Honda Civics' oppinions of our car - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Honda Civics' oppinions of our car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You all are idiots. I am not talking about my car you morons! I haven't put 00 into my car ...

You all are idiots. I am not talking about my car you morons! I haven't put $1000 into my car at all and I know what a turbo timer is you idiot. Can you read?? I said give me a stock WRX and a thousand dollars. If you think I spent $1000 on a dp, up, and turbo timer you all need to have your head's checked. And no you can't build a faster honda for 25 g's than I could with a WRX and $1000. You all must be on acid or something if you think that! And I have driven against a hell of a lot more than highschool ricers. I have friends with faster honda's than you probably milkman. Again, you all don't read. I said another WRX, not mine dips.

Sorry for reacting harshly but I don't like being dissed on and said I am smoking crack milkman. And Tim3, whatever!

Cook32
    Last edited by cook32; 02-25-2003 at 06:24 PM.
    2K2 Silver WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You sir are an idiot. St00pid on ClubSI and hondatech built a 93 hatch that ran 11.68 at 123mph. It had a stock bottom end and cost less $10,000. I will find you the exact numbers soon. It was featured as his girlfriends car in February issue of Sport Compact Car. So that means I can build 2 Hondas both a couple seconds faster than your WRX for the price you stated. Stop being closeminded you're making WRX owners look like jerks.

Originally posted by cook32
    You all are idiots. I am not talking about my car you morons! I haven't put $1000 into my car at all and I know what a turbo timer is you idiot. Can you read?? I said give me a stock WRX and a thousand dollars. If you think I spent $1000 on a dp, up, and turbo timer you all need to have your head's checked. And no you can't build a faster honda for 25 g's than I could with a WRX and $1000. You all must be on acid or something if you think that! And I have driven against a hell of a lot more than highschool ricers. I have friends with faster honda's than you probably milkman. Again, you all don't read. I said another WRX, not mine dips.

Sorry for reacting harshly but I don't like being dissed on and said I am smoking crack milkman. And Tim3, whatever!

Cook32

oh come on..
    you try to compare a two diffrent cars.
    WRX vs Civic (not Si)

WRX:
    cost a 10K more then civic.
    car insurance is preaty high becouse of turbo
    MPG is high also, becouse of all wheel.

hell yeh, its fast from stock...

CIVIC:
    cost almost a twice less then WRX.
    car incurance is twice less then WRX.
    MPG is low.

civic wasn't desine to go fast..
    it was desine to be a practical car and for everyday use..

but there is JDM...with $10K invested, any civic can fly..
    thanks to JDM...

I am not an idiot. You are a jackass for saying that and I am in no way making WRX owners look like jerks. Milkman made some ridiculous comments, a prelude engine in a civic does NOT make it faster than a WRX. And if this guy built that quick of a car with 10K, add that on to the sticker of a civic and that is about the cost of a WRX. So I made a generalization....sue me. But you are a prick for saying that. Next time I try to defend something I will try and be careful about your feelings.....wait no, screw you. By the way, I bet that civic is a good daily driver (sarcasm). And I am going to stop defending myself to you.

Cook32
    2K2 Silver WRX

Ok I just read the Sport Compact Car issue with that civic.

There is no way this was under 10K unless he has a hellafied hookup through a dealer. Here is a list of what it has done:

Rev Hard cast Manifold
    Garret T3 Turbo
    Spearco intercooler
    AEM Cam gears
    3-inch downpipe
    GReddy Exhaust

Hondata Stage 4 engine management
    Walbro Fuel Pump
    Aeromotive Fuel regulator
    RC 440cc injectors

Clutchmasters stage 5 clutch

Progress competition coil-overs

205/50ZR-15 Nitto NT450 Tires

If all this costs him 10K I REALLY want to know where he buys his stuff and has it installed. Putting in alot of this stuff takes major mechanic's tools! So get your numbers and verify, because if he did this w/ 10K I am calling him for hookups!

Cook32
    2K2 Silver WRX

You made a generaliztion. No the 10 grand was including the car. It's running 20 psi on a stock block. It's a B18B block the ones that come out of a Integra LS which is a non VTEC motor which can found in almost any junkyard for really little money. A prelude engine in a 2300lb will definately smoke a stock WRX and quite a few modded ones. I bet it is a decent daily driver, the boost comes on pretty high she can shift low and get decent gas mileage. That is in fact his girlfriends ride. All I'm saying is your wrong, just admit and we'll be fine. I apologize for calling you an idiot but you're talking abou things you have no clue about.

I am not an idiot. You are a jackass for saying that and I am in no way making WRX owners look like jerks. Milkman made some ridiculous comments, a prelude engine in a civic does NOT make it faster than a WRX. And if this guy built that quick of a car with 10K, add that on to the sticker of a civic and that is about the cost of a WRX. So I made a generalization....sue me. But you are a prick for saying that. Next time I try to defend something I will try and be careful about your feelings.....wait no, screw you. By the way, I bet that civic is a good daily driver (sarcasm). And I am going to stop defending myself to you.

