WRX vs neighbors new BMW 330 Ci - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs neighbors new BMW 330 Ci within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Iruka I suggest some of you stockies try to do a rolling run from 2nd/3rd/4th with a ...

Originally posted by Iruka
    I suggest some of you stockies try to do a rolling run from 2nd/3rd/4th with a 330ci and I can assure you that you'll be SO SURPRISED how fast the underrated BMW is once it gets going.
    I could be wrong, but I don't recall anybody badmouthing the BMW from a roll (or in general for that matter).

I don't think you intend it this way, but your comments come across as if your PO'd at us or something. (heehee, been awhile since I said "PO'd".)

SGOSWRX is far from stock, so it's not even remotely surprising that he beat the guy...

BTW, nice kill SGOSWRX.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry WRXed,
    my post had little to do with SGOSWRX's play with the 330ci.
    Everyone has no doubt that he will be able to kill him easily, even in the wrong gear.

If you see my 1st reply, and a sentence that I quoted, you'll know what I'm referring to.

Nice cars, but even stock the WRX disposes of the 330's.
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

Originally posted by Iruka
    Sorry WRXed,
    my post had little to do with SGOSWRX's play with the 330ci.
    Everyone has no doubt that he will be able to kill him easily, even in the wrong gear.

If you see my 1st reply, and a sentence that I quoted, you'll know what I'm referring to.
    That's cool. I just wanted to make sure we were all happy people...
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Are 330's much faster than 328s? When I was stock I beat a 328ci from a roll.

I Support ClubWRX
    Let me say my buddy has a brand new BMW 330ci. This is back in ol England. Most people who buy BMW's buy an auto. It's just fact. Sure the fanatics will buy a manual, but then these are the kinds of people who would buy an MT M3. Anyway, my buddy has an auto, and it's quick. Very quick. But, a stock WRX will beat it. It's NOT the fastest at changing gears in an auto. The engine spools into VERY high revs before auto-switching to the next gear. Not particularly efficient at foot-to-the-floor acceleration therefore. And...add a few corners into it and RWD BMW's lose out massively. Said friend nearly killed himself last week going round a corner in the snow. He then found out the 'beauty of RWD'

Sure, up high the 330ci might win, but from 0-100, the WRX has a stock auto 330ci beat.
    2010 SSM STI

330CI - Not!

Iruka - While I won't argue until I race another 330CI on top end, I will tell you that I pulled a 330CI from 80 to 115MPH slowly pulling away before he pulled off, obviously disappointed and disheartened. He was giving it all he had and my basically stock (pre up-pipe) WRX just pulled away. I have also ran dead even with a 300ZXTT for 40 to 100MPH and pulled two Mustang GT's on topend (to 120 MPH) from around 80 MPH.

I'd be more than happy to run any of these guys from a dead stop where driving skill plays a larger part.

Keeping it real!

Cool then, let me know if u run into another one!
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

So I got my first real race tonight. I have a stock 2004 MT WRX, 1600 miles. Two lanes over is a 330ci, I saw him take off from the previous light, so I new he was up for it.

First run: The light turned green, and I dropped the clutch at about 4000 rpms, and instantly got out in front of him, we raced to about 80 before we had to shut down do to a curve when I had about 3-4 cars on him.

Second run: After the curve we both turned right onto the freeway he got right on my a**. I took him from 25sh - 120, but this time it was much closer, I probably only had a 2 cars maybe a little more on him, when we had to shut down since we caught up with traffic.

It was fun after it was over he pulled up and gave me the thumbs up, cool guy!

Ike
    Welcome to the site, and nice kill, next time you can make your very own post for your story No need to recycle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.