My WRX vs. Integra (what is it with Integra drivers?)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My WRX vs. Integra (what is it with Integra drivers?) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't know what it is, but it seems like the only guys who want to race are Integra VTEC ...

My WRX vs. Integra (what is it with Integra drivers?)

I don't know what it is, but it seems like the only guys who want to race are Integra VTEC drivers....With no mods either (for them)....I get ignored by Mustangs and Camaros. I was at a light and an Integra came up behind me. As the light turned green, he really got up on my back so I moved in the other lane. He didn't pass me, so at next light I was wondering if he wanted some....Light turned green and he floored it....I had started normal, so he was a car length ahead, then I hit it and left him like he was standing still.....shut down at around 70mph as I was in a 45mph area....He never even tried to catch up....For some reason, unmodded Integra VTEC drivers think they are the it....will youth never learn?

My mods are:

Perrin Uppipe
    Unichip (tuned at Currys Auto)
    K&N
    STI short shift
    Intake resonator removed
    Gauge Pack
    Perrin rear sway bar

The unichip is tuned to hit max torque as soon as possible. That plus the uppipe, means a really nice quick boost when you get above 2500 RPM. On a Mustang Dyno, I was getting 204hp at the wheel.

I have ROTA Tarmacs with Kumho's coming next week....I hate the stock wheels, and I've lived with them for two years....No more! ha...

p.s. Perrin puts out some quality products....really happy with the quality.
    Last edited by WRX44; 01-28-2003 at 10:48 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not all Integra drivers...

I know when to not mess with a car (which is almost always - Integras are not fast, just kinda quick).

Unfortunately, some HoMoCo drivers think having VTEC means something like having a turbo.

You guys have nothing but respect from this HoMoCo driver. I'm getting a Rex sooner or later.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Great posts, both of them!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

i used to have a 92 integra gs-r

that thing would kill any WRX any day, unless the WRX was turbocharged or had AWD
    2003 WRBlue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan
    For Go: APEX'i AVC-R, Godspeed Uppipe, Samco IC Hoses
    For Show: JUN Eyelids, Clear Side-Markers, Momo RaceAir Shift Knob
    For Handling: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Cusco Rear Sway Bar

btw: the cars that always seem to want to race me are always mustang GT's and Cobras (late 80's through 2002s). both of which are good races. i've still never lost to a GT, even in stock form, though it was always within a few carlengths. with the cobras though i either win or always seem to be right on their asses the whole way with them just inching away slowly, though i havent raced one since i've got my turboback in, which helps a lot

i'm always driving by a bud's house with a 96 cobra for a rematch of him beating me. i knew him in high school but havent talked to him in a while except when we bump into eachother, so i wouldnt go up to his door and ask him to race. i just gotta keep hoping to bump into him again
    2003 WRBlue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan
    For Go: APEX'i AVC-R, Godspeed Uppipe, Samco IC Hoses
    For Show: JUN Eyelids, Clear Side-Markers, Momo RaceAir Shift Knob
    For Handling: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Cusco Rear Sway Bar

please dont lump us teg' owners in one catagory...i too own a vtec (check sig) and it is fast not as fast as the rex but it can hold its own. owned now for 5 yrs and love it. one of the best cars i EVER owned !!!!!
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

This is a strange thread. I mean, you implied that no one wants to race you but Integra's. So, the question is, do you like to race? If not, then you shouldn't...but if you do, then you should be happy that someone challenges you.

Also, not all Integra owners actually think they are going to beat you..I bet you race plenty of cars that are faster than yours just for fun or to gauge your car's power. Should they clown you?

Its a ****ing oxymoron I think...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Let me clarify....I have total respect for Integras, they are great cars....I was just saying, for some reason, the only people who seem to want to race lately are Integra drivers....Thats all....Its all good.

WRXLobo = WRX44
    Last edited by WRXlobo; 01-29-2003 at 03:39 PM.

Usually it's the exact opposite out here. The only people that wanna run are camaros and mustangs. There are plenty of imports, but if you rev at the from a light they'll pretend to fidgit with the stereo or act like they dont notice. Ahhh...the intimidation factor
    <--GRAVEYARD SHIFT-->

Integra=too much pride until they meet our suby

I bet you couldn't beat this sick integra....

http://www.geocities.com/leunghomepage/

some integras r nothing...but i know acouple around my area that are beasts....im pretty sure they'd take a rex(depending on mods)
    1 if FI and 1 is NA ..so its possible..just watch urself
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

WRX
    Originally posted by JimDab
    i used to have a 92 integra gs-r

that thing would kill any WRX any day, unless the WRX was turbocharged or had AWD
    I don't know weather to laugh or cry at your post.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

I bet you couldn't beat this sick integra....
    What? I didnt see any special Integras on that site. Don't tell me you mean this one:

http://www.geocities.com/leunghomepage/galleryGSR.html

Wow 215hp and 146 lb/ft I'm shaking in my boots!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Stock v. stock, the Integra Type-R runs about the same as the WRX in 1/4 mile. 0-60, forget it. I wouldn't even mess with any WRX in my Integra at this altitude.

A couple of months after I bought my WRX, some old G1 Integra (not a GS-R) passed me and moved in front of me as I approached a red light in my WRX. I normally coast to a stop for red lights - no point in wasting gas and brakes. After the light turned green and I got to cruising speed, I passed him, then moved back into the left lane (I needed to turn left in a few lights). At the next red light, the guy cuts in front of me into my lane. So this time I move over and floor it at the green and was already a car length in front as I shifted to 2nd. After that he stayed very far behind in my rear view (must have learned not to mess with). This Integra wasn't even VTEC, probably only 135-140 hp! Why did he even bother?
    Last edited by WTypeRogerX; 05-05-2003 at 08:28 AM.
    2005 World Rally Blue WRX Sportwagon
    Biatch totalled my 2002 WRB WRX Sportwagon
    I miss my bugeye.
    Image is nothing, performance is everything. All your rice be ownz by us.
    If you're not going to spend your money on women or alcohol, you might as well spend it on cars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.