Wrx Vs Mazdaspeed Protege - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs Mazdaspeed Protege within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; lol...

lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool Where the REX's in Fontana

Just got back to the forums...been away a while. I was reading some threads on where everyone is and I was wondering if there's anyone out there reading these forums from the I.E...Fontana, to be specific or neighboring cities?!
    Shout back if you out there...where's the hang out's?!
    I'm the '02 (Sedona-red) WRX Wagon...SUBEEREX on the windshield.
    You can also find me at NASIOC or WRX-Hackers (among some).
    Shout out to Steve at SubySpecialties!

Wow, where'd all you Mazdaspeeders come from on these boards?? I thought I was the only one. LOL

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    Wow, where'd all you Mazdaspeeders come from on these boards?? I thought I was the only one. LOL
    Your Mazdaspeed quick? Is it a lot quicker than the '06 "stock" Mazda 3's? Just curious...used to be a Mazda fan (RX's to be specific)...what'r your horses like?

Quote Originally Posted by subeerex
    Your Mazdaspeed quick? Is it a lot quicker than the '06 "stock" Mazda 3's? Just curious...used to be a Mazda fan (RX's to be specific)...what'r your horses like?
    It's *reasonably* *quick*. I wouldn't really call it fast, by any stretch. I bought it to be an out of the box autocrosser and I'm happy as can be with it, in that regard.

I haven't driven a Mazda 3, but I have 10 more horses stock and probably slightly lower weight. I've got a CAI and a cat back exhaust including a high flow cat, so I'm making a little more HP than stock. I'm planning on a better SMIC in the summer.

If I had to guess, I'm a high 14 second car right now. Handling is the reason I bought it. It's almost untouchable in that regard...

Toying with the Idea of an RX8 or a Mustang GT in the spring though. Looking to get into RWD for a change of pace.

Cool

It's *reasonably* *quick*. I wouldn't really call it fast
    Hey you're looking good there...sounds like you know what you want. Good luck hunting!
    As we say in California..."Catch the next wave"!
    WAG-ON!

You might be now, someone resurected this thread from almost 3 years ago ( feb '03)....
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    You might be now, someone resurected this thread from almost 3 years ago ( feb '03)....
    Haha. Didn't even notice.

Well, since the thread was resurrected, why not add to it....
    I just sold my WRX and bought an MSP (mainly for financial reasons because i'm in college)
    but i am really impressed with this thing. On the autox course it more-or-less eats the subie's lunch. (in dry conditions). Of course it's not as fast in a straight line, but it i'm also impressed with the amount of usable torque and smooth powerband......so it really doesn't feel all that slow. Great handling little machine, if anyone is considering a fun car that's a little cheaper than a WRX, i highly recommend this one.
    02 silver WRX sedan----Sold
    03.5 Mazdaspeed Proteg--DS beast

Quote Originally Posted by chris1866
    Well, since the thread was resurrected, why not add to it....
    I just sold my WRX and bought an MSP (mainly for financial reasons because i'm in college)
    but i am really impressed with this thing. On the autox course it more-or-less eats the subie's lunch. (in dry conditions). Of course it's not as fast in a straight line, but it i'm also impressed with the amount of usable torque and smooth powerband......so it really doesn't feel all that slow. Great handling little machine, if anyone is considering a fun car that's a little cheaper than a WRX, i highly recommend this one.

What color did you get? Is it an '03 or '03.5? Any mods yet? Gotta be careful. A turbo back exhaust, CAI, Front Mount and boost controller at 9psi will get you close to 210-215whp, but you're risking your motor.

Are you on www.msprotege.com yet?

I got a silver 2003.5 with 25k on it. I really enjoy autoxing, and the money class for this car is DS, so i'm just going to leave it stock (also because i lack the funds to mod it). I registered for msprotege.com, but for some reason it didn't work out, so i'm going to try again. Not to be a ****, but that forum doesn't look like its all that great anyway. But i will be signing up in the near future.
    02 silver WRX sedan----Sold
    03.5 Mazdaspeed Proteg--DS beast

Quote Originally Posted by chris1866
    I got a silver 2003.5 with 25k on it. I really enjoy autoxing, and the money class for this car is DS, so i'm just going to leave it stock (also because i lack the funds to mod it). I registered for msprotege.com, but for some reason it didn't work out, so i'm going to try again. Not to be a ****, but that forum doesn't look like its all that great anyway. But i will be signing up in the near future.
    I haven't been to the forum in a while. It was always a little slow, but what do you expect when you only had a production run of 4200 cars! :-)

I went back to stock during the summer, for the same reason you mentioned, so I could compete in Showroom Stock autocrossing...

Crazy!
    There is more mazdaspeeders here than you can shake a stick at. (2003 Mica Black)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.