Honda Civics' oppinions of our car - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Honda Civics' oppinions of our car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by KnightWRXRider Guys I don't think we're saying all Civics suck, but the 7th gen is the worst ...

Originally posted by KnightWRXRider
    Guys I don't think we're saying all Civics suck, but the 7th gen is the worst ever released, it's a complete joke. This kid I know has all this stuff done to his and he ran a 18.0 flat 1/4 mile on his 2001 EX hahahahah. My buddy owns a completely stock looking Del Sol with a B18C1 engine in it and he's going to turbo it. That car is cool.
    Your buddy has to learn to drive. 18 flat is horrible. most stock 7th gens will still hit low/flat 16's (yes, I know, weak) and a member of ours ran 15.8 stock.
    AKA S2000man01
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by honda troll
    Your buddy has to learn to drive. 18 flat is horrible. most stock 7th gens will still hit low/flat 16's (yes, I know, weak) and a member of ours ran 15.8 stock.
    yeh, and those with bottle go low 14...

Lastly, we aren't just a bunch of ignorant civic owners. I think some people didn't realize the kind of power loss an AWD suffers. None the less, we all know what a stock WRX is capable of, even if the dyno numbers show greater drive train loss. If I had the cash, my winter car would be a WRX in a second. Let's all get along now, hey? I have a lot of friends with WRX's, and have no problems with any of them. A few posts here too... Mad Max WRX I think is one of them?
    Last edited by honda troll; 02-25-2003 at 08:27 PM.
    AKA S2000man01

hey man..your prices kinda highhhhhh...

Originally posted by KnightWRXRider
    These are just guesses on prices but I think it's feasible.

Rev Hard cast Manifold $350
    Garret T3 Turbo $700
    Spearco intercooler $800
    AEM Cam gears $300
    3-inch downpipe $300
    GReddy Exhaust $600

Hondata Stage 4 engine management $1100
    Walbro Fuel Pump $150
    Aeromotive Fuel regulator $100
    RC 440cc injectors $600

Clutchmasters stage 5 clutch $500

Progress competition coil-overs $1000

205/50ZR-15 Nitto NT450 Tires $300

The total comes to $6800 which leaves room for error

The torque curve on the S2000 is almost flat.

http://www.flyinmiata.com/tech/dyno_...99TvsS2000.pdf

Try to guess which curve is the Miata and which is the S2000. (sarcasm)
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

hehe... turbo miata much? (from the looks of it)
    AKA S2000man01

Jon
    does anybody know if the wrx in that issue was on a dyno dynamics or dynojet dyno???

one thing i have to say in response to one of cook32's comments is that a eg or ek hatch with a h22 swapped into it along with some fairly sticky tires would be a pretty decent match for a stock scooby. i dunno what happened to the guy you ran with that was spraying, but the power to weight ratio in that hatch wouldn't be so shabby

either way, lets not let one spoil the bunch here. also, with 10k anything can fly. we can play that game all you want, take a junker for 300 bucks put the right motor, tune it, and wallah for 10k or whatever your runnin 11s. BOTTOM LINE: some civics are fast, some are not... this has been said before but.... the WRX is so much more then a 1/4 mile time...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by cook32
    You all are idiots. I am not talking about my car you morons! I haven't put $1000 into my car at all and I know what a turbo timer is you idiot. Can you read?? I said give me a stock WRX and a thousand dollars. If you think I spent $1000 on a dp, up, and turbo timer you all need to have your head's checked. And no you can't build a faster honda for 25 g's than I could with a WRX and $1000. You all must be on acid or something if you think that! And I have driven against a hell of a lot more than highschool ricers. I have friends with faster honda's than you probably milkman. Again, you all don't read. I said another WRX, not mine dips.

Sorry for reacting harshly but I don't like being dissed on and said I am smoking crack milkman. And Tim3, whatever!

Cook32
    I know!

one thing i have to say in response to one of cook32's comments is that a eg or ek hatch with a h22 swapped into it along with some fairly sticky tires would be a pretty decent match for a stock scooby.
    An H22 is an EG or EK wouldent be a fair match for a stock WRX, it would own the WRX.

Jon
    thinking about it, u might be right on that one. instead, just tone it down a bit and swap in a b18c5

Originally posted by cjackswrx
    Since a rsx has more power than what a wrx does how come I haven't seen a stock one get any where near the 14's. There is also the thing called torque, that most honda people don't take inot consideration. Hondas have very narrow power bands because of the power curves, a car like a wrx or a v8 has a much wider power curve and makes power over a wide range which contributes to it being faster in most instances. I am not in anyway bashing a RSX, I love the cars, i'm just using the car you used in your comparision.
    I don't really want to get involved in this discussion because it looks like its getting out of hand, but I would like to reply to this cut-and-paste quote.

First off, the RSX-S DOES NOT dyno higher than a WRX.

Secondly, stock RSX-S's are getting in the high 14s...actually, it depends on how you define stock. I guess new tires aren't considered stock...but there are plenty of Type S's dipping into the high 14s stock (w/out new tires and even more w/ new tires).

Thirdly, the Type S has a narrow power band? What? Care to define that for me? Granted, there is little power off the line...but once you hit 5800rpms, you are set until fuel cutoff at 7900 rpms. Your boost hits at 3K and cuts off at 6krpms, correct? How is a Honda powerband narrow using those numbers? You've got a grand total of 900rpms to play with...

Seems to me that since your boost cuts off before redline and your numbers dip, your power band is narrow as well...its been dyno proven that even with a stock setup, a RSX-S is still making "big" power at fuel cutoff, which is why with the Hondata reflash program, you can raise your fuel cutoff to 8600rpms or even higher (some at 8900rpms) w/out ever loosing power.

Your AWD gives you an inherent advantage and really allows you to beat "faster" cars. YOu are quicker from a roll than a Type S from what I understand, but not much quicker in stock form. So how is the Type S's powerband "narrow???"

Hey, I've never done nothing but complemented your car and I'm not interested in getting involved in the Civic discussion. But I think you were a tad off in some of your statements.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Glad to see this thread is starting to become civil again. I applaud those who can apologize and admit they were wrong.

The thread at the honda site wasn't that bad, let's not go search for trouble and give ourselves a bad name huh.

No the WRX powerband is more like 3000-7000 rpm stock and you get boost to hit in a light lower with mods so it's more workable. I have not seen any timeslips of an RSX running a high 14 stock, I suppose it's possible although I'd imagine it's easier to rattle off a 14 flat in a WRX than a 14.9 in an RSX.

Originally posted by smokey
    I don't really want to get involved in this discussion because it looks like its getting out of hand, but I would like to reply to this cut-and-paste quote.

First off, the RSX-S DOES NOT dyno higher than a WRX.

Secondly, stock RSX-S's are getting in the high 14s...actually, it depends on how you define stock. I guess new tires aren't considered stock...but there are plenty of Type S's dipping into the high 14s stock (w/out new tires and even more w/ new tires).

Thirdly, the Type S has a narrow power band? What? Care to define that for me? Granted, there is little power off the line...but once you hit 5800rpms, you are set until fuel cutoff at 7900 rpms. Your boost hits at 3K and cuts off at 6krpms, correct? How is a Honda powerband narrow using those numbers? You've got a grand total of 900rpms to play with...

Seems to me that since your boost cuts off before redline and your numbers dip, your power band is narrow as well...its been dyno proven that even with a stock setup, a RSX-S is still making "big" power at fuel cutoff, which is why with the Hondata reflash program, you can raise your fuel cutoff to 8600rpms or even higher (some at 8900rpms) w/out ever loosing power.

Your AWD gives you an inherent advantage and really allows you to beat "faster" cars. YOu are quicker from a roll than a Type S from what I understand, but not much quicker in stock form. So how is the Type S's powerband "narrow???"

Hey, I've never done nothing but complemented your car and I'm not interested in getting involved in the Civic discussion. But I think you were a tad off in some of your statements.

Hey guys this is my first post here, but i am a long time reader of this forum. Anyway, my family owns all hondas but i'm hoping to get an 02 rex this summer. We also have a 7th gen civic ex coupe which is relevent to this topic.

There are a couple things that I think that have really started the fight earlier that really are unfair comparisons.

First of all i don't think its fair to compare a used car to a brand new car. This is not a fair comparison because almost any used car will cost less than a new one. I think milkman said earlier that for a 25k car, the wrx wasn't that fast. Well you have to compare it to other new cars, just like you compare used cars to used cars.

Second, i think we are comparing stock to stock here. Yeah I could take a geo prism, mod the hell out of, drop in an RB26dett, and then take all unnecesary weight out of it and i'd be beating corvettes. You don't say man those corvettes are slow for 50k dollar cars or anything like that.

I also think that we should be looking at modding potential for the engine that came in the car as well.

On these terms, try making a brand new civic as fast as a stock rex for under 24k, probably not gonna happen. Also all this talk about how the wrx has low dyno numbers, since when did that mean the car was fast or not, the dyno is not a racetrack or a dragstrip, there are too many other conditions to look at. Dyno numbers really don't mean anything as far as judging what car will beat the other, all that matters is its track performance or 1/4 mile times.

Sorry its so long, if i said anything that is incorrect, feel free to correct me on it.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.