03 WRX vs. 98 M3
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 03 WRX vs. 98 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm the first car in line in one of the two left hand turn lanes and an M3 pulls ...

03 WRX vs. 98 M3

So I'm the first car in line in one of the two left hand turn lanes and an M3 pulls next to me. I'm just sitting there with my windows down and chatting with my boss (we're on our way to lunch). So the guy in the M3 starts revving and looks really cool since he's basically staring at me and he has these really cool glasses on . Anyway, the light turns green and we both go easy through the corner except he accelerates a bit faster to show me that he's "da man" . So I shift into second right after we hit the straight and he's about 2 car lengths ahead of me. So leave it in second and take it up to about 4k rpms (because I figure I'm racing this car froma roll and my advantage is from a stop). So my intention is to get up next to him and then we both hit it. Well as soon as my front bumper is almost to the back edge of his door, he punches it (he had some form of exhaust) so I"m like, "what a d**k". Anyway, i floor it to the top of 2nd, into 3rd (my bumper is now even with his door midway through 3rd), at the top of 3rd i was pulling on him, and when I was midway through 4th, his bumper was about even with my gas filler door. That's when we shut it down.

edit: BTW- this was the first time I actually got a chance to "race" someone in my car since it only has 3500 miles on it. To tell you the truth I thought i was gonna get beat.

I didn't really smoke the guy, but I was definately pulling on him. We both stopped at the next light, and being the nice guy I am, complimented him on his nice car. he said he mis-shifted, which I didn't notice, but regardless, a mis-shift will make you lose ground but then you should be back to being even with the car your racing (or if you're faster, you should pull back some ground). I wanted to make a smart-ass remark like I was driving an RS (not that an RS isn't fast). Oh yeah, we went down another light, and this time raced from a stop (i have no experience launching my car against another driver). So he actually gets about 3 feet ahead of me as I "try" to "slip the clutch from about 4500 rpm" (as i've read in the forums..lol), once It catched, his bumper was about even with the front of my rear door, shifted into second, and started pulling. There was another light coming up, so as soon as I put it in 3rd, we hit the brakes. Then he says "i think that was pretty even" I didn't waste my time and just kept quiet. lol. Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Thanks!
    --Rob
    Last edited by SR-71Impreza; 02-21-2003 at 10:56 PM.
    '03 Midnight Black Pearl Sedan
    - 3" turboback to 2.5" muffler
    - "removed silencer" mod
    - Kartboy shifter & bushings
    - Goodrich S.S. brake lines
    - H&R springs
    - 18" anthracite Prodrive P1's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good job
    2003 WRX 5spd Sedan
    ~Stage 4+ 20g~

WRX
    I hate when ppl try to make excuses for their car not being as fast. Oh, I am tired. Oh I mis shifted. I'm dragging a 200lb man from my back bumper. (SICK TENNESSEE JOKE, SORRY)

Why can't they just say, damn man, nice car!?!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

yeah, I thought that was funny. I was gonna say something about how he was the only one in his car and I had my 200lb boss in the passenger seat. What was even funnier was after we went from a stop, I had half a car on him and then he says " I thought that was pretty even"....lol

--Rob
    '03 Midnight Black Pearl Sedan
    - 3" turboback to 2.5" muffler
    - "removed silencer" mod
    - Kartboy shifter & bushings
    - Goodrich S.S. brake lines
    - H&R springs
    - 18" anthracite Prodrive P1's

So..... He misshifts, and you only pull to your gas tank, then he beats you off the line in your AWD subaru. Sounds pretty even too me. A stock M3 should be really close in performance to a stock WRX if you both had exhausts sounds like a good clean run to me.

if he didnt suck at driving he would of pulled on you from a role

Originally posted by postmaster
    This is true from a roll the advantage of AWD is useless, and just makes the car heavier. I have raced WRX's from a stop, and from a roll, and the WRX keeps up much better from a stop.

Originally posted by postmaster
    When I had only exhaust mod's (uppipe and midpipe), I found that I would run exactly even with a 240hp M3 from a roll.
    2002 WRX WRB

Originally posted by Rich10
    When I had only exhaust mod's (uppipe and midpipe), I found that I would run exactly even with a 240hp M3 from a roll.
    That sounds about right, a couple of mod's on the WRX, and you should be able to hang with a stock E36 M3. Getting power from a turbo car is much easier then getting power from a NA car

Originally posted by mr_green
    That sounds about right, a couple of mod's on the WRX, and you should be able to hang with a stock E36 M3. Getting power from a turbo car is much easier then getting power from a NA car
    which you should, I have a 95 M3 and i pull about half a car on WRX's by 70 from a stop

and about the modding a turbo car that's why im getting a WRX because mods for BMW's are very expensive

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.