my wrx vs stealth rt
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on my wrx vs stealth rt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; this guy has a 94 dodge stealth rt Automatic with a lot of miles on it, he wants to race ...

my wrx vs stealth rt

this guy has a 94 dodge stealth rt Automatic with a lot of miles on it, he wants to race me... i have a wrx automatic with a few mods here and there. my sig tells more about my mods. anyhow, what is ur thoughts?
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't know much about the stealth, but there isn't any turbo version automatic for gto vr4. so let's assume this stealth guy is a non-turbo version stealth, you should walk him easily. 220 hp ( plus some mods ) @ 3800 lb should not be that fast.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

I raced 5sp. Walked away easily from him.

The non turbo stealths are not 3800lbs!! They are more like 3300lbs. You say his is an automatic, that means he has a high 15 sec car at best, you should beat him.

My former 3000GT was the SL version (222hp, automatic) ran a best of 16.0@87mph......not very impressive. I loved the looks, but was pissed with the performance, so I upgraded to the VR4 which has the best of both world's
    -1995 3000GT VR4-
    K&N, Greddy BOV, HKS EVC IV .90 bar
    HKS S-AFR, Supra fuel pump
    RC 550cc injectors--to be installed
    DR500 Turbos
    Borla cat-back
    Stillen DP
    no cats

Originally posted by shofear
    The non turbo stealths are not 3800lbs!! They are more like 3300lbs. You say his is an automatic, that means he has a high 15 sec car at best, you should beat him.

My former 3000GT was the SL version (222hp, automatic) ran a best of 16.0@87mph......not very impressive. I loved the looks, but was pissed with the performance, so I upgraded to the VR4 which has the best of both world's
    hehehe
    what do I know??? ( going back to my little bubble !!!)
    SL
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

The automatics really put a damper on NA performance. 5spd NAs can run low 14s after the appropriate mods but most are stuck at the 14.8-15.0 area. And yes, they're quite a bit lighter than the TT cars although I don't know exactly where all the savings comes from - driveline I guess.

My car as-raced, with me in it, is 4035 lbs. Doesn't bother me one bit
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

ya...you should smoke him.

The weight savings difference comes from going from awd to 2wd.
    I have an eclipse. It is slow. Please don't hate me for driving such a car, I really want a WRX. Please buy me a WRX, Ill be your friend.

eh, the guy didnt show up. he was looking forward to racing me, because the ground was wet and he thought he had a good chance cuz he was awd. little did he know, that my wrx was awd too but the guy never showed up. i guess he chickened out!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

uuuhh, if he says he's AWD then he has a VR4.....are you positive its an automatic?? if it IS a VR4....should be a good race, if it ever happens....
    93 Firestorm Red Stealth RT TT
    KN intake
    MBC @ 15 psi
    RVM Front and rear strut bars
    yellow silicon hose kit
    no cats
    lotsa horses

my parents have a 3000gt sl, its slow. he says he has an awd stealth rt in automatic. my brother has seen it, i havent. if it is awd, and turbo, i wonder why he chickened out! anyhow, g2g!

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

There is no such thing as an automatic AWD 3k/Stealth. Never made one.

If he's automatic, he's at best 222hp and like 15.90s. Hardly a challenge for any sports car. I know for a fact it would even lose to my Grand Marquis (10.1 in the 1/8 is better than many "sporty" cars).

The R/T badge on a Stealth means it's the mid-level model. It's the two sets of exhaust and the Twin Turbo emblems on the doors that tell you there's more under the hood. One pair of exhaust tips = non-turbo.
    John M
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

i dunno about the word "never".....but they are pretty much on the impossible side. Theres no way that guy does i m sure...

http://www.3si.org/portal/forums/sho...t=automatic+tt
    93 Firestorm Red Stealth RT TT
    KN intake
    MBC @ 15 psi
    RVM Front and rear strut bars
    yellow silicon hose kit
    no cats
    lotsa horses

Those are all cars seen by "a friend's former roommate's third cousin's bartender".

There is not an automatic made by Mitsu that can hold 300-320 hp. It would self-destruct after maybe 2k miles.

I rank 19th (out of over 10,000 members) in posts on 3si.org so it's safe to say I know what's over there. The one person claiming they exist hasn't even been there a year yet. I'd put my knowledge of useless 3S / DSM trivia over just about anybody. 12 years and 9 cars later I'm still enjoying it!
    John M

i havent seen it, but if it is the 222hp automatic slow as fwd car, then bring it on. he is bragging its a turbo charged and all, and STOCk. well, we'll see if he ever choses to race me.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.