WRX 2, Suburban 0

This is a discussion on WRX 2, Suburban 0 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving home from wal mart in the middle of this east coast blizzard and all of the sudden ...

WRX 2, Suburban 0

I was driving home from wal mart in the middle of this east coast blizzard and all of the sudden this A-hole in a suburban decides to fly by me almost running the lady in front of me off the road. I slow down to make sure she was alright she seemed shaken up.

Then I decided to get the plates of the suburban that just flew by me. Popped the REX into first and send plumes of snow flying out of the 4 corners of my car. I caught up with the guy at the next traffic light and I decided to have a few "words" with him.

The guy has the nerve to say "yeah so what are you gonna do about it." The light changed I slowly release the clutch, brought it up to 3.5k quick shifted into 2nd then I half throttled it getting a little sideways and kicking up massive amounts of snow onto his hood and windsheild.

Suburban 0 WRX 1

Then I proceeded to report the a-hole for wreckless driving.

Suburban 0 WRX 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Seems like you were pretty reckless yourself

just kidding that guy seems like a real ass.

Anyway, reckless driving is more sever than careless driving and careless driving isn't usually a ticket without an accident.

Yeah only on the launches . I slowed down midway through second once I saw that there was a light ahead. This guy must have been doing 70 down a road with a few inches of snow.

The guy has the nerve to say "yeah so what are you gonna do about it." The light changed I slowly release the clutch, brought it up to 3.5k quick shifted into 2nd then I half throttled it getting a little sideways and kicking up massive amounts of snow onto his hood and windsheild
    Good for you! Ever notice when there is a snowstorm, the majority of the cars in ditches are 4x4 SUV's or trucks?
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

Originally posted by 03WRX
    Good for you! Ever notice when there is a snowstorm, the majority of the cars in ditches are 4x4 SUV's or trucks?
    So very true. Many SUV drivers are first time SUV owners, and are way too overconfident of their cars' abilities. The 4x4s definitely help with the go, but their weight and height make it harder to stop and turn in the snow.

Originally posted by bedabi
    The 4x4s definitely help with the go, but their weight and height make it harder to stop and turn in the snow.
    You write like a poet...

Originally posted by junaitari
    You write like a poet...
    haha cute

The problem I see with SUV's and most 4x4's is that they will get you moving and people dont realize how bad the roads really are until it is too late. Couple that with the fact that they are heavy and the momentum just kinda screws you.

It also helps if you have a clue about what not to do in snow but I agree, most people think "I have 4wd, I can go anywhere and I'm fine"...yup, you can go right into that snowbank. The question is...can you get out?

The problem I see with SUV's and most 4x4's is that they will get you moving and people dont realize how bad the roads really are until it is too late. Couple that with the fact that they are heavy and the momentum just kinda screws you.
    Exactly, they also seem to think that 4WD= great on ice. Doesn't matter what you have when hit an ice patch on the road.
    2012 Black WRX Premium

Originally posted by 03WRX
    Exactly, they also seem to think that 4WD= great on ice. Doesn't matter what you have when hit an ice patch on the road.
    ...unless your "wearing" these!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails snow tire.jpg  
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

unless your "wearing" these

What kind of vehicle is that for??A truck, SUV or a car?
    2012 Black WRX Premium

Those are Pirelli's so I'd hazard a guess they're for a Subaru WRC car. Prolly Monte Carlo. Scary looking huh?

j.p.

Originally posted by balkamp
    Those are Pirelli's so I'd hazard a guess they're for a Subaru WRC car. Prolly Monte Carlo. Scary looking huh?

j.p.
    bing bing, we have a winner! Yeah, there from the WRC car for snow/ice (obviously). I'd hate to have one of those roll over my foot (even if it wasn't on the car).
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Re: WRX 2, Suburban 0

Originally posted by Butterfingers
    Then I proceeded to report the a-hole for wreckless driving.
    hell, i always try to drive in such a way that i remain wreckless. after all, i don't want to get my car wrecked, or wreck someone else's car.

now, reckless driving is another thing entirely, and that i like to avoid.

i'm just bustin' balls at this point. don't take me seriously!

-ken

The guy has the nerve to say "yeah so what are you gonna do about it." The light changed I slowly release the clutch, brought it up to 3.5k quick shifted into 2nd then I half throttled it getting a little sideways and kicking up massive amounts of snow onto his hood and windsheild.
    hell, i always try to drive in such a way that i remain wreckless. after all, i don't want to get my car wrecked, or wreck someone else's car.
    HAHAHA is it me or is everyone being effin hilarious this morning on the boards! ROFL!! I seriously did laugh out loud, hahahahaha....omg thanks for the laughs guys, seriously
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper