SRT-4 road test
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 road test within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Motorweek will air their test of the SRT-4 this Saturday. Now we can see if the numbers were true....

SRT-4 road test

Motorweek will air their test of the SRT-4 this Saturday. Now we can see if the numbers were true.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    wonder if it will be a pre-production model or not. You know, the one that had 223 hp to the wheels.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

good point. I hope it is production.

when is it on? i wanna see this
    2003 Subaru WRX (5SPD)
    You may have a turbo. You may even have 227 horses. But if you don't have the control of Subaru AWD, you can't touch this

it's on twice in the bay area this Saturday, you might want to check your local listings. The early show is on PBS and the late show I think is on SPEED.

it will be interesting to see if production trim could actually hit the 5.9 or 5.8 sec as SCC mag said. The PT Cruiser turbo w/ auto was about 7.5 sec 0-60. It will be tough to take off almost 2 sec

I was reading the Q&A section on the SRT-4 site with the engineers of the car. Someone asked if the SRT-4 was to be a takeoff of the Subaru WRX. They replied, whats a WRX. But even more funny was when someone asked if the hood scoop was functional. They replied "Yes" its cools the turbo down. I couldn't stop laughing after that one. It seems they had to cut the cruise control as well because "it couldn't fit under the hood" they had to take up room for the "horses". What I found interesting was that they also use a TD04-LR turbo from mitsu. Ours is a TD04 as well. Lastly I just saw one of these on the road today, going in the other direction It looks alright but its still a neon.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Originally posted by KanosWRX
    Someone asked if the SRT-4 was to be a takeoff of the Subaru WRX. They replied, whats a WRX
    Hey Kanos,

I was actually participating in that Q & A when it came on, coz I was curious about the car itself. After that reply, and several others about other vehicles, it became apparent that they only wanted to answer questions that they posted themselves. I sent several questions and never got a reply.

Originally posted by driverj
    it became apparent that they only wanted to answer questions that they posted themselves. I sent several questions and never got a reply.
    It's becoming apparent to me that the launch of this car is being carefully controlled/orchastrated... the Dodge marketing guys must be eating up some overtime on this one...

I'm still waiting for PRODUCTION model road tests...

Originally posted by driverj
    it will be interesting to see if production trim could actually hit the 5.9 or 5.8 sec as SCC mag said. The PT Cruiser turbo w/ auto was about 7.5 sec 0-60. It will be tough to take off almost 2 sec
    AutoWeek slogged the GT Cruiser w/auto to 60 in 7.2sec. So we're only talking 1.3sec difference to get to Chrysler's claim and 1.4 to get to SCC's claim. Doesn't sound unrealistic at all for a car that weighs 350lbs less, more open exhaust and has a 5MT.
    -BP
    RallyCross: "Eating dirt is a basic motor skill."

Ahhhhh Haaaaaa!
    The SRT sucked on motorweek. 0-60 in 6 secs. 1/4 in 14.9 wack!
    Watch all that wheel slip on take off just as I expected. They even went out and got special michelin pilots just for the track and went all the way to Georgia to test it since Maryland wasn't a good enough condition for the test. I knew this thing was a flop. By the way a fellow engineer at work was telling me that some mustang mag claims a 03 cobra can do 11.5's stock 1/4 miles! I'm calling Bull**** on this one. Anybody know about it?

I wouldnt say it sucked. Those are good numbers for the price. Maybe they had bad drivers?
    -Andrew

Those numbers are about what I expected for the neon. And I would think they have pretty good drivers too. I really wasn't expecting it to be better then a WRX, but it is a few thousand cheaper and from the numbers it looks like it has some top end. Plus I think the car looks way to skinny and tall from the video I saw, in the end I will take my WRX anyday.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

I missed it... doh
    im gona try to find a video of it online =\
    2003 Subaru WRX (5SPD)
    You may have a turbo. You may even have 227 horses. But if you don't have the control of Subaru AWD, you can't touch this

Well I wasnt about to trade in my WRX for anything. Unless someone plans on asking me to trade for a skyline or something like that.

I wonder if it is really better then the Protoget now, I mean seriously. Is it the best car under 20k with a 14.9?
    -Andrew

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast