Honda Civics' oppinions of our car - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Honda Civics' oppinions of our car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Neat car, but it's not really practical... I couldn't stand the digitla dash either....

Neat car, but it's not really practical... I couldn't stand the digitla dash either.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ud think i would try and defend my fellow civic owners.
    truely only reason i still go to the site to see the off topic subjects and if any new parts come out. but not all civic owners r ricers and stupid. ive been a member of this site as long as that one and i know the possibilities of my car(none) and ur cars.
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

No doubt that not all civic owners are ricers. My best friend who helps me install anything on my car owns a 2k2 red civic coupe and I like the car.

If people would like to notice I never really bashed on Honda at all. As a matter of fact I praised them for their good reliability......I don't think anyone bashed on Honda's. So if you would like to stop yelling about that, it would be ok.

I did bash on the srt-4 and I corrected myself for being so harsh. We are not bashing on civics, just the people on this one board who are talking about something the have nnnooooo idea about. That is what I thought was funny.

And yes I did say that they have no idea, that our car could kick their car's ass, but that is true. And to turbo a civic and spend 8-10k on the car, yes you can get it faster than a WRX.

But those guys who own injen and have a faster civic have spent more money on buying the car and modifying it than I did to just buy a stock WRX. Makes me feel good about that. I love my car, I never bashed the honda's, I wanted a prelude before the WRX even came out.

So we're not bashing civic's, we're not saying they are unworthy, we are saying these guys on that specific thread were dumb and don't know what they are talking about!!

Cook32
    2K2 Silver WRX

If they are not talking about a S2000 then they are only a 127 hp piece o %&*(.

WRX Owner

s2000's are nice cars, but not practical cars. the red line is set to about 9k, and power is horrible downlow. it does get 240hp, but come on, only the supercharger kit will give it any type of hp gains, and i hear its minimal too. all the other bolts on are quite useless because the s2000 is already pretty much draining all the power it can from the car. oh, btw, it does cost a few thousand dollars more than ours, so those kids are on crack if they were comparing the wrx and s2000

funny thing is that a little mod like a boost controller will bring the wrx in the high 13's (13.7-13.8), id like to see a 15 dollar device do that to a N/A honda, and no, drop in air filter and muffler tips wont quite make it. well, maybe if its K&N and they give u some decals to put on your windshield, than maybe itll increase hp a bit more dramatically.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Guys I don't think we're saying all Civics suck, but the 7th gen is the worst ever released, it's a complete joke. This kid I know has all this stuff done to his and he ran a 18.0 flat 1/4 mile on his 2001 EX hahahahah. My buddy owns a completely stock looking Del Sol with a B18C1 engine in it and he's going to turbo it. That car is cool.

there's a club that specific now? sheesh....what next? civics w/red paint and carbon fiber hood club? sheesh
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

First, why do you care what they think of the WRX? The first properly driven WRX they pull up to at a light will show them what's up.

Second, there is a big difference between saying a car sucks, and that you are "dissapointed" in a car. Think about it. The WRX has been built up into a mythical car that stock (or maybe with a $4 MBC), with a ****ty driver, can beat the mighty LS1 in the 1/4. Drive a stock WRX and step on the gas at 2500rpm and I can totally see why someone would be "dissapointed" (and yes, I have used the WRX several times as a daily driver, my mom owns a stock WRX). This car does not feel like it could kill V8 muscle. Ever bog your WRX off the launch? There is another great way to make it feel weak. Take a bad driver, put them in a WRX, and is it surprising that they would be dissapointed?

Anyway, go easy on them. You have the faster car, isn't that enough?
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

hey, im a 7thgencivic owner. i only have my scooby fro almost 3 weeks now. i still have my green civ btw. check it out my sc is Vtecnology. ne who, i was "disappointed" kinda when i read that the scooby only puts out around 160 horsies. but the AWD makes up for it. in my opinion i dont think they/we were dissin the WRX. when i told them that i have a scooby, i got all hands down on me.

Originally posted by djrez4
    Aj....buddy....S2000 was 240hp stock The thing he neglects to mention is the ever important torque curve. I drove an S2000. Amazing car, but you had to rev to 6000rpm to get any power out of the dang thing.
    Oops! I knew that......just testing you.

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    s2000's are nice cars, but not practical cars. the red line is set to about 9k, and power is horrible downlow. it does get 240hp, but come on, only the supercharger kit will give it any type of hp gains, and i hear its minimal too. all the other bolts on are quite useless because the s2000 is already pretty much draining all the power it can from the car. oh, btw, it does cost a few thousand dollars more than ours, so those kids are on crack if they were comparing the wrx and s2000

funny thing is that a little mod like a boost controller will bring the wrx in the high 13's (13.7-13.8), id like to see a 15 dollar device do that to a N/A honda, and no, drop in air filter and muffler tips wont quite make it. well, maybe if its K&N and they give u some decals to put on your windshield, than maybe itll increase hp a bit more dramatically.

peter
    Check out the newest issue of "Sport Compact Car" magazine...it has a run with a S2000 w/ a Vortex Supercharger I think. I was totally amazed and shocked to be honest with you. It didn't seem like it squeezed that much power out of it. It didn't drop a whole lot of time off the 1/4 mile runs, certainly not close to the magnitude that the WRX gets off a $40 MBC. That's where you guys have it good!!!

I think Honda kind of squeezed all they could out of their 2.0litre engine. There's not anymore room to go unless you turbo the MoFo...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

all this talk about engine swaps, turboing, type R parts, whatever, to me it just seems like an excuse for civic/integra owners who have a slow car at the time and know this, yet they say that to say that they WILL be fast, but really the engine conversion and turbo is a FAR DREAM for many. i dont know the $ issues in those, but i dont think most can afford em. one day there was a kid with a civic with motegis that look like the SDRs and tezzas, looking at my car when i walked out of albertsons one day. he said he was going to turbo it when he got the money... i just dont see half those conversions happening that people talk about, not a knock on them, just an observation, perhaps someone else can shed some light on what a conversion like that takes and how realistically they can be attained
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Some thoughts on Civics and their owners

- Civics are readily available, inexpensive, and very accessible to 1st car owners. As such, a large portion of Civic owners are teenagers, many with limited funds, who are easily influenced (TF&F), and are basically performance noobs that go by what they hear from their friends.

- The Civic is not a sportscar, nor was it intended to be one. It was designed to be a reliable and economical means of transportation and it is very good at what it does. This isn't to say you can't make a 12 second all-motor Civic. It takes $ and know-how to acheive that end, and many don't have the resources to do it. The 17 second car, with altezzas, and aluminum wing is far more attainable, hence more common, and just as cool to many of these kids.

i have a 17 sec car
    but im not ricer, i have a nice clean ride
    i couldnt afford to get a wrx or i woulda
    i just got a really nice car for the price
    its not fast but fun to drive
    in a couple yrs ill hopefully be able to afford a 12 sec car
    so this 17 sec car will do for now
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

Im surprised at some of the ignorance that you so called "adults" and "tuners" post. I will gladly race any wrx on this fourum with my supposed "slow" civic. Its a 95 too so its nice and OLD and slow right? I really expected more out of this fourum and im a little dissapointed. I saw one post that had some real thought put into it before it was submited. The hatch has an h22 type s swap in it, and if you know anything about jdm motors which im guessing few of you do, it has 220 stock hp and also comes with a limited slip. Packs quite the little punch in a 2000 pound hatchback. If any of you wrx owners wana kick my little kid butt in a race be my guest. Im also shocked how nearly all of you dismissed every civic owner as a rice boys or a kid. Not everyone cares to learn how to tune honda's or cars in general, nore has the money for it, and generaly speaking the riceboys that you speak of all are in highschool. Yes there are alot of kids out there who think led washers are cool, and guarteed there are asl some wrxs with rice on them also. Granted that wrx for civic there are most likley more faster wrx's, however that dosent mean that you own all civics. Still its funny how you call all civics rice. Why because almost all of the fast civics out there are sleepers, and those of you that have run into them and have gotten beaten are to ashamed to admit it. Go to the track or autocross some time and watch hatchies run 13 second 1/4s all day long with stock swaps in there cars, and 11's with those who have had time to tune them right. But you paid 24 grand for your wrx meanwhile they only paid 7 for there entire car with swap therefor your cars must be superiour.

Last edited by Shadymilkman; 02-25-2003 at 05:32 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.