race with a porsche... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on race with a porsche... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 this thread is 6 years old 7-1/2, actually. What year is your 3.2? I had the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    this thread is 6 years old
    7-1/2, actually.

What year is your 3.2? I had the opportunity to drive a Eurospec '86 a while back, and loved the thing. It basically looked exactly like your avatar.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dw1
    Mine's an '87. Yeah, they didn't change much from '84 to '89, and even the "SC" models before that looked about the same.

The notable differences between an '86 & '87 was a reprogrammed engine control computer (a few more hp) and a different transmission. Up to '86 they used the 915 transmission, after that it was the more robust G50 transmission.

The Euro-spec cars (also called RoW for "rest of world", i.e. non-US) are the way to go if one can, as they don't have the cat & low-emission program of the US-spec cars, and it is a slightly higher compression engine, all of which results in a notable difference in hp.

However, many of us have changed the chip, gone to the euro pre-muffler, & etc. to get back most of the hp that US emissions regs took away.

Hey, owners of older 911's & wrx folks have a lot in common - both groups are "tuner oriented". It just the price of the mods that are different
    Cogito, ergo doleo
    -----------------
    10 cyl of boxer motors

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    this thread is 6 years old
    i feel stupid
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

o wow, '02....

~Ryan

if I had started saving in '02, I'd have a GT3 by now...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12