00 S2000 vs. 02 WRX - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 00 S2000 vs. 02 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm suppose to go up aganist another person w/ a S2000 soon. Different driver, maybe I'll get a challenge off ...

Yo

I'm suppose to go up aganist another person w/ a S2000 soon. Different driver, maybe I'll get a challenge off the line this time . My goal is to keep up on the hwy w/out the S2000 pulling away from me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have yet to lose to an S2000. Of course, I have a Boost controller.
    2002 WRX
    13.7@97

Originally posted by Chesta
    alphahelix,
    I swear I don't know what you are talking about. I have a wagon and have no problem keeping up with the s2000...straight or twisty road, does not matter.

Please see Here

And darsxman...the seats fold down and I have plenty of utilitarian function on the WReX...I would bet more than the RSX.
    See the november 2001 issue of sport compact car to see a direct comarisom between the RSX and the WRX wagon(guess who won )
    Well, maybe they stuck a J spec EJ20 in your car by accident!!!

I'm glad you have that kind of success, but I never did with my 4 dr until I got the boost controller. You might have a chance in a short street race, but anything past the 1/4 mile is all S2000, no doubt. A wagon is a good .3 to .5 seconds off the sedan right? I have raced WRX wagons and they are slower then the sedans, and maybe the S2K driver was lousy...

http://www.maitreg.com/cars/performa...p?ID1=26&ID2=3

on paper, the S2K outruns the WRX, so seriously, the S2K driver sucked and you were the better driver.

Talking reasons not to get an S2000

Ok, so I don't own a WRX (I have a civic right now), but I want one. And since there's talk of WRX vs S2000 and this link was passed on to me by a friend. I thought I'd give it to you all to see why you shouldn't waste your $$$ on an S2000 when you can get a WRX and not wreck it. Here ya go:

Video of the crash (about 3 megs):
    http://home.ezonline.net/~burtman/s2000crash.mpeg

Pics of the aftermath:
    http://home.ezonline.net/~burtman/s2000crash.jpg

Spin out (big file... 12 megs):
    http://www.dvinsight.com/videos/s2000spin-out.mpeg

Ouch! Maybe it's just the choppiness of the video but it didn't even look like the car was going that fast. No road racing for me!

chuglobal: Tell your brother to talk to comptech and get a supercharger on that thing. Any way good work.
    "Work All Day to Drive All Night"

02 WRB WRX Gone But Not Forgotten
    Injen CAI, Turboxs BOV and MBC, Whiteline Springs, 18" ADR rims, Clear Side Reflectors, Kartboy Short Shifter, KB bushings, KB shift knob, Reverse Indiglow Gauges, Carbon Fiber Boost Gauge and A/F, Push Start Ignition, Scooby Sport Down Pipe and Mid pipe, God Speed Uppipe, Turboxs custom unichip, Bosal Muffler

Originally posted by Suparu

Well, maybe they stuck a J spec EJ20 in your car by accident!!!

I'm glad you have that kind of success, but I never did with my 4 dr until I got the boost controller. You might have a chance in a short street race, but anything past the 1/4 mile is all S2000, no doubt. A wagon is a good .3 to .5 seconds off the sedan right? I have raced WRX wagons and they are slower then the sedans, and maybe the S2K driver was lousy...

http://www.maitreg.com/cars/performa...p?ID1=26&ID2=3

on paper, the S2K outruns the WRX, so seriously, the S2K driver sucked and you were the better driver.
    The difference between a WRX wagon and sedan over the quarter is nowhere near 0.5 seconds. Maybe you are thinking of the difference between an auto and a stick...?

Originally posted by Suparu

On what paper?? For the record; the S2000 has a slight HP advantage, a slight weight advantage (it's no featherweight either), but gives up a massive deficit in torque. Honda quotes a 0-60 time of 6.0 seconds, and we know what the WRX can do. Quarter mile times for both cars are comparable - around 14.0 sec.

Since most street races end at or below 100mph; all other things being equal (similar drivers, no missed shifts), the WRX will get the jump off the line and should then be able to hold the lead across the entire quarter - at which point the WRX driver will shut down if he's smart.

-Pace

Yo

Well see tomorrow on the hwy again on the way to the drag strip.

Pehaps the other guy was just a bad driver, but I was doing a lot to keep up to him. It was fun, nonetheless

We were not going 'all out', just to avoid the type of incident that beastcivic posted...that is ugly. I have done similar spins in a turbo RX-7('87), but were not near any cliffs at the time. It's what you get with rear wheel drive and power, if not handled properly.

The sedan does have an advantage over the wagon...it has the wide track and is a little lighter, but I think the difference is very small as to straight line quickness. And a whole lot depends on the driver
    '02 WRX Sport Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    Godspeed Uppipe
    K&N filter
    Synthetic Oil
    more to come

Update

Tom and I went at it again on the HWY yesterday afternoon on the way to the track. We lined up side by side at 55mph in 3rd and Tom called go ... however this time I was right beside him all the way to 110mph ... vs getting walked on like last time. We tried again in each of our top gears at 80mph in his 6th gear and my 5th. Tom called go again and I just started walking away ... he was funny mad. Amazing w/ a MBC can do at 16psi. The caravan we had going down yesterday look like one of those cheap "Zoom Zoom" Mazda commercials however we actually we going and passing people on the HWY in a line of cars which looked like a train ... cars would fan out to pass those idiots going 60mph in a 70mph zone? It's was fun ... I wish we had a video person w/ alot of recording time next time.

S2000's seldom break the 14 second mark when they are stock. most of the ones i see run mid to high 14's. you really have to know how to drive the car to run a sub 14 sec 1/4

Re: Here is my take.....

Originally posted by alphahelix
    However, I have had many runs with WS6 or a Cobra on the highway, and have not lost. Granted the win was not huge but none the less, the S2000 came out ahead.

Just curious at what speeds this was happening...I have run a couple of s2k's and walked them by a couple of car lengths to 140...plus the LS1's are much stronger than my cobra is above 120....Is your s2k stock?
    2001 SVT Cobra Vert
    Silver/Black Top/Polished Wheels
    281RWHP/286RWTQ Stock
    100MM Densecharger CAI
    Mobil 1

Yeah S2000 is really tricky to launch according to some owners. You really have to know how to drive to get the car in the high 13's (which it is capable of.)
    Are you sure you raced a WS6 and won on top end? those things are killers at the top end.

DUI
    Yeah...I'm kind of wondering how you beat a WS6 or LS1 variety. Those things can be monsters. But anything is possible I guess.

-jake

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.