WRX vs Supra ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on WRX vs Supra ? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; some have sooo much lag that the raise the redline to about 8.5k...... The stock twins are good for low ...

some have sooo much lag that the raise the redline to about 8.5k......

The stock twins are good for low 11s though...dont underestimate them...you only really NEED a single turbo conversion when you wanna break into the 10s.

Two of my friends both have the stock twins and one runs 11.4 the other 11.5....and they arent the fastest out there either....
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dug e

do they go to metro is one of them kenny i got lucky one night and beat him at v street then he got traction down at metro the next week

i didnt mean to come off wrong on the other post to you im just a little tried of people comeparing the 2 cars anyways i think ill be going up this weekend if your down for a rematch

Kenny has a white supra with an old single upgrade... but yeah when he gets traction its will run 10s. The two guys I was talking of drive another white supra and a silver supra. Brian and Tony respectively. Both run loww 11s, but tony took his off the street for a single conversion upgrade.... its gonna be BAD!! Definitely 10s!! This other guy in my area drives an RX-7.... it runs 10s too! Damn I wish my car was that fast!!!

Anyway, I can understand your frustration... but they are very similiar cars... I mean it seems that know one wants to be compared to the WRX!! Its not a bad thing... RSX guys dont like it, Type R guys dont like it.... Mustang owners dont like it. With last three we have fast cars around the same price.... thus brings the comparo..... the S4 and the WRX are compared because they are 4 door, AWD, turbo cars..... each have different reasons for the comparo...... but all are valid...

Anyway, I may be down to metro after the track, but I doubt it. In the morning I have to help a friend to some automotive installs. I am hoping for lloooowww 13s... Anyway, how has metro been recently? Last time I was down was a real drag, police, state boys, and FBI were all abound, it really sucked.

Anyway, I am sure I will see you around down there!

You need to come up to I-70 or Northern Parkway near Baltimore....got some good action!

Doug

we went last night it was horrible cops cops then state troopers i havent seen that many cops there since the bust it was ok there was a black wrx there with a boost controler and some other goodies he said he was running 17lbs i was shocked at how bad he did i had tracion control on so when i launched i bogged down he got about a car and half ahead because of that then i just ran him down when we stoped it i was about 2.5 car on him

do you know if there are any high hp wrx around here that go racing i would like to see what the s4 is like compared to them the single turbo upgrade is the best on the supra kennys is bad ass it so funny when we have raced i get half way down at the metro station then he grips and by the light were next to each other .
    ok i go now

I was just trolling the boards because I need to brush up on mod potential in the WRX so I know what kind of threat assesment to place on scoobies.

Why do you guys assume "Supra" only means the Mk4? Theres lots of other generations that are plenty quick and you should pay attention too. I've raced a 2.5RS with my 88T before and walked away. I recently kinda raced a WRX on the highway and found my stock Mk3 was pretty much the same speed, but we too have plenty of boost upgrades to make. Also, you guys ever heard of a the mk2 supra? Those babies take the Supra Turbos engine and weigh much less then the mk3 or mk4 so watch out.

Anyways, I wouldn't mess with the Mk4's, but just remember us other Supras exist too. I'm looking forward to more incounters with WRX's in the future when I too am running 12psi.

BTW, not all trannies from Getrag are that great, although I seem to be reading that yours is even worse.

-------------------------------------
    1988 Toyota Supra Turbo

supras are awesome cars let me first state. a kid i know has one that his brother left to him which he bought new, the speedo only has like 45k on it and the car has around 360 +/- hp and is pretty if not totally stock. i just want to propose a question to everyone. the boxer engine is awesome, and the hp per cylinder is pretty equal to a 911 carrera4. what would happen if subaru said screw the wrc regulations one year, and decided to put out a 6 or even 8 cylinder imprezza, u know just for kicks, now that would be awesome! o and yes, STILL with the turbo. would that be even possible?

Not possible in the WRC, but in dreamworld Subaru has a pretty kick-butt H6 they just developed and released in the Legacy.

NA it produces 212 hp and is 3.0 indisplacement. I am know engine engineer, but based off the displacement sizes of out EJ20 H4 (2.0l), the H6 may be based off of that... thats just conjecture on my part....

But anyway, assuming that the hp/l stays the same... which it could approxiamte if the engines are highly related, would be good for about 340hp!! And that based on the US specs of the engine..... if we take the hp/l from the STi J-spec engine, it could produce as much as 420hp from the factory!!!

The only other question I would have from there would be to twin turbocharge it or keep it single......hmmmmmm....

One other thing, an EJ20 H4 is only about 10-12 inches deep (from radiator to firewall!!). Add on 2 cylinders and it should only grow 5 or 6 inches in depth...making the new depth about 15-18 inches. The width and the height would not change any!

Soo... I forsee the only problem of dropping a turbo H6 in the engine bay of the impreza being the application of turbo (ie- how many, size, and the plumbing associated) and how the tranny bolts up. If the engine would grow 2 more cylinders you could shift it forward abit, but the rest of the depth would have to be made room for by the tranny... it would have to be moved back in the car or a more compact unit employed.

All in all its a pretty interesting idea... the thought already crossed my mind in regards to dropping the new H6 in a car. I mean it produces almost the same amount of HP in NA form as the turbo H4......and torque, too.

Doug
    Last edited by dug-e-fresh; 02-28-2002 at 05:50 AM.

Ok, I did a little paper racer research. Heres what I found:

H6 vs H4 (US WRX)

HP:
    H6=212
    H4=227

TQ:
    H6=210
    H4=217

Displacement:
    H6=3000cc (183ci)
    H4=1994cc (122ci)

Bore:
    H6=89.2mm (3.51in)
    H4=92.0mm (3.62in)

Stroke:
    H6=80.0mm (3.20in)
    H4=74.9mm (2.95in)

Compression:
    H6=10.7:1
    H4= 8.5:1

Valvetrain:
    H6=24v DOHC
    H4=16v DOHC

So it would look like the engines could be related... very interesting....

BTW- Subaru is unlike many car manufactures in that when they refer to DOHC, the engines are actually QUAD overhead cammed.

Most companies would use that in their advertising, like Cadillac and the Mustang Cobra. Both have touted about their "Quad Cam V8s".....

Quad cam engines make for an expensive design though....

Doug

that compression doesnt look too turbo friendly tho

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234