SRT-4 road test - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 road test within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; MotorWeek's numbers tend to be on the slow side. Car and Driver was able to reproduce SCC's numbers, but theirs ...

MotorWeek's numbers tend to be on the slow side. Car and Driver was able to reproduce SCC's numbers, but theirs was also a "pre-production" model. Let's see how others do with it first and then start ripping on it.
    -BP
    RallyCross: "Eating dirt is a basic motor skill."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by drover
    MotorWeek's numbers tend to be on the slow side. Car and Driver was able to reproduce SCC's numbers, but theirs was also a "pre-production" model. Let's see how others do with it first and then start ripping on it.
    Not in the WRX's case. I have a Motorweek video for the WRX and they launched the heck out of it, got 0-60 in 5.6 and ran the quarter mile in 14.3 @ 95mph. That's better than Car and Driver in Oct '02. (In Oct '01 C&D ran faster times). If anyone wants the video, check kazaa.

With all the hype lately about the SRT4, I am guessing that Motorweek just sucked with this car.
    Evan
    '02 WRX
    '67 Mustang 5.0L

Originally posted by nebix
    I missed it... doh
    im gona try to find a video of it online =\
    It should be on SPEED on Thursday, in the morning and evening.

Edit: The review is actually very positive. http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2225a.shtml
    Last edited by Wade-0; 02-22-2003 at 05:24 PM.

ohh..upcoming thursday?
    I thought it was this thursday, the thursday that just passed.
    I read the review, seems like a nice car, and I am planning on test driving it...but I doubt I will go with it
    2003 Subaru WRX (5SPD)
    You may have a turbo. You may even have 227 horses. But if you don't have the control of Subaru AWD, you can't touch this

Originally posted by nebix
    ohh..upcoming thursday?
    I thought it was this thursday, the thursday that just passed.
    I read the review, seems like a nice car, and I am planning on test driving it...but I doubt I will go with it
    According to the Motorweek site the new episode doesn't air until Friday, so this Thursday should be the episode with the SRT4.

check your local PBS listings. It airs at 11:00 am today in San Francisco.

yeah the new cobra will run 11-12 second 1/4s with drag slicks

Originally posted by 0260B4U
    yeah the new cobra will run 11-12 second 1/4s with drag slicks
    actually this friend of a cousin of an ex of mine saw a new stock cobra run a 4 at a track once, or he heard about it, i forget which
    i think he thought he said it had stock tires with elmers glue in the treads

actually I read that on a online car forum, with a reported 390hp a 12 second car on drag radials is not unbelievable even 11's. Think what a stock WRX could do with some toyo drag radials.

i think he said it better than i did:

Originally posted by 03Cobra
    11.55 stock with a 200 MPH tail wind and a 9 second WRX AWD pulling it...

That guy is FULL of it. Does not know what he is talking about.

The rule-of-thumb number for a stock 03 Cobra is 13.0/1 @ 110. Thats the average. Some have produced 12.7's and some 13.5's... All driver, conditions, track, etc...

Actually chip and Cat-Back and the car is capable of a LOW 12 second run with good tires.

One thing to remember is that most of the numbers out there are on cars without many miles on them. You get a loosened up stock 03 Cobra, SLICKS, and a pefect (pro) driver with perfect conditions, and a LOT OF LUCK, you might be able to hit a high 11.

There are STOCK 02 Z06's hitting 11.7's with only DR's... I've seen that myself MANY times...

All in all, you prolly will NEVER see a stock 03 Cobra produce an 11 second run. HIGHLY doubtfull and improbable. I dont like to say never, but in this case you are prolly safe to say never.

Hell, I wish...

Well, don't plan on many people modding them too extremely! Seeing as half the crap on the engine is all one piece!
    U R A BUS get it???

SRT-4 that is...
    U R A BUS get it???

that's why mopar is making all the parts, easily making tthemselves more money for basically bolt on parts.

Hmmm. Quite a Monopoly the oxymoronal "Mopar Performance" has going on there. That's why I like my Suby. Millions of parts available from millions of places!!!
    U R A BUS get it???

hmmm, seems like you guys are ragging on the srt4.
    as for that motorweek test, did u guys fail to notice that it trapped at 99mph?? That means the wrx sees tailights once the srt gets traction. lets drop the "its still a neon" bit.
    i owned a 99acr with boltons that would embarass lots of "faster" cars. dodge knows performance and they most certainly know how to do turbo cars.
    check www.neons.org
    a few srt4's have alreay hit the track and dyno. looks like those per-production numbers were very accurate. how's a 14.1 at 99+ sound?? i guarantee u guys will see these things in the 13's by summer. and it'll be lots of em. btw, that 14.1@99 was run in florida.
    2003 sonic yellow wrx

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast