gti 337
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on gti 337 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; this guy comes up to me, and starts talking crap about my car and me. well, i followed him to ...

gti 337

this guy comes up to me, and starts talking crap about my car and me. well, i followed him to this nearby neighborhood where we stopped to talk. the guy started to say **** about my car again, and i told him, if u think that lowly of my car, why dont we race. hes like, what that piece of **** of a car. im like, yeah this. hes like, first im too tired, and second i wouldnt race such a slow car. i asked him what he runs and he said 13.4. i asked him to race me again to prove this but he didnt, but he did start talking crap about my car, just saying stuff like.... ohh that car is so ugly, and its crap, and its slow...! anyhow, i just left cuz the guy sounded like a total idiot. this is what he has.

vw gti 337 1.8t
    mods... well nothing too drastic, just a few bolt ons, prolly a bc. no aftermarket turbo. i didnt even see an exhaust, prolly had stock still.

what do u all think? bs-er. i cant see a gti doing mid 13's with simple bolt ons.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm pretty sure you'd have beaten him.

When are you installing a turboback? Then there would be no question

X

People like that sound like idiots. Im pretty sure he knows what you car is capable of and knows the outcome if he raced you. Your car is ugly? Gee what an insult. Its crap? Im pretty sure its more reliable than a VW. As for 13.4 with simple bolt ons..yeah right.
    04 SVT Lightning

ugh...pay no attention to that VW owner. Most of us aren't like that. With those mods, i doubt he could get 13.4 Unless hes a really good driver. It is possible however and people have done it. Next time you see please make him race you to shut him up.

....and it wasn't even a vr6 ?!?!?! I'm not sure, but wouldn't that be a better race ?
    ++++++++++++++++++++

Sedona Red Wagon, Nicely Tinted

Thule Bike RackS

gti 337..

sorry vortex, but even a great driver with out any mods would not touch a 13.4 in the 1/4....i mean not even with the off the line grip of my WRX would i be as so lucky to see 13.9 stock...hell with the mods i have now i am only right around there...this would be a race i would like to see though...i will give props though also i think it is a nice looking car stock...my local dealer only got one and tried to add 3000 to the sticker for fair market value..B.S.

In any event, its a damn nice car. Gotta love stock 18" BBS wheels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image_lg_8.jpg  
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

That car was a strong contender when I made my WRX purchase. I like them a lot!

X

Keep in mind this is no ordinary GTI, this is the USDM 25th anniversary 337 model.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Originally posted by redwag
    ....and it wasn't even a vr6 ?!?!?! I'm not sure, but wouldn't that be a better race ?
    No, the 1.8t is a much better platform to work with.

How do you know the car wasn't chipped? You know that a chip in a VW adds a bunch of hp and torque. I believe the 337 is a 6 speed, is it not? Trying to remember. Anywho, the guy sounded like an a$$. My guess is he didn't really think your car was a POS, more like he wanted to get under your skin. Sounds like it worked.

337 is just a riced out 1.8T. No performance increase.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

i know this guy from school last year in high school. he saw me ride in my car with my wrx, and he wanted to help me rice it out. put all kind of crap on my car. i told him no, and after that, he felt insulted. it was then after, he started to call my car names. i really dont care though, because he was the one that backed down, not me. oh, and on top of that, he didnt want to race me because he was tired, though he did not say anything about it being wet out. hehe, i really wanted to put him in check that night, but i guess he knew better.

anyhow, talking about vw's, i like them a lot. too bad for some cocky bastards. my friend has a gti vr6, and i used to race him when i was completely stock, and i used to beat him by 2 or so car lengths. dont forget im automatic. well, with just my few mods, i raced him a couple of days ago, and... it wasnt all too nice. off the line i got him by 2 or so, and kept on going to 60 when i was about 4 cars... i wonder if i had taken it even more and actually broke torque off the line... hmmm

i also raced a 1.8t gti a few days ago tooo. he had an exhaust and it looked really nice. it was stick too. well, we ran from a roll, and i got him by about 2 car lengths. on top of that, i was hitting 14psi with a great uppipe leak, that is fixed now.

stock for stock, 1.8t is faster 0-60 but the vr6 will catch up in the quarter. must be the v6 helping up high.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Originally posted by FUNKED1
    337 is just a riced out 1.8T. No performance increase.
    God I am getting sick of that term. What on that car would you consider "rice"? The lower stance? The nice 18 inch wheels? I didn't know enhancing the looks of a car means it is riced out. I guess the Harley Davidson f150 is riced out too? You know, that wheel package on the WRX must be rice too? Alright, I'll pass the word. From now one, ONLY buy the ordinary looking options on a car when you purchase it.

I love those 337 Gti's. I think caling them rice is a little out of line. I wish our build quality was up to par with Volkswagon or Audi, I love the feel of them when inside. I think once they bring the AWD version over a lot of people will be suprised.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

i wouldnt mind that riced out gti 1.8t. it has recaro seats, better breaks, springs, better rims, and just looks really clean. no leather though.

actually, it shouldnt be called riced out, we should call it bratwursted out!

just messing.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.