Honda Civics' oppinions of our car - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on Honda Civics' oppinions of our car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; yeah before i get flamed, just pretend that an rb26dett would fit in a geo prism, i was just saying ...

yeah before i get flamed, just pretend that an rb26dett would fit in a geo prism, i was just saying it to get the point across, thats probably not a real probable thing to happen.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Solak321-

Very good points. You seem to be a level headed logic speaker! R u a lawyer...? j/k.

But yeah, you are totally right!

Cook32
    2K2 Silver WRX

Aside from this thread just getting way out of hand - these killed this thread:

You all are idiots. I am not talking about my car you morons!...

You sir are an idiot...

You are a jackass...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

I agree, a lot of civics are real fast driving in a straight line but can they do that while taking corners

s2k's can probaly pull on a wrx from a roll, but races are meant to start from a stop

No we weren't comparing new to new because he had said the WRX and $1000 worth of mods would beat "any" honda.

Originally posted by solak321
    Hey guys this is my first post here, but i am a long time reader of this forum. Anyway, my family owns all hondas but i'm hoping to get an 02 rex this summer. We also have a 7th gen civic ex coupe which is relevent to this topic.

There are a couple things that I think that have really started the fight earlier that really are unfair comparisons.

First of all i don't think its fair to compare a used car to a brand new car. This is not a fair comparison because almost any used car will cost less than a new one. I think milkman said earlier that for a 25k car, the wrx wasn't that fast. Well you have to compare it to other new cars, just like you compare used cars to used cars.

Second, i think we are comparing stock to stock here. Yeah I could take a geo prism, mod the hell out of, drop in an RB26dett, and then take all unnecesary weight out of it and i'd be beating corvettes. You don't say man those corvettes are slow for 50k dollar cars or anything like that.

I also think that we should be looking at modding potential for the engine that came in the car as well.

On these terms, try making a brand new civic as fast as a stock rex for under 24k, probably not gonna happen. Also all this talk about how the wrx has low dyno numbers, since when did that mean the car was fast or not, the dyno is not a racetrack or a dragstrip, there are too many other conditions to look at. Dyno numbers really don't mean anything as far as judging what car will beat the other, all that matters is its track performance or 1/4 mile times.

Sorry its so long, if i said anything that is incorrect, feel free to correct me on it.

I don't think anything killed this thread. Everyone voiced their opinions, once facts were stated people got a better understanding.

Originally posted by is2scooby
    Aside from this thread just getting way out of hand - these killed this thread:

Umm no, civics do very well at Road Race and even AutoX because of their lightweight. I mean the S2000 kills in the handling department, so they are definately not just good in a straight line. Well a lot of the races people get involved with are from a roll so you can't really say that. Also some stock S2Ks have run 13.8, so if you ran S2K vs WRX stock vs stock from a stop the S2K would probably win but it would be more driver based than anything. I mean my UTEC Stage 2 WRX could definately kill an S2000 but they are still fun little cars.

Originally posted by n00bx0rz
    I agree, a lot of civics are real fast driving in a straight line but can they do that while taking corners

s2k's can probaly pull on a wrx from a roll, but races are meant to start from a stop
    Last edited by KnightWRXRider; 02-26-2003 at 08:13 PM.

Originally posted by KnightWRXRider
    I don't think anything killed this thread. Everyone voiced their opinions, once facts were stated people got a better understanding.
    No, those personal insults KILLED THIS THREAD.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456