02 WRX vs 01 Camaro SS

This is a discussion on 02 WRX vs 01 Camaro SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wanted to post this video run between my brother and I. My WRX is set to ~15 psi and ...

02 WRX vs 01 Camaro SS

Just wanted to post this video run between my brother and I. My WRX is set to ~15 psi and that's its only power mod. My brothers car is an 01 SS 6spd with its only power mod an SLP airbox.

I was dead off the line (very poor launch and bogged as you can hear in the video). We ran to ~85mph I think and the most he pulled on me was a little more than a car length.

In our other runs when we both launch perfectly, the cars run neck and neck to ~75mph then the SS begins to pull.

The SS is a great car! Gobs of torque. Very fun to power slide. More expensive too

http://siatl.tripod.com/video.html
    Last edited by Si2WRX; 01-07-2002 at 06:43 PM.
    Erik
    '02 Subaru WRX
    12.73@108.32
    287whp/277wtq

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Arrow hhmmmm........

is that a passenger filming? That right there hurts when you're racing. I noticed the other guy was alone, and you would have done a bit better if you were by yourself in the car....

just my observation....

Good job anyway!
    What the hell was that?

AWWWWWWW DAM I wanna see too....the link is broken
    My Black/midnight blue wrx has the folowing mods:
    Tsudo muffler.
    Injin cold air induction
    AEM bypass valve
    17" focal f-10's with nittos

Temporarily Unavailable

The Tripod site you are trying to reach has been temporarily suspended due to excessive bandwidth consumption.

The site will be available again in approximately 1 hours!

hehe oops
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

Talking

I think you could have done a lot better. You should try it again without a passenger. I also have raced a 2001 SS, but I beat him. It was a bit misty outside, and he blammed it on traction loss, which was probably true. The WRX and the 2001 SS are VERY close in the 0-60 sprint, so there should be no reason to not be able to make a good match, if not beat one.

For an AWESOME site for this sort of information, with 0-60 times for A LOT, I mean A LOT of cars, go to....

www.car-stats.com

You'll be surprised...
    What the hell was that?

The guy filming was my little brother...not much weight added right there But agreed, passengers only make the car slower. The thing that killed me in this one we captured was the launch. It was HORRIBLE.

One other time we were racing, I was driving the SS and my brother in the WRX... He took off hard and I couldn't catch him! I was pissed cause I lost, but in the SS.
    Erik
    '02 Subaru WRX
    12.73@108.32
    287whp/277wtq

for every 100 pounds added to a car.. add .1 tenth on to your 1/4 time

I'd say more than a tenth of a second. I had 3 other guys in my car, (200 lbs each), and I know that my 1/4 would have been killed a lot more than .6 Also, the clutch has a hell of a time engaging with more weight.... especially the stock clutch.
    What the hell was that?

Cool me and a SS

well i agree also about the passenger. and from a start with a good lunch it is possiable to give him a run, depending on how far he wants to run...my luck today one picks me to try and run on..well for starters i have a MBC, BOV and turbo back exhaust, from a start all the way up to all most 120mph i was in front, had a good lunch at about 4000rpm, i think he was a little surprised, but after about 100mph i could tell he was gaining...would never hace beat him past the 120 mark, damn....need up-pipe and bigger turbo....maybe one day

How do you account for your 240 hp with only your boost set to ~15 psi?
    2002 PSM Subaru Impreza WRX

general gains from increased boost from stock is about 1psi to ~10hp

it's pretty rough, but give or take....

dR

Originally posted by Koua Jones
    How do you account for your 240 hp with only your boost set to ~15 psi?
    if you can get the boost to stay at 12-14psi by 6000 rpm then you should have no problem making 240hp considering that's around max horsepower on the stock car and it runs about 8-10 psi at those revs...

if you can get the boost to stay at 12-14psi by 6000 rpm then you should have no problem making 240hp considering that's around max horsepower on the stock car and it runs about 8-10 psi at those revs
    doesn't the stock turbo start peeling off boost around 55K though?

dR