my wrx vs stealth rt - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on my wrx vs stealth rt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; its a stock 5 spd.....i looks pretty crappy up close....hmmm well have fun...

its a stock 5 spd.....i looks pretty crappy up close....hmmm well have fun
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm selling my 3000GT vr4 with slight mods and I just got a 2k2 WRX...the vr4 is a HELL of a lot faster. NOTHING matches the launch in a vr4 through 2nd gear and the WRX's top end is crap. With all that said though, i still love my wrx cause it isnt going to cost me $2,000 a year to keep running!

To be fair, any car 10 years old will have a higher cost of upkeep. There are things that simply wear out that have to be replaced. The longer you put it off, the worse it gets.

My 92 Stealth was in that boat. It looked nice but it was time for a lot of routine work. I totaled it last June. My new (94) hasn't required one bit of work that wasn't a voluntary modification. Nothing but gas & oil changes and it's happy. When buying a used car, *always* buy the best one you can afford and work from there. Buying a cheaper one so you have more mod money means you're spending that cash on things it needs just to keep running.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

well its cool i guess well find out then, and im not stcok so thats another thing. so anyways i doubt this 17 year old can drive liek the best of em so i bet i wont be seeing a nuber liek 14.4 which is the best they got for a 1995 and hey, arent the stealths a bit heavier. anyway. wow you know what didnt impress me. SCCC, where they had that ugly spyder. he claimed over 500 hp and it dynoed at 302 and haha even with 302 at the wheels he still only pulled sub 13.5s. im not talking smack but that dude got emmbarassed(sp?), anyway i have no fears of this thing anyway, itll probably just die at teh half piont, those 3000 cc engines mitsu put out were utter crap bieng the owners son of one....lol....i know
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Its a Stealth R/T twin turbo we are talking about here, I believe its 6spd but not sure here.

Stock it has right around 320hp and weights the same as the 3000gt vr4 which is roughly 3800lbs i believe.

Either way, should be a good race, so ellinopedo182, when u race him, give me a call so I can watch this.
    - Ilian
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

What kind of raisin bran have you been smoking?

those 3000 cc engines mitsu put out were utter crap bieng the owners son of one....lol....i know
    What? They're a damn stout engine. With injectors & exhaust I run low 12s at 112+ mph. How's that crap? All I need now are turbos (stock externally; new internals) and it will run low 11s at over 125 mph - *no* other changes.

14.4 was the best time stock? Not hardly. A 91-93 might have been low 14s but a 94+ will run no slower than a 13.80s. Here's a 97 in Motor Trend that did 13.60 - http://www.stealth316.com/images/mt_5-97-p15.jpg

The guy in the magazine with the crappy Spyder is the joke of all 3S owners. He's always been full of it on our boards and somehow talked his way into that contest. His car is junk and we all know it. There are thousands of posts on 3si.org about how his car embarrassed us.

Anybody in the southeast is welcome to join us in April to see how slow these cars are in person. Pics and videos from 02 are on the site.

http://home.speedfactory.net/ukyo/trackday/home.htm

We had a good WRX turnout last year and hope to see more this year.
    John M
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

off topic:
    gto/stealth people:
    how hard is it to make gto ( or stealth ) into a 11.xx car? my friend claimed 500whp and 11.xx on his stealth. ( btw he whooped me, and I am in 12's )
    thanx
    SL
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

im confused then why my brother was saying it was automatic? he probably did no research on this kids car, and is just pulling **** out of his ass. i really dont care if i win or loose, but i would like to see what my car(being auto with a few mods) can do against it.

p.s. if u see bad grammer, and no authentic 'peter' signature, then its not me, its my brother who doesnt understand the idea of getting a new screenname for himself.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

i got my info from car-stats.com and they had better 91-93 times anyway who cares hes stock he doesnt know how to drive, we'll see the outcome on saturday. as for auto or stick its stick. he had told me it was auto till i saw it. now for the engine that is in my opinion crap, at 55,000 we had it rebuilt, at 89,000mile on tranny and the rest of the car and 34.000 on the new engine. the car stall when you back it up quick, and it stalls if you drive it in power mode. also it idles at liek 3500 hundred rpm, then gots to liek 750 and up and down and sounds liek its gonna die. from my experience i dont care if it has two turbos an awd system and what not if the car can hanlde it n/a. forget about it. anyway even the kid sed he thinks its worthless*, he gave it to his little 16 yr old sister. hed ratehr run his highly boosted grand national....no thanks....lol
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

i got my info from car-stats.com and they had better 91-93 times anyway who cares hes stock he doesnt know how to drive, we'll see the outcome on saturday. as for auto or stick its stick. he had told me it was auto till i saw it. now for the engine that is in my opinion crap, at 55,000 we had it rebuilt, at 89,000mile on tranny and the rest of the car and 34.000 on the new engine. the car stall when you back it up quick, and it stalls if you drive it in power mode. also it idles at liek 3500 hundred rpm, then gots to liek 750 and up and down and sounds liek its gonna die. from my experience i dont care if it has two turbos an awd system and what not if the car cant hanlde it n/a, then whats the point with the extra power. anyway even the kid sed he thinks its worthless*, he gave it to his little 16 yr old sister. hed ratehr run his highly boosted grand national....no thanks....lol
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

To reach 11's a VR4/TT would need....intake, exhaust, turbos, injectors, Fuel computer, fuel pump,BOV, boost controller, clutch.......I think that's about it. The biggest restricton on the cars is the factory fuel system and the small turbos.
    -1995 3000GT VR4-
    K&N, Greddy BOV, HKS EVC IV .90 bar
    HKS S-AFR, Supra fuel pump
    RC 550cc injectors--to be installed
    DR500 Turbos
    Borla cat-back
    Stillen DP
    no cats

and NOTHING sounds better than a vr4 with a borla catback exhaust with no cats! check out a video of my car (which is still for sale) http://vr4.strictly18.com/vr4_idle.MPG

Next Saturday I will be trying to put my stock turbos into the 11s.

Mods:

Downpipe, no cats, 550 injectors, HKS VPC & GCC, RPS 6 puck clutch, rewired stock fuel pump.

This is an as-raced weight of 4035 lbs.

---

An AWD car that truly has 500+ wheel hp would run 11s or even 10s at over 130 mph. There are maybe a half dozen to a dozen cars like that known to 3Si. More and more of us are getting faster now that there are proven bolt-on turbo upgrades vs. full custom setups.

As far as reliability, there are plenty of twin turbo cars with 150-200k miles on them and they run fine. The key is proper maintainance - esp. oil changes. The problems you describe are a simple idle air controller - about $100 and 10 minutes to fix. Odds are it's also lost the idle set screw or at least the o-ring for it. The idle problem is nothing an experienced 3S or DSM owner couldn't fix quite easily. A friend of mine bought a 93 with 135k miles on it. He put on a bleeder valve and with no other mods at all ran 13.2 @ 104. Not a bad starting point, huh?

Buicks go fast in a straight line. They don't brake, turn, or even make good cruisers if you like to go 80-90 on the interstate. They're low-end monsters for sure. Other than the engine, the platform is stuck in the 70s. To get anything decent out of them requires a new suspension, brake system, etc. Not impossible but then again it's not a mid-80s Buick anymore.

I drop mine in 6th gear and ride at nice low rpms even approaching triple digits. Gas mileage in the upper 20s and low 12s is a nice combination. I have my leather power seats to adjust and my automatic heat/AC with 10 fan speeds & sunlight compensation. Get tired of the loud 3 inch stock exhaust? Flip it over to quiet mode and it's like a whisper - that is, until you got WOT and it opens automatically. I have my electronically adjustable suspension to fit what mood I'm in, plus it automatically changes to firm in an emergency. It's 9 years old and costs $15k too - not many cars can hold their value like that. Life is hard is my turdmobile I guess.

I'm sure I could dig up somebody with a beater base model Impreza. Does that mean WRXs are like that too? Somehow I doubt it.
    John M

this is from my experience im not talking smack. just can't ever think of a 300gt vr4 or Sr/tTT likea super duper street car with all teh agility and what not i was always a fan of the vr4 and wanted to know why it was jsut not as pop. as 300zx and supra, well i found out. there quality and engines wont die as easy.(supra and 300zx) also what traction problems it has in the begging it gains at monster top end. due to it being lighter.....but anyway this isnt me talking smack its my opinion. sure you can find a beater impreza never maintained, and base off that, but this sl was maintained, so ill go off that.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

I ran 15.0 in my '94 non-turbo at Sears Point (this was before a new clutch and underdrive pully). I would have been in the high 14's if I'd had the chance to take it again before I totaled it. I had MAJOR traction problems off the line though, 1st would just burn the tires until you let off, and 2nd would give a good spin when racing too. However, my friend had a WRX before I crashed the car, and I could pull on him on the freeway, but I couldn't launch like a WRX.

500HP+ 3KGT's are pretty rare, but there are a couple guys on 3si.org that have them. Last I had been there, some of them were on their 6th and 7th TRANNY!!! Some of them even claimed that Mitsubishi covered SEVERAL (from the same car) trannies under warranty. I wish SOA was like that... it was their flagship car afterall, they need to keep the image.

I've heard of an 800HP VR4 from 3si.org, but I don't think (while I was there) that anyone had more than that. I couldn't tell you if anyone has broken the 1000HP mark with them or not, but I doubt it because the blocks on those just aren't as strong as the JZ in the Supra.

-Jason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jm-basegto-collage-small.jpg  
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.