Drove the Srt-4 - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Drove the Srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by JimmyNY I-club is the immature version of ClubWRX. Dodge Viper's do not need completely redone engines to ...

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    I-club is the immature version of ClubWRX.

Dodge Viper's do not need completely redone engines to blow you out of the water.

Jimmy, first off, do ya think my posts are 'immature'?
    secondly, no, man, i'm talkin bout the dodge cars in NASCAR and the truck series, etc...
    -Stomp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hehe was checking out the SRT-4 website, and I LOVE this quote:

"a large, satin-silver knob for quick, positive gear changes"

Yep. says it all. If you don't have a satin-silver gear knob, well.....your gear changes will be very negative.
    2010 SSM STI

Just let them bask in their own arrogant ignorance.

There is no breaking through to a Subaru Loyalist Lackey

VV

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    I-club anyone?

There is nothing wrong with Dodge. Dodge has a MUCH better history in racing than Subaru.

Why do you make posts like this? People go on about their 1/4 mile times, and things like that... and then when a cheaper, faster car comes along... people like you get all defensive. Its just a car.

Originally posted by VetteVert
    Just let them bask in their own arrogant ignorance.

There is no breaking through to a Subaru Loyalist Lackey

VV
    And that's coming from a person that has an avatar of a vehicle powered by gerbils. GM=Gerbil Motors

PS My dad owned a 98 Vette and that thing was the biggest pile of crap. That thing felt like it was going to rattle apart. Typical for GM quality........
    2003 Mazdaspeed Protege Yellow-Goldie

1993 Impreza L Amethyst-Starr

*RIP*2003 WRX Sonic Yellow-Sunny

Originally posted by imprezu
    And that's coming from a person that has an avatar of a vehicle powered by gerbils. GM=Gerbil Motors

PS My dad owned a 98 Vette and that thing was the biggest pile of crap. That thing felt like it was going to rattle apart. Typical for GM quality........
    Thank you for exacerbating my point.

VV

P.S. Just for reference, my WRX has 10x the rattles of my Gerbil Motors.

oh yeah, everyone knows vettes suck! they just fall to pieces if you go over 80.
    slow as hell too!! it only has 8 gerbils

Originally posted by VetteVert
    Thank you for exacerbating my point.

VV

P.S. Just for reference, my WRX has 10x the rattles of my Gerbil Motors.
    ok... Keep telling yourself that...

Hmmm, C5 Vette vs. a WRX....hmmmm, tough choice.

imprezu- Yer gonna lose this argument, in a bad way. C5's are quite special cars. INCREDIBLY stiff chassis, ENORMOUSLY powerful engine, INSANE handling. Yeah, a real pile of poo. I'd never own one.

Not to mention they have one of the most pretty bodies in the car world on em(IMO), a real honkin mess of a car for sure.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Do the world a favor and end yourself. Thanks.

i see that many people fail to sense sarcasm....

Originally posted by KnightWRXRider
    Do the world a favor and end yourself. Thanks.

real mature response. I give my 2 cents and you tell me to end myself, yeah that's a real good comeback. I am entitled to my opinion about cars, just like you are. If I want to stand in the middle of a GM dealership and scream that the product is a POS I will. I simply go by the product recalls, the amount of complaints I hear from friends/family, and the ratings. Therefore I will never own a GM, I'd rather use my Nike. Least I know they will get me to where I want to be.

When you say something idiotic then you don't deserve anything better responded back to you. Saying that all GM products are inferior or rattle or that only rednecks drive them is ignorant. You sir an ignorant bigot. Just like Hondas don't have end all reliability and all American car companies aren't made with inferiority. Give it a rest man, you're just as bad as the V8 owners putting down all so called "rice burners". Be open minded, I got my friend who is a Ford fan and drives 93 Mustang Notchback with 400 NA Reliable and emission legal HP to buy a WRX. I've lost my Transmission and Turbo on my car he hasn't had any problems with his 10 year old car, what does that say? Join the real world little boy.

real mature response. I give my 2 cents and you tell me to end myself, yeah that's a real good comeback. I am entitled to my opinion about cars, just like you are. If I want to stand in the middle of a GM dealership and scream that the product is a POS I will. I simply go by the product recalls, the amount of complaints I hear from friends/family, and the ratings. Therefore I will never own a GM, I'd rather use my Nike. Least I know they will get me to where I want to be.

Originally posted by KnightWRXRider
    When you say something idiotic then you don't deserve anything better responded back to you. Saying that all GM products are inferior or rattle or that only rednecks drive them is ignorant. You sir an ignorant bigot. Just like Hondas don't have end all reliability and all American car companies aren't made with inferiority. Give it a rest man, you're just as bad as the V8 owners putting down all so called "rice burners". Be open minded, I got my friend who is a Ford fan and drives 93 Mustang Notchback with 400 NA Reliable and emission legal HP to buy a WRX. I've lost my Transmission and Turbo on my car he hasn't had any problems with his 10 year old car, what does that say? Join the real world little boy.
    All I've got to say is that I am not a little boy, I'm far from a little boy. Oh did I forget to mention that I too owned an American car, nothing but problems from it. I also owned Japanese cars that had nothing but problems from. My fiance's and my parents have owned Fords, nothin but problems. Now I'm not trying to link them to evey american car, but the ones that I have come into contact with either through myself or loved ones have been nothing but hunks. The Honda/Toyotas and now Subaru that I have owned have been perfect dream cars. So therefore in MY opinion (which I have every right to display) is that I would much rather pick something that I KNOW has a good reputation and will not leave me stranded rather than something that just might not turn out to have all the excitement than everyone is showing. Sure the SRT4 might be one of those few that are worth a damn, but I choose to not find that out the hard way.

Well... as soon as we have SRT-4's on the lot here on the West Coast.. I'll go drive one, just to see 'what I'm missing'

My Father works for the local Dodge Dealer.. I've been hearing all the sales bull for a while now. Today while I was down there buying a new truck, I was looking through the 'SRT-4 Sales Guide' This is the internal documentation that basically tells the salesmen how to SELL the SRT-4. Had pros and cons to it's 'competition' Everything from the Civic.. to the WRX. I don't remember everything very well, I was just browsing. But in the documentation, it calls the AWD suspension 'superior' to the SRT-4. But it comes at a cost of THOUSANDS MORE. HAHA Anyway.. what the sell for the SRT-4 over the WRX basically comes down to is PRICE and some torque from the 2.4 in the Neon. They play the price real big.. because as we know, the WRX retails for about $25K, if optioned... BUT.. that doesn't consider that Subaru leaves more dealing room for the dealer. So while there is a $5000 difference in MSRP.. there is maybe a $2500 difference in actual street price because at $19,995, you are not going to see dealers coming down on that price... and for the first while, you will be seeing dealer markup. And oh yeah,,, as soon as you drive a SRT-4 off the lot, the resale bug will kick your butt

Oh yeah... the SRT-4 comes with a Turbo Gauge.. but no mention of cruise control. Turbo Gauges are easier to install later

So... $2500 to maybe $3000 for AWD. And when you go to sell it a few years down the road, you'll get at least that much more for it.. so you shouldn't worry about it. Get the Subaru. I can guarantee it will cost you less in the long run

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    it still has a better spare tire than you do.
    i'd like to see you race it when you blow a tire and are in the middle of changing it.
    This must be sarcasim, lets hope so at least. By the time I stop to change my tire the Dodge will have already blown its engine.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.