Se-r
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Se-r within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; okay im just going to make this one short and simple because thats what it was, was on I-20 today ...

Se-r

okay im just going to make this one short and simple because thats what it was,

was on I-20 today just got on it and was going about 60mph. im just talking to a friend in the seat so im in no hurry and stay behind the slow traffic...I see a new body nissan grill coming quick...I thought SE-R! than nah...then he wizzed by me and I saw the big red ricey R he must have seen me cause he started to brake and slow down...I then knew it was on...he just looked and abruptly gets in front of me to get off and get on the expressway..I was going that way to. so we get off...and we go at it..(remind you I have an auto) so we hit it and we are eaven for about 2seconds and then i start kicking his ass...HERE IS THE BEST PART...I was coming up on a car kinda quick so I had to brake a little get over 1 lane pass that car and get back over AND i WAS STILL WINNING! eaven after I braked! I looked over and he was shaking his head!

I thought they would be better than that...THEY SUCK!
    My Black/midnight blue wrx has the folowing mods:
    Tsudo muffler.
    Injin cold air induction
    AEM bypass valve
    17" focal f-10's with nittos

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My sister has a 2002 SE-R and it is a fast car. I raced a worked (intake and REALLY LOUD exhuast) last gen 2.5RS and he couldn't pull on me. He got half a car length from his launch and I stayed with him the rest of the way. A little work to the SE-R and my sis should be kicking some butt in that car.

The thing that really impresses me about the SE-R is the handling. It's like a four-door go-kart! It weighs 2800lbs and had a 2.5L continuously variable valve time engine.

Granted the SE-R is no competiton for the WRX, but it costs less that $18,000 with a SUNROOF, floor mats, and a 7 speaker stereo that makes my upgraded Subie stereo look like a joke.

-Jim

Cool SE-R

my brother has a new one also, not the spec-v model just and se-r. he let me drive it and i think its a nice car, from a start its slower than my WRX, but if you drop your guard and the se-r driver knows how to drive watch out, its by far not slow and this is of course based on yours being stock also.....

Se-r

BlownWRX :

I thought they would be better than that...THEY SUCK!

You may want to be careful about such a blanket statement like that. Did you know that the se-r has been around since '91 and although it is N/A engine swaps are becoming more and more frequent and can lead you to heart ache about your WRX. Look at the new Spec-V for what it is a good road course car not a 1/4 mile car.

If you would like to see the potential of a se-r please see and educate yourself at
    se-r.net, sr20deforums.com and other sites. also look at tunner sites for them.

If you want to see what a se-r can do let me know if you are ever in the Virginia area.

So please just don't bash another car b/c you think this or that be insiteful before you make a somewhat ignorant statement

Peace
    Daniel
    WRX02
    SE-R91
    the little engine that could

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh the last gen SR20DE powered SeRs rocked...even the new QR25DE isn't bad either. Like Blu stated, unlike what some people think, quarter miles don't mean everything, the SE-R is one sweet road course car at a very good price. Back to the SR20 gen, if Nissan brought some S15s over, I'd probably swing for one without a second thought...over here, I'd have to get a used 240 and get the whole swap thing done. Anyone know about that Signal Auto 750hp Silvia?....never doubt a SR20

PlatinumWRX
    Granted the SE-R is no competiton for the WRX, but it costs less that $18,000 with a SUNROOF, floor mats, and a 7 speaker stereo that makes my upgraded Subie stereo look like a joke

-Jim
    Over 13,500 miles and counting
    13.848@95.88mph 12/2/01

I wouldn't completely say that the SE-R is no competition for the WRX in the 1/4 b/c looking at your 1/4 times a guy in WVa with a 91 Se-R is getting the same ETs. He is running (don't quote me on this) intake, exhaust, springs, shocks, coils, cam, 100shot of Nitro

I just don't want guys/girls in their WRXs getting too cocky like the only thing that can beat it is a EVO or another WRX.

Look at how many neons beat up subies at the AutoXs.....
    guys just be aware of what is out there

The cost of a SR20DET JDM motor now adays is $1200-$2000 and the cars (91-94) only weigh in at 2450lb with a turbo engine and ecu... this is basically the same as a silva transplant...

Peace and keep on
    Daniel

blu_light

Welcome to ClubWRX

What is an Se-r?

Hey guys me from Australia, can someone enlighten me on what the heck is a Se-r? From Nissan....?

By the way I drive an S15 Silvia in Melbourne, Australia,
    just telling you guys coz someone mentioned it!

The handling in this car is sensational and I have beaten 2 x WRXs heehee. I running just a new dump pipe and hi-flow cat, standard cat-back, standard boost.

And we already stock the STI WRXs here I think from nov or dec,
    but I haven't raced one and if I see one I wouldn't race it coz I will definitely lose by too much!!

BTW I was going to buy a WRX before I bought S15, but S15 here was chosen as the Performance Car of the Year by MOTOR magazine in 2001 and it was cheaper than WRX....
    Since then, the S15 has increased in price, but the WRX has dropped in price so they are about same price. Highly competitive world it is! I still like AWD a lot, much safer in the wet, but in the end WRX looked funny with its buy eyes and its was slower, I guess I bought the looks and performance of S15 without regards to safety. Hope it doesn't kill me!!

Cheers.
    Last edited by Iruka; 01-14-2002 at 11:57 PM.
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

Darn you!! I would love to have a S15 parked next to my WRX.. but they are not offered here in US.. and I can't afford one either... lol I'm so jealous!

by the way, I guess Sentras are not offered in Australia. Here's a link that shows details about the SE-R spec V

oh yeah and nice signature

Welcome to the board!
    Last edited by TristineLim; 01-15-2002 at 12:20 AM.

Originally posted by blu_light
    100shot of Nitro

Bottles are for babys

if they were "cool" i would have one on my grand am an run a low 14 like the rest of the guys with GA's do...

Originally posted by black99gt

Bottles are for babys

if they were "cool" i would have one on my grand am an run a low 14 like the rest of the guys with GA's do...
    Bottles are for babies is a matter of debate. THen the V8 guys could tell us that turbos are for babies as well. Doesn't matter what you use as long as you are faster than the guy/girl next to you right?????

As far as "cool" if you are street racing or drag racing for competition and money you need all the advanages that you can afford right?????? So no bottles aren't for babies..... run what you brung and hope that it has enough.

Peace
    Daniel

is the sr20de the same motor thats in the 240sx?
    free food is the best food

I think 240SXs have KA24

Sentra and 200SX SE-Rs had SR20DE motor as far as I know

blu_light should know the answer since he seems like he's been into sentra community for a while right?

God
    I personally think the original SE-R was an incredible car. High revving SR20 motor and LSD with a nice super light chassis. All that for around $13,000 back then. God I wanted one and I still have a lot of respect for them. The new ones seem to be nice and a great value. Now the S15 Sylvia is in another category entirely with their 6 speed gearbox, sr20DET turbo motor and rear wheel drive. It is the ultimate drift car and one of my favorites from land of the rising sun.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

Originally posted by mario
    is the sr20de the same motor thats in the 240sx?
    I believe it is what type of 240 you get i believe the 240SX Se has the SR20de in it and the regular 240 has the KA in it. But if you have a 240 the best thing to do is swap out to a JDM SR20DET unless you plan on just turboing out the current engine.

check out http://www.mckinneymotorsports.com for some insight on what the sr20det can do as well as http://www.back-yard-productions.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.