WRX vs Supra ?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Supra ? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know supras are fast but how do they compare to our cars? Turbo and n/a supras... short run and ...

WRX vs Supra ?

I know supras are fast but how do they compare to our cars? Turbo and n/a supras... short run and long run?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A stock Supra turbo runs 0-60 in 4.8 seconds. That's without mods and those cars are just as easy to mod as your cars if not easier with all the support the aftermarket gives them...
    So with a competent driver, not a chance when going stock vs stock.
    -Brian

stock turbo supras can run a low 13 sec 1/4 mile pass.
    stock NA supras can run a low 15 sec 1/4 mile pass.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

A friend of mine has a 94 Supra (pre OBD-II, easier to modify).

Hes got about 3-4k in mods. Running open wastegate, cam gears, full exhaust, intake and front mount IC. On drag radials he can run 11s ALL DAY LONG!! His best was 11.4 at 125mph!!!

Supras are by far thee most cost effective HP beasts on the planet! 1st Gen DSMs come a close 2nd.

Supras are absolute, total, and with out a doubt thee baddest drag beasts on the planet!

Upgrade to a single turbo and your pretty much guaranteed 10s.

Check out Bullish Racing...baddest Supras around!!
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

God
    It is unlikely you will be able to beat a Supra unless perhaps he is stock. BPU Supras run 12's easily on street tires. They can get even faster VERY easily. It is the KING of the imports in the US. No doubt about it. At least till the R35 GTR gets here.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

I have to dissagree with the supra being king.. Supras are awsome cars, till you try to get out of the 10s..... There are very few 9 second or faster supras.. They just weigh top much...

THE WRX has a good chance of beating an NA Supra.. And with a new tranny, turbo, intercooler, ECU, exhaust, fuel system.. You might be able to keep up...

But of course the supra will still be streetable where the WRX will have to have a dog box to hold all the power it can put down...

-Zach

God
    And how many 11 second WRX's do you know of? None at this point in the US. 10's will be even tougher. I think 12's and MAYBE high 11'2 is about all you can expect from street WRX's.

Not saying in know any WRXs in the 10s.. Just saying supras are not the king ****.. there are many other cars that kill them on the drag strip...

the WRX is not a good drag car.. It sucks at it..

-Zach

thats the thing....supras are easily streetable deep into the 10s. Many 10sec and 11sec supras are daily drivers!!

There are very few 9 second anythings out there......breaking into the 9s is a huge barrier!!

A stock WRX will beat an NA Supra if driven properly.

dug

9s are pretty common now a days.. (not on the street) but on the strip.. I know of plenty of RX-7s, RX-2s, R100s, RX-3s, & datsan that hit the 10s NA.. and know of more that are into the 8s & 9s via turbos...

Go to puerto rico.. They are a dime a dozen there...

Supras are awsome cars.. They are fast touring cars.. But i would not call the king of the strip.. Maybe king of the 10s street car.. but definatly not the strip..

-Zach

God
    I meant king on the street. There are many domestics running 8's at the strip but they can't even come close to that on the street. Bottom line? Unless you have a Supra TT do not mess with a Supra TT on the street. You'll in all likelihood lose. The other reason I say it is the king is that the 2JZ GTE motor and the Getrag 6 speed are a mrvel of engineering. They are an almost perfect display of incredible engineering. VERY few flaws.

Agreed.. The supra was engineered for ~500hp.. And was sold with alot less.. This is why they are so easy to upgrade..

BTW I know plety of RX-7s that take supras on the street all the time..

A 500RWHP RX-7 is equal to a 700RWHP supra. Supras are just to heavy & have very limited traction..

-Zach

On drag radials 11 second Supras pull 1.7s and better for 60 fts.... I wont see that for a while.....

A friend of mine has both and RX7 and a Supra. Guess which one hes selling?

The RX7.

Rebuilt motor and turbos. 80,000 on the odo and asking 14k for it. Its a 93.

The apex seals in an RX7 rotary can only take so much. His friend has an RX7 built up by Peter Farrell (RX7 god) and hes running 11s when hes running. The thing is always breaking down....

but as it stands the RX7 is on top....Ill give you that.
    Worlds fastest RX-7 = 7.37 @179
    Worlds fastest Supra = 8.10 @ 169

Wait till later this year.. There are a couple RX-7s that are looking to hit 6s...

The reason RX-7s are not reliable is because there are not enough competent people tuning them.. They can not handle as much of a degree of error.. The Ones you are quoting are all 13Bs.. That is 1.3 liters.. The ones that are looking at the 6s.. are on 20Bs.. or 2.0 Liters...

A 13B usually dies because it runs lean.. You can't blame the engine for that.. that has to do with tunning.. crispeed has a second gen RX-7 running 8s.. on his last engine he did i believe over 100 1/4 mile runs & about 70 dyno runs.. Pushing ~650RWHP+ on 1.3 liters.. That sounds pretty good to me..

But i will agree the supra is a very reliable horsepower machine!

-Zach

BTW the reason i bought my WRX is not because i want to drag it.. Personally i think drag racing is overrated..

-Zach

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast