Se-r - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Se-r within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; oh hmm i just assumed the 240sx had the sr20de because the silvia has the sr20det...

oh hmm

i just assumed the 240sx had the sr20de because the silvia has the sr20det
    free food is the best food

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

God
    Nope. In the US the 240 never got the SR20. Only the crappy KA24.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

God is right, only the KA24 here in the states. And by last gen, schischwein, I assume you mean the 95+ cars? They had nothing on the 1st gen cars. I owned a 97...it was a good, fun car....but it was 'soft' compared to the 1st gen cars. I still think the 1st gen cars are badass. And the SR20DET engine/tranny/electronics are so easy and reasonable to get

VV

doh...

To tell u guys the truth, the sound from an SR20DET engine is quite boring and sounds just like a normal SR20DE.....
    The sound of a wrx and a vtec car are much more engaging, u feel like u are going fast when u step on it..!

The WRX engine also pulls a bit harder when it comes on boost so it feels a bit faster sitting in car as passenger, and the SR20DET pulls not as hard but it goes from 1500rpm (turbo on around 2400rpm) all the way to 6500rpm, so in reality its a little bit faster due to more better usable range (minimum turbo lag) but its pretty boring if u ask me...

My next car would be a WRX STI or EVO VII, AWD is God!!
    Meanwhile I will just have to stick with 'hanging the tail out'
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

Re: doh...

Yup, after you've had your ass handed to you on an autox course by an ugly 1st gen SER, that's about all you could say..."My car sounds better than your car!"

Originally posted by Iruka
    To tell u guys the truth, the sound from an SR20DET engine is quite boring and sounds just like a normal SR20DE.....
    The sound of a wrx and a vtec car are much more engaging, u feel like u are going fast when u step on it..!

The WRX engine also pulls a bit harder when it comes on boost so it feels a bit faster sitting in car as passenger, and the SR20DET pulls not as hard but it goes from 1500rpm (turbo on around 2400rpm) all the way to 6500rpm, so in reality its a little bit faster due to more better usable range (minimum turbo lag) but its pretty boring if u ask me...

My next car would be a WRX STI or EVO VII, AWD is God!!
    Meanwhile I will just have to stick with 'hanging the tail out'

Retired SE-R

HMMMM.... I just retired my 92' SE-R for my WRX. The dealer was only gonna give me 300 bucks. Was gonna sell it but maybe it needs to be reworked and autocrossed. HMMMM....

Re: Retired SE-R

Originally posted by atccf
    HMMMM.... I just retired my 92' SE-R for my WRX. The dealer was only gonna give me 300 bucks. Was gonna sell it but maybe it needs to be reworked and autocrossed. HMMMM....
    What part of Va are u in? Are you interested in selling your se-r? Let me know.

Daniel
    the little engine that could

Let's not forget the old cast iron block CA18DET Silvia and 180SX. Those engines were very consistent and could take alot of boost.

92 se-r

blu_light,
    I'm in Winchester, work in Leesburg. I probably will sell the se-r. It's black, 160k, cd, 5 spd, ac, fairly new tires, current inspection. Let me know if you're still interested.
    Last edited by atccf; 01-28-2002 at 01:06 PM.

Re: 92 se-r

Originally posted by atccf
    blu_light,
    I'm in Winchester, work in Leesburg. I probably will sell the se-r. It's black, 160k, cd, 5 spd, ac, fairly new tires, current inspection. Let me know if you're still interested.
    Where are you at in Winchester? I live in Cross Junction about 10 minutes from winchester. Is your SE-R black? Because I work in Leesburg/Ashburn at Worldcom and saw a pretty good shaped black se-r in the parking lot.

Let me know price and when you are going to sell it.

Daniel
    the little engine that could

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12