Drove the Srt-4
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Drove the Srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The car was pretty sweet but I am so glad I settled with the Wrx. The Srt-4 was the only ...

Drove the Srt-4

The car was pretty sweet but I am so glad I settled with the Wrx. The Srt-4 was the only other car I was choosing between. The car really didn't feel that much faster then I thought. My car felt faster to about 80mph but after that the Srt-4 does still pull pretty hard up and beyond 80mph. The dealer was in Miami at Maroone dodge and are allowing test drives. Can't wait to get one of those cars at a light and show them what a real car can do with limited slip.
    03 Blk WRX
    COBB Stg 2

60' 1.800
    1/4 13.4 @ 100mph (Before Cobb)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow... Can't believe they're out already. Right around the same time as the Evo. Amazing times!

P.S. I'm glad you went with the WRX too.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

WRX-4-LYFE
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Started a huge war on the srt sites. They don't think someone could just say the car was good. Man every second i'm just loving my rex more and more.
    03 Blk WRX
    COBB Stg 2

60' 1.800
    1/4 13.4 @ 100mph (Before Cobb)

Why settle for the rest when you can have the best? You have tasted the WRX and the SRT-4 and one is sweeter than the other. The Neon guys probably are bowing down to this SRT-4 as the end all to compact cars on the road.

so BIG FLIPPIN DEAL the srt-4 PILE OF MONKEY SHIYOT rated a little faster than the wrx wagon in the 1/4. BIG WHOOP. Bottom line...it's a DODGE. I've personally seen a Shadow do a 12.3, but it's STILL a Dodge....they have a name for those suckers.
    DODGE FECES
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Originally posted by wrxlude
    so BIG FLIPPIN DEAL the srt-4 PILE OF MONKEY SHIYOT rated a little faster than the wrx wagon in the 1/4. BIG WHOOP. Bottom line...it's a DODGE. I've personally seen a Shadow do a 12.3, but it's STILL a Dodge....they have a name for those suckers.
    DODGE FECES

Yeah it probably isnt as good. But you do have to admit, for that price it is the best bang for your buck. I'm sure the wrx is 3 times as good in my opinion but the price is the main good thing about this car. I dont like it either, but if i have a feeling a lot of riced out civics will be tradin em in for some SRt-4's.

If I couldn't afford a WRX, I would consider an SRT-4. I like the WRX much better, but the SRT-4 is a great value. I believe it's a much better value than our cars, but we can handle higher additional hp with relative ease. That's important to me.

The car was pretty sweet but I am so glad I settled with the Wrx. The Srt-4 was the only other car I was choosing between. The car really didn't feel that much faster then I thought. My car felt faster to about 80mph but after that the Srt-4 does still pull pretty hard up and beyond 80mph. The dealer was in Miami at Maroone dodge and are allowing test drives. Can't wait to get one of those cars at a light and show them what a real car can do with limited slip.
    Yah, I was just at South Beach last week and I saw like 3 SRT4's in one day. Those seem to be popular cars there.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

Originally posted by Powerwagon
    If I couldn't afford a WRX, I would consider an SRT-4. I like the WRX much better, but the SRT-4 is a great value. I believe it's a much better value than our cars, but we can handle higher additional hp with relative ease. That's important to me.
    what's the price difference? 4-5 grand? come on! we aren't comparing a civic to an s2000 here, folks. do you want to spend 25grand on a car that will last you WELL over 100,000 miles or do you want to spend 20grand on a car that MIGHT (you gotta pray on this every single day that you own the car now) see 100,000 miles. And sure, civic owners will be trading it in. The CEO of Dodge even admitted it. He wanted a part of the action of these gay ass ricers. He wants to grow American Rice.
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!

25% increase in price over the SRT4 is a considerable premium. It IS enough to separate the two cars into different classes in my book. You people get so defensive if anything positive is said about another car that is remotely comparable to a WRX.

Originally posted by Powerwagon
    25% increase in price over the SRT4 is a considerable premium. It IS enough to separate the two cars into different classes in my book. You people get so defensive if anything positive is said about another car that is remotely comparable to a WRX.
    I'm not getting defensive. You get what you pay for. it also depends upon WHO you are buying from. I'm just saying, if one wants durability and staying power, don't buy the dodge. I've owned a Stratus before (5 months), i've seen people disappointed with their Dodges. and the LOOKS....good lord. some people thought our headlights were ugly! look at that whole car. it LACKS. A neon is a chicks car, so the srt4 would make one a FAST CHICK. I'm patriotic, just not when it comes to cars. If anyone buys that car, please keep me posted in about 5yr/60k. we'll see then.....
    -Stomp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!

I sat in one at the Detroit auto show and was disappointed. The interior felt cheap and the engine bay looked like a pain to work on. I prefer the feel of the WRX but it is a good value for the performance. If I had to choose, though, between the SRT-4 or the MSP Protege for a dailer driver for the same cost, I would take the mazda and sacrifice the performance.
    2003 WRX WR Blue Wagon
    1999 Red Miata DRGN RDR

I too was waiting...

Alex0180,
    I saw your post at Neons.org. They did get all excited didn't they. I too was waiting for the SRT-4. Being a Turbo Dodge (80's) fan that I am, I was so sure I was going to buy this latest "GLH" turbo dodge. The delivery delays started getting old... and I was impatient.

Then about a month ago, I stopped by my local 5-star dealer who will *eventually* be able to sell/order the SRT-4 to talk with them about it. While I was there I checked out the '03 SXT Neon they had in the show room. I must say... I wasn't impressed with the interior quality and finish. Felt cheap... lots o'plastic. Granted the SRT-4 will have "viper-inspired" seats, a different steering wheel/shift knob and a guage facelift.... the rest of the interior will be the same as the SXT. That sorta saddened me...although I'm sure the power of the SRT-4 would have gotten me over that apsect. Then when talking to one of the saleman... where I knew far more about the car then he... I mentioned the MSRP. He immediately mentioned how Dodge would issue an addendum... allowing additional markups of around $2-3K by the dealer. B.S.! Dodge is tauting the SRT-4 as under $20k so they will do no such thing... but the dealers can and WILL up the price if they desire. Guess he was trying to make it seem like it was Dodge's decision not his (the dealerships)... what a crock! I was very iritated. I was not about to pay over MSRP for the car! Add to that... no cruise control for the first MY (model year). That was the straw that broke my camels back!

I bought a WRX!

RR
    '03 WRX Silver Sedan

I could care less about this arguement, because I am sick and tired of the "my car is better than this car but this car is this for that money" and all that crap, but I will say this, more than a few people have been picking new WRXs in the $22K range (out the door), which is not $4-5K more than the SRT-4, which will be at least $21.5K out the door.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast