Drove the Srt-4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Drove the Srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX I could care less about this arguement, because I am sick and tired of the "my ...

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    I could care less about this arguement, because I am sick and tired of the "my car is better than this car but this car is this for that money" and all that crap, but I will say this, more than a few people have been picking new WRXs in the $22K range (out the door), which is not $4-5K more than the SRT-4, which will be at least $21.5K out the door.

-joe
    I'm just saying DODGE SUCKS MOOSEBALLS, that's all
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It is a Dodge and I've seen WRX's in the paper for just under 22k since order taking on the STi started. Remember Dodge has a better warranty......because they need one to sell there cars..
    Last edited by Road Runner; 02-13-2003 at 05:19 PM.
    Ride on!
    Road Runner a.k.a. Mark

Originally posted by wrxlude
    I'm just saying DODGE SUCKS MOOSEBALLS, that's all
    couldn't have said it better myself.
    2003 Mazdaspeed Protege Yellow-Goldie

1993 Impreza L Amethyst-Starr

*RIP*2003 WRX Sonic Yellow-Sunny

I Support ClubWRX
    I paid $25,728 + tax for my car back in October. That was with a few extras. (rear-view, security system, spoiler, arm-rest, air filtration - umm..that was it) Boo.
    2010 SSM STI

it's just a car people, who cares which car you buy or how much you spend on one. it's not like we are the ones selling them and making money of these cars. i say the more cars to choose from the marrier because then the prices will drop and that my friend is good for everyone. any car can be made fast with MONEY to by MODS. i wish the market was flooded that way i could buy everyone of them. if you want to be special buy a mclearn, as for now the wrx suited my needs and yes a penny saved is a penny earned. what would the world be if everyone just drove a wrx?
    autobots transform

Originally posted by snailwrx
    what would the world be if everyone just drove a wrx?
    I'd hope the speed limits would be raised, and "gravel alternative" roads would be offered
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Some of you guys have your excuses all set to go when a SRT-4 beats you, tehe. Good job in planning ahead!

-B

Really, it's starting to sound like ClubRSX around here with all the pissing and moaning about interior quality and crap. Like the RSX/WRX debate, the SRT-4/WRX debate will be 99.9% BS.

These cars have nothing in common.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

Originally posted by koyokid
    Really, it's starting to sound like ClubRSX around here with all the pissing and moaning about interior quality and crap. Like the RSX/WRX debate, the SRT-4/WRX debate will be 99.9% BS.

These cars have nothing in common.
    I hear that (see sig.). I drove my buddies WRX and I had NO issues with the interior quality. I loved the seats, the cockpit setup, etc... The only thing I didn't love was the gearbox but that could easily be fixed with a short-shift kit.

You're buying a package I hope, not just a car for ONE feature. The WRX has tons of amazing qualities...so what if it doesn't have a sunroof! Roll down your windows dammit!

Oh well, that's not what we were talking about...Contintue bashing the SR-T. BTW, I have multiple friends w/ Neons and they break down so fast its ridiculous. But hey, it will whoop me good in the 1/4 mile, until I get Hondata-fied I guess.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

we will see... the srt-4 is simply a powerful engine in a light car.

Its too soon to tell anything about upgrade potental or whatnot. I do know that upgrading the turbo will be a *itch. The turbine housing is an integrated unit with the exhaust manifold. This means aftermarket turbos for this car will either be custom or more expensive. Unless somboy develops an exhaust manifold that takes standard turbos. The engine is also based on previous N/A neons with an upgrade to newer lower compression pistons. It is still a mystery to as how much power this block can handle.

To me AWD is worth the 4k diffrence to me. The ability for a stock WRX engine to handle 450 hp, and the ability for the WRX to accept bolt on Factory Turbos is a big plus in my book.

I think I would kill myself If I drove a car with that type of engine with an open diff. Hit boost around the turn front wheel goes to smoke severe understeer and uh oh...

Beleive me it ALMOST happened to me in my honda good thing it was slow
    Last edited by Butterfingers; 02-14-2003 at 08:08 AM.

Back on topic (if it ever had a chance to really start)...

We got someone who had a test drive in an SRT-4 (a car a lot of us are curious about).

So, to the guy that got the test drive, other than straight up accelration, can you give more descriptions like handling, braking, overall driving feel...What was the sticker price and did the dealer give insights on how well it was received so far?

Thanks.

Hg.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

SBW
    I think this car is great for a lot of up and comers who would like to get their hands on something that is quick. Im not comparing to the wrx because it's all a matter of opinion.

The car has good value to me, the only downfall is that I believe the manifold is cast with the turbo, which means that any upgrades would require a custom manifold. I believe mopar will be offering upgraded turbo's cast with the manifold though with power options ranging all the way up to mid 3's for hp.

I dont particularly care for dodge either but I can never say I drove one. I did drive a neon for a month as a loner car and can vouch that it was a complete p.o.s but it was a base model. I think these cars will be a respectable at any track nonetheless. I think if anyone is reading this and considering buying an srt-4 they shouldn't be deterred by other people's comment's because we are a little biased.

Originally posted by SBW
    because we are a little biased.
    What makes you think that...
    Ride on!
    Road Runner a.k.a. Mark

Originally posted by SBW
    I dont particularly care for dodge either but I can never say I drove one.
    In college, I had a 1989 Dodge Shadow - all 93 HP of driving fury. Thank God speed limits were 55 mph then, because the car would get very unstable anywhere north of 63 mph. Manual windows, no A/C. Engine was bullet-proof (made by Mitsubishi).

But it was all mine. Got me back and forth from Chicago, Ann Arbor, Buffalo, NYC, New Orleans, Toronto and Boston safely and reliably.

Still have a soft spot for little Dodges.
    Last edited by bedabi; 02-14-2003 at 11:30 AM.

The car drove ok, nothing like our cars. The handling I think can use alot of help in the SCC magazine they would have loved LSD, and springs. The brakes were good. I did want this car before I drove the WRX but after the test drive I was sold, not to mention the nasty price I got. The sticker on the SRT-4 was $19,995 and thats it. The interior felt cheap and the seats were alittle to much. Sorry If I started this whole debate but don't take my word for it just drive one when you can and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    03 Blk WRX
    COBB Stg 2

60' 1.800
    1/4 13.4 @ 100mph (Before Cobb)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast