SRT-4 road test - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 69

This is a discussion on SRT-4 road test within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I didnt think anyone was ragging on the srt-4... I found this dyno run on the forums as well - ...

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mequon, WI
    Posts
    138
    I didnt think anyone was ragging on the srt-4...
    I found this dyno run on the forums as well -
    Run #1 (the dyno graph he has) 215.6whp and 241.8wt
    Run #2 215.0whp and240.30wt
    Run #3 215.6whp and 230.0wt

    all I can say is
    Last edited by nebix; 02-26-2003 at 04:58 PM.
    2003 Subaru WRX (5SPD)
    You may have a turbo. You may even have 227 horses. But if you don't have the control of Subaru AWD, you can't touch this

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User wrmax2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Laplace, LA
    Posts
    236
    I think it was MOPAR, or some dedicated dodge publication I read that tested the srt-4.
    They dropped the tire pressure to 19 psi and ran it at the track, and ran a 13.9.
    After that they stated that the neon was very difficult to launch fast with wheel spin and torque steer.
    But you could launch the WRX fast all day long: Just rev to 5500 RPM and side-step the clutch. It's just that easy!
    Don't believe everything you read!
    Your signature sucks

  4. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    yonkers, ny
    Posts
    38
    all that have tested it have seen 99-102 traps.
    i think that says it all.
    2003 sonic yellow wrx

  5. #34
    Registered User drover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    254
    Originally posted by Alfredo
    lets drop the "its still a neon" bit.
    No, let's not. Fit and finish and interior quality mean something to some folks. It's a fair point to address.
    -BP
    RallyCross: "Eating dirt is a basic motor skill."

  6. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    yonkers, ny
    Posts
    38
    Originally posted by drover
    No, let's not. Fit and finish and interior quality mean something to some folks. It's a fair point to address.
    wow, i never thought i would see an "enthusiast" focus so heavily on fit and finish, especially from a subaru owner.
    Last edited by Alfredo; 02-26-2003 at 06:17 PM.
    2003 sonic yellow wrx

  7. #36
    Registered User drover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    254
    You know, I don't remember focusing heavily on anything. Nor did I make any comparisons. All I said is that it's a fair point to address. And being an "enthusiast" and caring about fit and finish are not mutually exclusive propositions.

    So why is it you're so anxious to sweep the issue under the rug anyway?
    -BP
    RallyCross: "Eating dirt is a basic motor skill."

  8. #37
    Registered User 0260B4U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    I rule
    Posts
    696
    so the SRT-4 is actull y hitting the streets? dealership told me not till at least march, and there are alos rumors flying abound about times and they gave them a juiced car to test etc etc. You can have a SVt cobra at the track and still run a 17 if you dont know what your doing.

  9. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mequon, WI
    Posts
    138
    they are sold in florida and slowly making their way up
    2003 Subaru WRX (5SPD)
    You may have a turbo. You may even have 227 horses. But if you don't have the control of Subaru AWD, you can't touch this

  10. #39
    Registered User drover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    254
    Originally posted by 0260B4U
    so the SRT-4 is actull y hitting the streets? dealership told me not till at least march, and there are alos rumors flying abound about times and they gave them a juiced car to test etc etc. You can have a SVt cobra at the track and still run a 17 if you dont know what your doing.
    SRT-4s have already been shipped to CA and FL dealerships; they will be phased in across the rest of the country from March through May. (The damn things are built right here in Illinois, why not release them right here? )

    As for a juiced car, that got started when Dodge gave SCC a pre-production model with no mufflers and then told them this exhaust may not make it into production. So SCC was flat-out told by Dodge that their car might be a bit a ringer. But then the mufflerless exhaust made it into production.

    Someone here posted dyno test figures that are consistently 215 wheel horsepower. If those are legit, that's only 7 less than what SCC pulled on the dyno. That difference and then some can easily be accounted for by numerous variables like weather conditions, variations in equipment and measuring methods, etc. At any rate, it looks like the "official" factory horsepower rating is quite understated.
    -BP
    RallyCross: "Eating dirt is a basic motor skill."

  11. #40
    Registered User driverj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    916
    Posts
    1,184
    Originally posted by drover
    SRT-4s have already been shipped to CA and FL dealerships; they will be phased in across the rest of the country from March through May. (The damn things are built right here in Illinois, why not release them right here? )
    I just saw a red one here in SF. Nothing wrong with it really.

  12. #41
    Registered User 0260B4U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    I rule
    Posts
    696
    the intercooler in front does look nice, if it was AWD I probably would have gotten it, though 215 whp is quite alot, how much does the WRX put to the ground?

  13. #42
    Registered User drover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    254
    Originally posted by 0260B4U
    the intercooler in front does look nice, if it was AWD I probably would have gotten it, though 215 whp is quite alot, how much does the WRX put to the ground?
    Dyno results are anywhere from 165 to 180WHP.
    -BP
    RallyCross: "Eating dirt is a basic motor skill."

  14. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    yonkers, ny
    Posts
    38
    Originally posted by drover
    You know, I don't remember focusing heavily on anything. Nor did I make any comparisons. All I said is that it's a fair point to address. And being an "enthusiast" and caring about fit and finish are not mutually exclusive propositions.

    So why is it you're so anxious to sweep the issue under the rug anyway?
    I am at a loss here. Just what is it that I am attempting to sweep under the rug? That the srt has poor fit and finish? Who gives a sh***. There are many who would say the same thing about the wrx. As per the subject of the thread, fit and finish does not apply. By even mentioning that when in fact the thread is performance oriented makes whoever said it look like a dash molester. The "its still a neon argument" is a played out crutch first used by rice boys in their vtecs after getting smoked by not only mine, but many other neons nationwide. Were the srt4 slower than the wrx, would you be calling it a pos cuz its not fast enough? As for your last statement, I agree to an extent.
    An enthusiast is one who appreciates automobiles for what the have to offer. The srt4 offers exceptional acceleration, braking and handling in an attractive package for an attractive price. If your only criticism is fit and finish, then it is my position that you should look into owning vehicles manufactured in Germany, as they offer exceptional fit and finish. I'm going to assume that you own a wrx. If not, you are at the very least fond of them, no?
    Given that, I would like to pose a question to you.
    Was it the fit and finish of the wrx that made it attractive enough to purchase it? If not, then what qualities attracted you enough to drop over 23,000 dollars on it?
    2003 sonic yellow wrx

  15. #44
    Registered User driverj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    916
    Posts
    1,184
    This thread is turning out to be the next Fast and the Furious movie. We now have base on the story.

  16. #45
    Registered User drover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    254
    Originally posted by Alfredo
    I am at a loss here. Just what is it that I am attempting to sweep under the rug? That the srt has poor fit and finish? Who gives a sh***. There are many who would say the same thing about the wrx. As per the subject of the thread, fit and finish does not apply. By even mentioning that when in fact the thread is performance oriented makes whoever said it look like a dash molester. The "its still a neon argument" is a played out crutch first used by rice boys in their vtecs after getting smoked by not only mine, but many other neons nationwide. Were the srt4 slower than the wrx, would you be calling it a pos cuz its not fast enough? As for your last statement, I agree to an extent.
    An enthusiast is one who appreciates automobiles for what the have to offer. The srt4 offers exceptional acceleration, braking and handling in an attractive package for an attractive price. If your only criticism is fit and finish, then it is my position that you should look into owning vehicles manufactured in Germany, as they offer exceptional fit and finish. I'm going to assume that you own a wrx. If not, you are at the very least fond of them, no?
    Given that, I would like to pose a question to you.
    Was it the fit and finish of the wrx that made it attractive enough to purchase it? If not, then what qualities attracted you enough to drop over 23,000 dollars on it?
    Well first you admonish me for pursuing a subject that is off-topic (i believe the exact phrase was "dash molestor"), then ask me a question that is even further off-topic. So was that supposed to be a rhetorical question? If not, send me a PM and I'd be glad to discuss this further somewhere besides this thread, though I'd thank you for leaving the personal jabs out of it.

    We now return you to your regularly programmed thread.
    -BP
    RallyCross: "Eating dirt is a basic motor skill."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •