mustang gt's
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on mustang gt's within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; should our car stock beat a mildly modded gt?...

mustang gt's

should our car stock beat a mildly modded gt?
    03 black sedan
    short throw
    waiting on cobb cat back from dealer

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Doc
    I raced a gt back when I was stock. From 0-60 it's a close race. if you drive right I think you might be able to keep a bumper ahead of him until 60. If it goes much past 60 he'll get you.

From a roll, forget about it. He'll beat you.

With my current setup (up-pipe, down-pipe, mid-pipe, and UTEC) I raced a stage 1 roush 'stang. For all intents and purposes it's pretty much just a stock GT. I beat him pretty good both from a 10 MPH roll and from a light.
    Doc

2003 WRX Sedan
    PE1818F Turbo
    TurboXS Version II TMIC
    UTEC
    TurboXS catless up-pipe
    ScoobySport catless down-pipe
    ScoobySport catless mid-pipe
    Borla cat-back exhaust
    PE 650cc injectors
    Walbro GSS342 fuel pump
    Perrin Fuel Rail
    FJO Wideband O2 datalogger
    Omori 52mm EGT
    Omori 52mm Oil temp
    Omori 52mm Oil Pressue
    Rev-lite t-sport sequential shift light

No bling, I can't afford any...

I believe they are pretty close, but I doubt they could take a wrx from a STOP.
    Last edited by Shard; 02-16-2003 at 10:24 PM.

Re: mustang gt's

Originally posted by john50
    Depends what you call mildly modded. Below 3rd gear both cars ar pretty equall. In the quarter a gt driven to perfection will beat a wrx driven perfectly, but not by much.
    Alex

i raced one last night. it definitely had exhaust/headers, maybe a cam based on the WOT sound of the car. SHE beat me both from a roll and after 60 mph when we raced from the line. does the rex have a flat 2nd gear above 5500 rpm?
    03 black sedan
    short throw
    waiting on cobb cat back from dealer

The rex has a flat everything after 5500 rpm, at least with the stock turbo
    Alex

it's a drivers race in the 1/4, maybe the GT by 0.1 sec advantage

it's all wrx in the 1/8th as i consistantly beat a bud's GT all the time by over half a second when we were both stock

throw money into each car and the WRX will win dollar for dollar
    2003 WRBlue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan
    For Go: APEX'i AVC-R, Godspeed Uppipe, Samco IC Hoses
    For Show: JUN Eyelids, Clear Side-Markers, Momo RaceAir Shift Knob
    For Handling: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Cusco Rear Sway Bar

Umm at a certain point the 2.0l runs out without extensive engine modifications that cost big bucks, where as the v8 still has room for more. The wrx is cheaper for light mods to say get into the 12's but to run 10's its cheaper in a mustang.
    Alex

yeah, thats true

while it is easier/cheaper to up the boost or swap a turbo for another one that bolts right up than to have a supercharger or turbocharger kit installed on an originally N/A engine... putting that FI on an N/A engine that can already compete with our turbos will put it in a whole other level, but is expensive

What is up with that ID picture with the white girl and the big ass! Damn are they doing ass transplant too! I have never even imagined a white girl could ever have an ass like that , it looks perfect! She's latino isn't she ? DAMN!!!!!
    I raced a GT a couple days ago. It was from a roll against some blond chick. That thing has fast but I still pulled on her from behind (no pun intended ) She looked pissed that every time she saw me in the mirror I was right there on her bumper. It was at least an 02 GT. It was hard to pull on her though, and I only did so at the end of each gear till he stopped at about 85mph. Damn what an ass! DAMN!!!!!

The pic in the avatar is a little decieving. She does have a big ass but what you cant see in the small pic is you are also seeing the bottom of her right ass cheek which makes it look like she has a gigantic ass. In the hi rez pic you can see the definition between the 2 cheeks.

And as for the mustang, why are you mad she stopped at 85? Thats just about where you want mustang drivers to stop You dont want them to find out what 4th gear in a wrx is like do you?
    Alex

Originally posted by JimDab
    it's a drivers race in the 1/4, maybe the GT by 0.1 sec advantage
    I don't know. Bone stock there are a boatload of GTs running
    14 flat. There are some WRX running that bone stock, but not the majority (from at least what I've seen). I think it takes more skill to get decent times out of the rex in the 1/4 mile.

Re: mustang gt's

Originally posted by john50
    What year? What mods? Are we talking gears and drag radials or what?

At higher speeds a GT does have more speed but in a 1/4 mile race its up to the drivers. Its real close.

I watched a bone stock GT race a bone stock WRX at the track. They were friends and lined up 3 times in a row. I got a big kick out of watching them. The WRX won all 3 races by a hair. It was a drivers race. The WRX got a big jump off the line (as expected) and the GT was reeling him in right at the finish line (as expected). Very very close race.

I was very proud of the guy in the stock WRX. He didn't let us down.

Originally posted by Rick Schu
    I don't know. Bone stock there are a boatload of GTs running
    14 flat. There are some WRX running that bone stock, but not the majority (from at least what I've seen). I think it takes more skill to get decent times out of the rex in the 1/4 mile.
    oh i was assuming gt's run like 14.3-14.5ish, which is what i usually see, i guess im just there with the sucky drivers

i also usually see stock wrx's doing the same thing, 14.3-14.6ish

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.