Cook32

These are just guesses on prices but I think it's feasible.

Rev Hard cast Manifold $350
    Garret T3 Turbo $700
    Spearco intercooler $800
    AEM Cam gears $300
    3-inch downpipe $300
    GReddy Exhaust $600

Hondata Stage 4 engine management $1100
    Walbro Fuel Pump $150
    Aeromotive Fuel regulator $100
    RC 440cc injectors $600

Clutchmasters stage 5 clutch $500

Progress competition coil-overs $1000

205/50ZR-15 Nitto NT450 Tires $300

The total comes to $6800 which leaves room for error

KnightWRXRider,

I am sorry for saying you are a jackass, I am just in a harsh mood tonight I guess. But there is no way. Three of my really good friends have honda's (2 civics, 1 prelude). I researched the hell out of the prelude b/c that was my dream car until the WRX came out. I am telling you there is no way a engine swap will make a civic faster than a WRX. Alot of people around in north east Kansas drive them and I actually have hung out with a car club that has a prelude (which i think is lighter than a civic, that's a guess) with some stuff and I raced him. He had intake/header/exhaust, had a 30 shot of NOS, it was lowered, and had nice tires on it. It wasn't really close. That is why I just can't see an engine swap to a civic making it faster than a WRX.

And dude, there is no way, all those aftermarket parts put together will cost more than 10K.

I really do apologize for reacting like that, but milkman and tim3's comments totally peeved me off. Sorry!

Cook32
    2K2 Silver WRX

hey guys..your out of topic..

about the price..its all depends where you get your labor..
    i had install aem pulley, cam gear, Apexi( with dyno), full exhaust system with header and high cat and aem intake(with bypass) for 300...(that was installation only)

i dont belive that you smoked prelude with nos,( even if its 30 shots, i run 50)..
    would be good, if you can post some video clip.

KnightWRXRider,

I am sorry for saying you are a jackass, I am just in a harsh mood tonight I guess. But there is no way. Three of my really good friends have honda's (2 civics, 1 prelude). I researched the hell out of the prelude b/c that was my dream car until the WRX came out. I am telling you there is no way a engine swap will make a civic faster than a WRX. Alot of people around in north east Kansas drive them and I actually have hung out with a car club that has a prelude (which i think is lighter than a civic, that's a guess) with some stuff and I raced him. He had intake/header/exhaust, had a 30 shot of NOS, it was lowered, and had nice tires on it. It wasn't really close. That is why I just can't see an engine swap to a civic making it faster than a WRX.

And dude, there is no way, all those aftermarket parts put together will cost more than 10K.

I really do apologize for reacting like that, but milkman and tim3's comments totally peeved me off. Sorry!

Cook32

I apologize as well. Ok it depends if we're talking off the line or from a roll because like I said when I was stock my friend in an I/H/E Civic SI would pull on me. Plus if you have a even lighter car than an SI with an engine with even more power it will pull even more. A prelude itself is not that fast because it is grossly overweight in the world of Hondas. Off the line is a different story, generally it's a pain to hook up with a Honda, but a light hatch with some sticky tires and a Prelude engine would be damn close off the line. I think we can all agree 2k1 Civics aren't all that fast but I suppose there might be a few surprising ones out there not with the typical I/H/E boltons though. But Hondas can be made fast relatively cheap. Anyways take it easy and keep on Boostin!

Well this guy is known for building Hondas so he does all the labor himself, you can save a lot of money that way.

Originally posted by mike0404
    hey guys..your out of topic..

about the price..its all depends where you get your labor..
    i had install aem pulley, cam gear, Apexi( with dyno), full exhaust system with header and high cat and aem intake(with bypass) for 300...(that was installation only)

Mike0404-

Yeah, I really wish I could do video clips but all my money is being saved. I am going into graduate school + I want to do more stuff to my car=no way to video for me.

Let me get more into the race. We race way out south of my town so we could go forever and wanted to see top speeds of our cars. We were going side by side at 30 m.p.h. and he honked his horn for us to start. When he did his shot he caught up but then I got into fourth and pulled away quite a bit. I had alot more respect in the car club after the race!

Cook32
    2K2 Silver WRX

Originally posted by djrez4
    Aj....buddy....S2000 was 240hp stock The thing he neglects to mention is the ever important torque curve. I drove an S2000. Amazing car, but you had to rev to 6000rpm to get any power out of the dang thing.
    Not that I'm saying WRX's are slow, nor that they aren't modable to be fast as hell...

but even from a 10-15mph roll, the S2000 will pull well below 6000rpm on a stock WRX. I ran a member of this site and have it on video. S2k's aren't weak below VTEC.
    AKA S2000man01

Originally posted by KnightWRXRider
    Well this guy is known for building Hondas so he does all the labor himself, you can save a lot of money that way.
    no i dont
    i havea speed shop, they do all the labor..but they're my frinds, that's why its cheap..

but any way, with all those mods and 3k in my interior and exter. my car looks good..its not that fast, unless its on the bottle..i'm trying not to use it a lot.

but who know, maybe its going to be 10 sec. car someday..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast