Drove the Srt-4 - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Drove the Srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Racenut, you couldn't have said it any better, man. Dodge resale SUCKS big hairy mooseballs. I bought my 03 wagon ...

Racenut, you couldn't have said it any better, man. Dodge resale SUCKS big hairy mooseballs. I bought my 03 wagon for 23 flat (before taxes, etc) sticker on her was 25,800. so let's say for kicks that everyone in Subie land got my price. subtract that from the 20 grand an idiot would pay for that pile of monkey feces and bam you have 3 grand. drive that Neon off the lot and that's how much less that car is worth.
    btw, up here in NY you got hit kinda hard yesterday. the experiences I had in my wrx and how OUTSTANDING it performed....just....AMAZING! I literally owned the road last night. Let's see those piles of elephant terds do that...
    'nuff said
    -Stomp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thank you. I will. It is very easy to prove, just take a ride in each.

About the chassis stiffness...when I raise one side by the jack point to remove a front tire, the other side lifts off the ground as well. My WRX doesn't do that....

And Abbo: Just curious...you know nothing about turbo'ed Dodges do you? Does any of that history apply to the SRT4? Nobody knows yet. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.

I won't argue about the resale point. Trucks are the only Dodges to hold any of their value at all.

VV

Originally posted by imprezu
    ok... Keep telling yourself that...

Unless you guys can keep the personal attacks and immaturity out of it - this thread will be closed.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by VetteVert

About the chassis stiffness...when I raise one side by the jack point to remove a front tire, the other side lifts off the ground as well. My WRX doesn't do that....
    VV
    I think that has more to do with suspension travel than chassis stiffness. The WRX is very stiff, the stock suspension and sway bars just soften it up a lot.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

The C5 series has an unbelievably stiff chassis. One of its finer points IMO. If I recall correctly, its a honeycomb of aluminum and balsa wood for the floorpan(this is OLD info bouncing around in my noggin, so I could be light-years off). Takes some ridiculous amount of weight to flex it one degree, like 9500 hundred pounds on a corner. So ya figure a 1g decel, would not even begin to touch the stiffness. An nicely aligned setup works better, so it does not get all c0ck-eyed in dramatic movements.

Ahhh found an article to back me up...w00t

Balsa wood stuff

Neat stuff.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

I feel bad for the first non-street racing SRT4 owners. Won't be able to drive five minutes before some wanker will want to try and race.

I hope the SRT4 is as fast as the first tests make it appear. Should be interesting.

Glad GM is on the way to buying out Subaru, perhaps the Cavalier will end up with AWD.

-B

Originally posted by abbo7
    This must be sarcasim, lets hope so at least. By the time I stop to change my tire the Dodge will have already blown its engine.

it's not sarcasm. i'm using the general forum mentality for argument.
    just like:
    "ferraris suck! oh yeah, so it can go 220mph! let me see it do that in the snow! my wrx will beat it uphill when it has 4 flats!"

just like all these arguments, a general back and forth of nonsense and "points" by idiots.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

i have hot dogs and french fries! i bet i can throw them faster than you can open your door!

is this clubwrx or clubsi?
    Last edited by cyrilgrey; 02-18-2003 at 09:06 PM.

Originally posted by Beanboy

Glad GM is on the way to buying out Subaru, perhaps the Cavalier will end up with AWD.

-B
    Bean, you're joking or no?
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    it's not sarcasm. i'm using the general forum mentality for argument.
    just like:
    "ferraris suck! oh yeah, so it can go 220mph! let me see it do that in the snow! my wrx will beat it uphill when it has 4 flats!"

just like all these arguments, a general back and forth of nonsense and "points" by idiots.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

i have hot dogs and french fries! i bet i can throw them faster than you can open your door!

is this clubwrx or clubsi?
    Glad to see another member have some fun and not get all bent out of shape when people are joking around. But I think we all know the SRT-4 is the WRX's ***** (that was suppose to be bitc* for those who didnt know)
    Last edited by abbo7; 02-19-2003 at 12:22 PM.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

I have 2 words that come to mind when thinking about the SRT-4.

CRASH TEST

later,
    WR Blue Perl WRX

GM already owns a pretty decent percentage of FHI.......

VV

Originally posted by wrxlude
    Bean, you're joking or no?

Glad to see another member have some fun and not get all bent out of shape when people are joking around. But I think we all know the SRT-4 is the WRX's ***** (that was suppose to be bitc* for those who didnt know)

well that's why i bought a WRX instead

after looking at it/driving it (i mean beating the living jimmysnot out of it),
    I can only think of 3 areas where it'd beat the wrx. 2 of them is neon is lighter..

the neon is the wrx's beer ***** and **** puppet
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!

GM owns 20% of Fuji Heavy Industries. There's talk of a WRX-derived Saab, and the use of Soobie AWD across the GM car lineup.

http://www.conceptcar.co.uk/news/gm2001/alliances.shtml

Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (Subaru) Ė GM owns 20 percent.

Chevyís Baja Attitude and Rally Roots
    When Chevrolet designers wanted to build a sporty crossover vehicle with all-wheel-drive, they didnít have to reinvent the wheel. Instead, they looked to Subaru for proven performance in an AWD platform. The result is the Chevy Borrego built on Subaruís powerful all-wheel drive platform that has earned impeccable credentials on the world rally car circuit in places like Kenya, Monte Carlo, Argentina and New Zealand. Subaruís horizontally opposed, 4-cylinder engine with turbo charging give this concept the reliability and muscle to bear the Chevy bowtie with pride.

New Saab will be Subaru based
    http://www.channel4.com/apps26/4car/...0&storyid=2125
    This is an impression of what could be the new Saab 9-1, a small five-door hatchback to slot below the 9-3, could look like. If this car looks faintly familiar that's because it is: the car is heavily based on the current five-door Subaru Impreza estate, examples of which have been remodelled with Saab front-end styling and a redesigned tail for management assessment.

At least Dodge was acquired by Mercedes-benz, tehe.

That Saab/Subaru wagon looks ineresting. Back of a WRX, front of a Saab.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails saabsubaru.jpg  

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.