Honda Civics' oppinions of our car - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Honda Civics' oppinions of our car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; please dont tell me you think your coupe is NOT rice....

please dont tell me you think your coupe is NOT rice.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If by rice you mean a car that has add on with no funcuality but looks then yes it is rice. I built that car to look good, win a few trophies at shows like HIN and then to sell, and to be honest i have had one fun time doing it to. I might consider doing the k20 type r swap before i sell it but im not sure. But I love my 2001, not because it is fast, for its not that by anymeans, but because i have made it to be how i wanted it to look. Theres no interour pictures of it on there, but i think if i get around to posting some, even you would be jelous. When you work in fiberglass, the amount of custom modifications you can make is endless.

Originally posted by Shadymilkman
    Im surprised at some of the ignorance that you so called "adults" and "tuners" post. I will gladly race any wrx on this fourum with my supposed "slow" civic. Its a 95 too so its nice and OLD and slow right? I really expected more out of this fourum and im a little dissapointed. I saw one post that had some real thought put into it before it was submited. The hatch has an h22 type s swap in it, and if you know anything about jdm motors which im guessing few of you do, it has 220 stock hp and also comes with a limited slip. Packs quite the little punch in a 2000 pound hatchback. If any of you wrx owners wana kick my little kid butt in a race be my guest. Im also shocked how nearly all of you dismissed every civic owner as a rice boys or a kid. Not everyone cares to learn how to tune honda's or cars in general, nore has the money for it, and generaly speaking the riceboys that you speak of all are in highschool. Yes there are alot of kids out there who think led washers are cool, and guarteed there are asl some wrxs with rice on them also. Granted that wrx for civic there are most likley more faster wrx's, however that dosent mean that you own all civics. Still its funny how you call all civics rice. Why because almost all of the fast civics out there are sleepers, and those of you that have run into them and have gotten beaten are to ashamed to admit it. Go to the track or autocross some time and watch hatchies run 13 second 1/4s all day long with stock swaps in there cars, and 11's with those who have had time to tune them right. But you paid 24 grand for your wrx meanwhile they only paid 7 for there entire car with swap therefor your cars must be superiour.

First of all you don't really read very closely. It was started becuase of their oppinion of our cars, not our oppinions of theirs. And your engine swap and other mods that make your car faster make your car more expensive than a stock. Your engine does 220 to the crank, ours does 225 to the crank. Also our car can launch a WHOLE lot better than yours with our AWD. Your "sleepers" I have raced and kicked the sh*t out of. Yes there are some civics that are faster than me but they have put a whole lot more money into their car than what my car is stock. By the way, you give me $1000 to work with on a stock WRX and I gurantee your "sleepers" will get their crap tossed! So maybe you expect more but I know my stuff about honda's and I know my stuff about a WRX......and next time read a little closer!

Cook32

P.S.- this thread sucks now! I wish I wouldn't have started it!
    2K2 Silver WRX

You smoke crack.
    Wow so your car has a whopping 7 more hp then my hatch had STOCK. Thats exactly the kind of ignorance im talking about. Also how much does you car weigh and how much does my hatch weigh? Point proven. All of the wrx's ive seen stock run around 14.5s with decent drives. But apparently with a turbo timer you can run 13.8's. amazing really amazing. Wow so with 24 grand for your wrx, plus the 1 grand for tuning u can beat any honda? Give me 25 grand and i will build a honda that that will run circles around your wrx, and im pretty sure that everyone on this forum can concure to that. But you go one racing highschool kids with led washers and thinking that you have beaten an 11 second hatch.

P.S This "riceboy" is done posting, just thought i would make my opinion herd. In no way am i bashing the wrx, neither was anyone on the 7th gen civic fourms they were just expressing there dissapointment in the lack of output it had as a 25 thousand dollar car. I also am really am looking forword to the sti v. evo shootout, and shall return when both are released
    Last edited by Shadymilkman; 02-25-2003 at 06:02 PM.

turbo timer = 1grand worth of tuning? do you even know what a turbo timer is? yes, with 1 grand worth of parts into a wrx, it will be mid 13's...oh yeah..and it will be street drivable...and it will be an excellent winter car. i highly doubt any 11 second honda will be streetable...and any honda in the 13's will hardly perform well in anything but perfect conditions. ive driven vtec cars in the rain...you hit vtec, and instant wheelspin. i cant even imagine what it would be like in the snow.

- Not all Civics are rice, but many are. For every tastefully done, fast hatch, there are probably 3 slow Civics with questionable styling.

- The WRX isn't above rice, but there are definitely less riced Rexes because of the demographic of the owners.

- A turbo timer will not knock off .7 in the 1/4 mile.
    Last edited by palaban; 02-25-2003 at 06:25 PM.

i dont see the need to flame war
    theres are alot of rice in the world. the reason more civics r riced out than wrx's because civics dont cost as much
    most sunfires,cavys,neons r riced out to, becuase they cost so little
    the more expensive the car, the less likely to see it riced out
    i love wrx's, i love my civic, i love hatches w/ swaps, i love all nice cars
    but i hate all rice cars
    i dunno...im just rambling
    but no need to flame war....if ur gonna flame get some timeslips or soemthing
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

well lets just say that the only time a turbo timer WILL knock anything off your times....is in 100k miles when the timer preserved your turbo.

i think shady thinks ebc=turbo timer.

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    funny thing is that a little mod like a boost controller will bring the wrx in the high 13's (13.7-13.8), id like to see a 15 dollar device do that to a N/A honda, and no, drop in air filter and muffler tips wont quite make it. well, maybe if its K&N and they give u some decals to put on your windshield, than maybe itll increase hp a bit more dramatically.

peter
    Sorry what i ment was boost controller, and in no way did i imply that a boost controller was 1000 dollars worth of mods.

When I was first linked to this site from 7thgencivc, I was very interested to see what you guys had to say. Honestly I am very dissappointed at what I have seen thus far. That being said I do not judge this site on purely one thread. Many of you have called members on 7thgen kids but from what I have read so far many of you guys are not too dissimilar from what you have called us. Yes there are "kids" on our site but I'm sure you guys have your fair share of "kids" too. We all don't claim our cars are fast. On the contrary most of us "complain" about the performance. I bought my Civic b/c I'm in college and I drive 100 miles a day from school, work and home. Almost 40 mpg will allow me to do so without breaking the bank. I plan to mod my Civic this summer, but not b/c I want to compete with WRX's but b/c I just want a better performing car from stock. I have all the respect in the world for a WRX, but some the owners are a different story. I actually plan on buying an STi in the next year before I get married (It'll be my big ticket purchase before I"m locked down for life...j/k) Anyways my dream car is a M3 as you might be able to tell from my SN, but that doesn't mean when I get one that I'll be ragging on the WRX or any other car for that matter. It would be unfair and silly of me to say the M3 is so much better than the WRX, as it is for you guys to be comparing WRX's to Civic's. It would be like Civic's comparing themselves to Geo Metro's. Many of you guys may know your stuff but that doesn't mean a lot you guys aren't "kids." Just my opinion of course.

Hey everybody..
    dont you guys read magazines or something
    considering to the factory, the subaru wrx came with 227 HP..BUT, they did a dyno test on it, and a baselin was pretty low, 162.6 HP..
    Take into consideration the power loss was through four wheels and an all-wheel-drive transmission, this must be close to reality..
    if you dont trust me read Import Tuner, march 2003.
    227 HP you have in your cars its not at the wheels, its at the cranky pulley..
    its like RSX type S, they say it has 200 HP, but on the dyno test it showed more like 168. something.
    you see what i'm trying to say..your cars are not that fast..
    WRX loss the power through all wheel drive...

SEARCH....SEARCH and READ..

and also..
    my 7th gen civic with dozen mods runs preaty fast..
    i never raiced wrx, but i really would like to..

