a s/c, since all the bolt-ons don't do much in the way of power gains. By that time they will have spent $4000 on the s/c to give them FI which Subaru provides from the factory.

Nice thread we got goin bashin the civics. Its funny how civic owners are always referred to as "kids" though. I can see how these guys might seem a little stupid but not all civics are "rice" Everytime someone brings up posts about civics or other un-worthy cars they always have to be downgraded. Try racing some of my friends that own civics and you'll see just "how-little" they know about upgrading their cars.
    My friend russel (him and his brother own INJEN) owns a turbo'd gold hatch and that car is pretty quick.
    My other friend with a silver hatch is getting an LS motor dropped in with type R heads and all this other stuff I cant even remember. You all know what a lightweight hatch + an Ls vtec motor can do.
    My friend with a 92 supra just dumped about 5grand on his motor and is getting the japanese spec (J1) motor put in his car. (the same engine the supra had in the fast and the furious)

Im not trying to defend all civic owners or whatever cause I agree alot of them do look like crap but keep in mind everyone doesnt have the money to own a wrx.
    Cause in the end, when im with my "upper-class" friends and their driving thier fixed up supras, s4's, m3's or whatever...all I have is a subaru.

By the way for those of you that will TRY to say im lying or whatever about my friends with the ls engine, or j1 supra come to hot import nights in longbeach this may. Well be there under TYPE1. Its my first show though...ill try to represent the SUBARU WRX hardcore!!!

look, you're wasting your breath.
    the fact of the matter is, people who own one type of car will always bash every other type of car to make themselves feel better about the size of their...
    and anyway, if you care so much that people are bashing your car then you should try to get them into a group buy for time on a psychiatrists couch.

Originally posted by AjDaMan
    Is he referring to the S2000? If so, he is on crack. That car makes 200hp NA compared to the WRX 227 turboed...
    POR (point of reference) - S2000 makes 240 NA horsepower. That's nuts.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by AjDaMan
    Is he referring to the S2000? If so, he is on crack. That car makes 200hp NA compared to the WRX 227 turboed.
    Aj....buddy....S2000 was 240hp stock The thing he neglects to mention is the ever important torque curve. I drove an S2000. Amazing car, but you had to rev to 6000rpm to get any power out of the dang thing.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast