My blue WRX + another blue WRX + 1 cop

This is a discussion on My blue WRX + another blue WRX + 1 cop within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm driving home today from a WRX meet. I get off my exit and see another blue WRX! I was ...

My blue WRX + another blue WRX + 1 cop

I'm driving home today from a WRX meet. I get off my exit and see another blue WRX! I was like cool! So I decide to go the opposite way for a bit and go drive up with him a bit, then head home.

So, I catch up with him on the Berlin Turnpike... I speed up, and cut around on the left and speed up. I slow down, and he comes up on my side, and we wave to eachother, and then to go turn find a place to turn around, I speed up. I guess he must have tried to follow or something. Because I looked to my side a moment later, and ... Where the... I look in my rear view and a white unmarked Intrepid is flashing his light behind him. He pulls over, I burn out of there, and cut down the left left left onto back roads and traveled in quiet residential areas until I got home.

NOW... Why do I feel like this ****head cop tried to pull us over because "La la, this krispy kream donut is... PTTHHHHH!! *donut chunks and coffee spray all over* TWO WRXs?!? HOLY S***! They're both blue! Must be thinking about racing! That guy on the left has a big wing, and some racing SUBARU decal on his windshield. Judging from it's looks, he can outun me even if I had that cool car in Fast & The Furious! This one over here is driving slower, looks completely stock and has the American Flag on the back of his car. I'll bet he's a law abiding citizen! I'll pull him over and give him a ticket for racing!"

Pissed me off. Once again though, proof I have some anti-cop thing on my car. By all means, the cop should have come after me! Oh well! 22B Wing and WRC decals! This is the way to show cops you're fast.

I did notice the other WRX had a mod muffler at the least. Wasn't loud though at all. Beyond that I don't know. Some guy driving with his girlfriend.

So, who thinks the cop pulled him over for racing, and who thinks the cop pulled him over for something else (bad plates, possibly stolen, single tip plain and quiet muffler, etc)???

If cops are starting to pull over WRX driver for this kinda BS, then the WRXs going the same way as me can KMA! I see one, I'm getting the hell out of the area.

~ Dan (Zapix)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Actually he probably tried to pull you over for breaking traffic laws like it sounds like you both did. Not that I am a fan of traffic law in general (1 unsafe driving from an ahole undercover cop), but generally the more often you are driving crazy, the more often youll get pulled over for it.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Well, on the Berling Turnpike, the speed limit is 50, although most people drive at about 60 in the left. I was in mid 60s to catch up with him. He was doing the speed limit. Had a SUV infront of him, and a few other cars. That's why I can't figure it out!!!

Nobody did anything wrong except for me, whom for a brief moment, sped up in the left to catch up and eave to him. He waved back, I speed back up to 60, and that's when I notice he's being pulled over.

Edit note : It is possible the guy did something dangerous though like cut into the rear and try and speed up or something. Although, there was never anything I saw in my rear view. And for a moment, the other WRX did go out of my sights, and I couldn't figure out where it went! Then I see the cop lights, and him being pulled over.
    Last edited by Zapix; 02-15-2003 at 07:53 PM.

it might be different in conneticut,but in pa 99% of the time those turn arounds have "authorized vehicle only" signs posted on them,and when they don`t its usually known that thats what its for,and the only time civilians use them are when theres bumper to bumper traffic for 10 miles, so maybe he got him for that

Originally posted by SpeedKills
    it might be different in conneticut,but in pa 99% of the time those turn arounds have "authorized vehicle only" signs posted on them,and when they don`t its usually known that thats what its for,and the only time civilians use them are when theres bumper to bumper traffic for 10 miles, so maybe he got him for that
    Yo no hablo Ingles!

"authorized vech. only"?!? Huh?

but why would there be any summer traffic in mid-winter? i don't get it.

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    but why would there be any summer traffic in mid-winter? i don't get it.
    Because the cop liked the muppets and drinking coffee with his family naked in 45* weather?!?

It just seems to me, and if I was the cop, I'd go after the guy with the wing and decals! He's the racer of the two! The other guy just happens to have a stock WRX, and he has an American flag! He loves America! The other guy didn't! Go bust that racer!

I still can't figure out how my racer WRX is never bothered!
    Strangely, and I still can't figure it out, many cops often wave to me!

Do they think I'm Collin McRae?!?

~ Dan (Zapix)

Because the other car was stealthy and thus more suspicious.
    Your car could have been a decoy while the other could be filled with thousands of pounds of cocaine. And cops *like* cocaine.
    *snnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnifffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff*
    Last edited by cyrilgrey; 02-15-2003 at 11:09 PM.

WRX
    or he thought the other guy was trying to goat YOU into a race and that you wanted nothing to do with him. Or because the girl he was with was the cop's wife!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by WRX
    or he thought the other guy was trying to goat YOU into a race and that you wanted nothing to do with him. Or because the girl he was with was the cop's wife!
    Now that you mention it...

I thought about this... And I think it may be one reason cops often wave to me instead of pulling me over...

I sit directly upright. I sit in a very stiff position, and I wear my seatbelt.

This other guy now that I think about it was actually sitting in the ghetto crusier position with the one hand on the wheel and I think he was looking in the glove compartment to see the road. Oh yeah, and no seat belt!

So, now that I think about it... Which I do attract attention with the 22B and decals... Course, any cop who knows his head from a hole on the WRX, would see I'm driving a WRX styled like the WRC car! The other guy was stock, but all laid back and chillin to some rap music! LOL!

So now that I think about it... I just realized why they selected him over me!

Still, I don't know what he did wrong other than looking in the glove compartment!

~ Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Zapix
    This other guy now that I think about it was actually sitting in the ghetto crusier position with the one hand on the wheel ...
    wow I didnt even know driving positions had names?? LoL I wonder if I drive in a hispanic driving style or ghetto driving style, hmmm, gotta check the handbook
    New England F4

Turbo XS Bov FS/Trade (HKS sequential)

"CLEAR!" BSHHHT! it lives!
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

Quote Originally Posted by 240toSTi
    "CLEAR!" BSHHHT! it lives!

I GOT A PULSE HERE!