Did I say all Hondas are rice and slow? No I don't think so. I know personally they are fast. My buddy has 99 Civic SI with I/H/E that would pull on me from a roll when I was stock. Also like I said my other friend has a Del Sol with a GSR motor that he will be turboing. I respect Hondas and I know there are fast ones out there. Generally speaking you should never underestimate any car. Although personally I think the 7th Gen Civic is a poor car to mod, the only decent thing you can do is swap in a RSX Type S motor, if that's even possible, I'm sure it is seeing how swappable Hondas are. Also if you have ever read posts on the 2k1civic forums before you would know that the majority of the people there aren't very knowledgable. My two Honda friends have also said this numerous times, this is not just my opinion being a supposed "cocky a$$hole wrx driver".

HONDAS CAN BE FAST, NO ONE IS DENYING THIS, THE PROOF IS RIGHT THERE ON THE STREET!

Originally posted by Shadymilkman
    Im surprised at some of the ignorance that you so called "adults" and "tuners" post. I will gladly race any wrx on this fourum with my supposed "slow" civic. Its a 95 too so its nice and OLD and slow right? I really expected more out of this fourum and im a little dissapointed. I saw one post that had some real thought put into it before it was submited. The hatch has an h22 type s swap in it, and if you know anything about jdm motors which im guessing few of you do, it has 220 stock hp and also comes with a limited slip. Packs quite the little punch in a 2000 pound hatchback. If any of you wrx owners wana kick my little kid butt in a race be my guest. Im also shocked how nearly all of you dismissed every civic owner as a rice boys or a kid. Not everyone cares to learn how to tune honda's or cars in general, nore has the money for it, and generaly speaking the riceboys that you speak of all are in highschool. Yes there are alot of kids out there who think led washers are cool, and guarteed there are asl some wrxs with rice on them also. Granted that wrx for civic there are most likley more faster wrx's, however that dosent mean that you own all civics. Still its funny how you call all civics rice. Why because almost all of the fast civics out there are sleepers, and those of you that have run into them and have gotten beaten are to ashamed to admit it. Go to the track or autocross some time and watch hatchies run 13 second 1/4s all day long with stock swaps in there cars, and 11's with those who have had time to tune them right. But you paid 24 grand for your wrx meanwhile they only paid 7 for there entire car with swap therefor your cars must be superiour.

Originally posted by mike0404
    Hey everybody..
    dont you guys read magazines or something
    considering to the factory, the subaru wrx came with 227 HP..BUT, they did a dyno test on it, and a baselin was pretty low, 162.6 HP..
    Take into consideration the power loss was through four wheels and an all-wheel-drive transmission, this must be close to reality..
    if you dont trust me read Import Tuner, march 2003.
    227 HP you have in your cars its not at the wheels, its at the cranky pulley..
    its like RSX type S, they say it has 200 HP, but on the dyno test it showed more like 168. something.
    you see what i'm trying to say..your cars are not that fast..
    WRX loss the power through all wheel drive...

SEARCH....SEARCH and READ..

Different dyno's give different #'s. They can be manipulated to show what somebody wants them to also. Dynos are used for comparision only between the same dyno. Since a rsx has more power than what a wrx does how come I haven't seen a stock one get any where near the 14's. There is also the thing called torque, that most honda people don't take inot consideration. Hondas have very narrow power bands because of the power curves, a car like a wrx or a v8 has a much wider power curve and makes power over a wide range which contributes to it being faster in most instances. I am not in anyway bashing a RSX, I love the cars, i'm just using the car you used in your comparision. Like others have said, yes you can make a honda fast, I had a 13 sec accord with a jdm h22a swap like the civic guy was blabing about earlier with a shot of gas. The car was fast but it was very difficult to get good times out of it and it blew up on me twice, just like everybody else that I know with a fast honda.

Oh and if you pass through LA let me know I'll race your civic.
    03 WRB sedan

Why have you not seen a stock WRX in the 14s? Because it does not have AWD like our car, it really doesn't have to do with torque. Torque is nice but ultimately horsepower what is more important, the only crappy things with Hondas is unless you have big Mickey Thompsons in the front and skinnys in the back you're gonna have a hell of a time hooking up.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.