00 S2000 vs. 02 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 00 S2000 vs. 02 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Suparu A stock WRX is no match for the S2000, and the painful memory is still fresh ...

God
    Originally posted by Suparu
    A stock WRX is no match for the S2000, and the painful memory is still fresh in my mind. The S2000 with a good launch will keep its lead all the way throu, not saying that th WRX isn't fast, but comparing to the S2000 is isn't fast enough. I raced one and it is consistantly 1 car length ahead.

On the freeway it's the same story. They have shorter gearing and accelerate like a rocket. Our 4ht and 5th gears are too long, and it is only suitable for cruising.

But, like the other gentleman said, with a boost controller it's a different story. I got my Apexi boost controller set on 16 psi and it makes a big difference.
    I agree 100%. I got my ass handed to me by an S2000 when I was bone stock. They are definately faster.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by dark_rex
    which type s? acura? honda?

either way... show me the numbers. i'll never hesistate to run a honda.

dR
    RSX-Type S. I don't even want to think about the possibilities of a Type S S2000

Type S has been listed at 6.1 seconds 0-60 and some listed its 1/4 mile time at 14.8 seconds. I know the WRx is faster in both catagories on paper, but in real life a slight hesitation in launching the car and the RSX will win.

I am not defending the RSX but I do think they deserve some credit. Obviously I didn't buy the RSX because I dislike the one- dimensional aspect of the RSX. All speed and no utility, not my kind of ideal car.

Originally posted by Suparu
    The Prelude does not stand a chance against the WRX. I raced my friend and I had two other passengersin the car, and not only did I got a good launch, I pulled away from him. Without the passengers, he was beaten worse. I know the Lude has 200HP but the car is heavy, the Lude even has a hard time against the Type S.
    I agree on both terms of them being stock AND running from a dead stop. Only way the lude would "hang" as most people would say, is for it to have intake and exhuast... WITH the help of a really good driver.

Yo

3 more days till rematch . It should be interesting.

Yo

Tom decided to bail out on my Friday so we did NOT race on Sat . No big deal. However I met a guy w/ a new S2000 and he stated he'll go w/ me during the next weekend in which the weather is good. I'll keep everyone posted.

i'm REALLY surprised a stock s2k could run a wrx through 75. stock or not, it seems like it should be close, with the wrx just winning. same with the 1/4 mile.

God, was the s2k you ran bone stock? i guess even with some minor mods on the honda it wouldn't help so much where they are 1.) N/A, and 2.) well tuned from the factory.

on paper? i dunno. paper is how we record reality, so if that's what the professionaly drivers at C&D and R&T did, i buy it. actually, all the info i read puts the s2k behind the rex, even if it is a small margin.

i've read a lot of people killing the boxter S. is that a pipe dream too? i know those cars were almost identical performance whise according to auto-weeks analysis. it was one of the best 1/2 hours of TV i ever watched on speedvision.

dR

Yo

A stock S2000 will still pull on a WRX at HWY speeds. During the launch the REX should always have the S2000 hands down ... stock vs. stock.

Yo....
    I got an s2000 on a nce curvy road and he could not get away.
    I was surprised that I did not get out-handled. I think awd was working for me in this case.
    he tried to get aways using speed and I was able to stay with him all the way to 120+. I am stock except for a k&n filter and I don't think the guys was sandbaggin' it because he pulled a crazy move to try to get away... see:

s2000 on the dragon's tail

The road is all 2nd and third gear and coming out of a corner is like coming out of the hole....if I was into second gear before exiting the corner, I had him all the way...if I got caught in 3rd, he was gone.

In any case it was a blast and the s2000 is a very nice looking auto.
    '02 WRX Sport Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    Godspeed Uppipe
    K&N filter
    Synthetic Oil
    more to come

Here is my take.....

Well, I own both, a WRX wagon and a 01 S2000. I cannot tell you how many times I have had similiar arguments
    The S2000 in NOT a drag race car. Really, nor is the WRX. Yes, All wheel drive is nice, but I think reving and side stepping the clutch has a impact on the drivetrain of any car.
    The S2000 is a street-race car. It has no power down low and requires the revs to stay high in order to drive the car fast (this is what I mean by street race car-power up top, high revving). The WRX is fast, I have run my two cars against each other many times, the WRX has NEVER won. Road course, highway punch roll-ons......Now a modified WRX, I feel should walk an S2000 (or beat the tar out of...for you S2000 haters) of the S2000. I cannot get a 13 second timeslip out of the S2000 b/c I am not going to drive the car like I stole it. However, I have had many runs with WS6 or a Cobra on the highway, and have not lost. Granted the win was not huge but none the less, the S2000 came out ahead. Now on a Drag strip, the two prevoius cars would kill me. The S2000, begins to breath up high, plain and simple. The WRX can be much faster than the s2000 with little effort, and the S2000 cannot generate any more HP numbers in N/A form (with little money...excluding SPOON or MUEGEN). Bottom line, yes, stock for stock, the WRX cannot hold up. 400.00 Later, the WRX will kill it. So for the money, the WRX is the better deal. But, a convertable in Texas is pretty fun.

highway punch roll-ons......Now a modified WRX, I feel should walk an S2000 (or beat the tar out of...for you S2000 haters) of the S2000.
    lol well said. i'm no hater.

great post. i hope you stick around alphahelix, we have all sorts of honda discussions, with only a few good honda thechies here.

welcome to the board.

dR

Thanks....I have been reading a lot of posts and happy to be part of another car community!

Alpha,
    The wagon is significantly slower than the sedan in both acceleration and handling. If you had a sedan you'd be signing differently andout the WRX.
    The s2000 is a very sweet car regardless. I always wanted one but I have a 4 month year old and the rest is history.....

Wagon ?!

Scoob,

Thanks for the info. Just as a reference. I have run the wagon with sedans and don't see the significant difference in power. 80lbs in not going to make or break a race in this scenario. No flames, but I knew someone would jump the wagon and bring up the sedan. Well, I am not here to change your mind, just tell you what I have seen. On another note, the S2000 KILLS the WAGON by quite a stretch....so maybe the Sedan won't lose as bad

Whoah...the RSX is awesome...I know...the WRX is fast...I know...but the RSX is very for utility also...in fact, I believe it might be more accessible...WRX has no fold down seats (at least I don't know of any that do)...RSX does (split folding)...RSX is a hatch, so has lots of room for cargo and "utility stuff." WRX has a trunk, sure, but probably not as utilitarian as a hatch. If u want speed and raw power, the WRX has it. But, if u want refinement and performance, the RSX supplies that. Both are great cars...and the WRX is a plus b/c it has AWD, but the RSX is a good dragster.

alphahelix,
    I swear I don't know what you are talking about. I have a wagon and have no problem keeping up with the s2000...straight or twisty road, does not matter.

Please see Here

And darsxman...the seats fold down and I have plenty of utilitarian function on the WReX...I would bet more than the RSX.
    See the november 2001 issue of sport compact car to see a direct comarisom between the RSX and the WRX wagon(guess who won )
    '02 WRX Sport Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    Godspeed Uppipe
    K&N filter
    Synthetic Oil
    more to come

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast