WRX vs neighbors new BMW 330 Ci
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs neighbors new BMW 330 Ci within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well a guy in my neighborhood just bought a brand new BMW 330 ci (still has paper tags on it). ...

WRX vs neighbors new BMW 330 Ci

Well a guy in my neighborhood just bought a brand new BMW 330 ci (still has paper tags on it). I see his on occasion driving around like he's a movie star or something. He really thinks he hot stuff. He also drives it very aggressively.
    Well today I was leaving the neighborhood and I see him coming up fast behind me. I turn on to the access road and cruise about 40mph. (speed limit is 35mph - I will not race on this street). He pulls out and speeds up and blows by me going about 70+mph and then slows down in front of me and cruises. That made me really mad but there wasn't anything I could do about it. The speed limit is only 35mph and I will not race on this street.

So we continue down the road and then we get caught in traffic and come to a stop at a stop light. I am right behind him at the light. We both turn right onto the main road ( speed limit 50mph). I continue to shadow him because there is traffic all around us and we can't race. We both move up through traffic until its clear in front of us and then we get caught at the next light.

The race. I was so happy everything worked out. I was still pissed from the ricer flybye he did.

The light turns green and he nails it and I follow suit. I did a mild launch at about 3 - 4k slipping the clutch. No need to get carried away. So he got a slight jump on me but by the time I was at the top of 1st gear I was blasting by him. I shifted into second gear and continued to pull hard. I shifted to 3rd and continued to pull hard and then let off at about 80-90mph about 4-5 cars in front of him. I then backed off to about 50mph and he gets up even with me. . I look over at him and he would not even look at me. He was so pissed. I definately put him in his place.

It was a sweet victory.

Yes I know a Stage 4 WRX is much faster than a 330ci but thats not the point. The point is he thought he was hot stuff in his new BMW. Now he know his car isn't all that.
    The funny part of the story is he thinks my WRX is stock.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice, nothing better than putting Yuppies in their place.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

Love your kill stories, SGOSWRX! You get more action than the rest of us combined!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

my wrx wants to grow up and be like yours
    Last edited by snailwrx; 08-27-2003 at 09:26 PM.
    autobots transform

Originally posted by is2scooby
    Love your kill stories, SGOSWRX! You get more action than the rest of us combined!

I guess its my car. A blue WRX with an OEM under spoiler kit with 17'' Gold Prodrives. My car must be saying please try to race me. The roads are also flat and straight around here. Perfect for drag racing.
    Today on my way to work, I was just cruising along doing about 40mph or so and this guy in an older model Porsche gets next to me. Then all the sudden he floors it. I wasn't expecting it. By the time I down shifted and floored it he was about 3 cars in front of me. But I stuck with it and by the time I was in the middle of 3rd gear (80mph or so) I was blowing by him. As soon as I started pulling ahead he backed off. He then stayed a good distance behind me the rest of the way down the street until I turned off.

Every morning, I see this blackC4 vette with black wheels. He drives very fast and he wants to race me. We just don't seem to get a chance. His Vette is fast. We ran dead even one day in a short race from a roll. Off the line he will be all mine. . I also race this modded 5.0 all the time. He waves at me now. We have become friends. His car is pretty fast. I usually beat him by a few up to 100mph or so. There is also a guy with a yellow Cobra that has a roll bar and stickers all over the windows. I've been trying real hard to race him.

This list goes on. I'll keep you posted.

Great Story! On the beltway in Northern Virginia, the density rate of BMWs are 1 for every 4 drivers. Nice cars, but even stock the WRX disposes of the 330's.

Don't think so.
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

SGOSWRX,

I, too, love your kill stories. Can't wait till a stock EVO8 messes with you.

Just curious:

1) How many miles do you have on your car?
    2) Are you on the original clutch?
    3) Any SOA warranty problems?
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 03WRX
    [B]SGOSWRX,

I cant wait till I tear a evo8 a new one

Nice kill. If you ever talk to your yuppie neighbor, rub it in by telling him you're totally stock and running with only 3 cylinders.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Originally posted by 03WRX
    SGOSWRX,

Just curious:

1) How many miles do you have on your car?
    2) Are you on the original clutch?
    3) Any SOA warranty problems?
    I have 16k very hard miles on my car. I race it constantly. I have at least 150 time slips down the 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile track. I am still on the original stock clutch. Its getting a little soft and likes to heat up if I do a high rpms launch and slip it, but other than that its still working fine. It will surely need replacing sometime in the future. My tranny is still doing fine. Car runs great.

No warrenty issuses. I did have a strut replaced under warrenty a few months back. Other than that no problems.

My biggest concern right now is my breaks. My front breaks are almost gone. They don't work very well at higher speeds. I hope to get them replaced in the near future.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    I have 16k very hard miles on my car. I race it constantly. I have at least 150 time slips down the 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile track. I am still on the original stock clutch. Its getting a little soft and likes to heat up if I do a high rpms launch and slip it, but other than that its still working fine. It will surely need replacing sometime in the future. My tranny is still doing fine. Car runs great.

No warrenty issuses. I did have a strut replaced under warrenty a few months back. Other than that no problems.

My biggest concern right now is my breaks. My front breaks are almost gone. They don't work very well at higher speeds. I hope to get them replaced in the near future.

Talk about abuse!

dude I would fix your brakes before I would run the 1/4" again.

" If you pull your Emergency Brake to slow down..... You might be a redneck" -foxworthy

Originally posted by Iruka
    Don't think so.
    what are you doubting?
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Nice cars, but even stock the WRX disposes of the 330's.

330 4-door auto, most probably.

330ci coupe auto or manual, unless its off the line and WRX gets perfect launch and saves 0.4-0.5sec (so only possible at red lights or drags) - the 330 would dispose of a stock Rex from 2nd gear-3rd gear onwards quite easily.

I think the 3rd gear in a 330 is actually strong enough so that it will take a chipped/full exhaust/filter WRX to just keep up with it. These 330s are Geared to run at 120mph+ on the Autobahn all day, they are not geared for fast low gear acceleration (although its still quite fast). I know, because I've driven them both.

I suggest some of you stockies try to do a rolling run from 2nd/3rd/4th with a 330ci and I can assure you that you'll be SO SURPRISED how fast the underrated BMW is once it gets going.
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

SGOSWRX,

You need to get a job as a sales rep for TurboXS!

Keep the kill stories coming!
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.