WRX vs. S4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. S4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Finally.... a worthy opponent.......I'm tired of the ricers with their exhaust and intakes, trying to challenge me........ Unless they have ...

Thumbs up WRX vs. S4

Finally.... a worthy opponent.......I'm tired of the ricers with their exhaust and intakes, trying to challenge me........

Unless they have a turbo, or NOS, they shouldn't even bother....... or maybe a serious engine transplant......

No offense to anyone who owns one.....but really.....

I'm going down a 3 lane road.... about 60 mph, this car kind of sneaks rather quickly up my rear...... pulls beside me... I see it's an audi... but couldn't tell if it was an A4 or S4.......

We pulled up at the red light.... there was a truck in between us... (middle lane) so I couldn't see the audi..... opened my window... to try and hear a revving engine.... nothing.....

I didn't slip or drop the clutch, but accelerated briskly...... he then pulled slightly ahead, by a bumper, and nailed it.... I was like OH, crap! I nailed it, 2nd, 5,000, 6,000, 6500 rpm's shift to 3rd... w'ere still neck and neck...... 5,000, 5,500, I'm pulling on him.... now I'm ahead.... still going 6,000, 6,500 he was about a car length behind me... and he shut it down..... that was it.... over.....

I was thinking to myself, jeez, I hope that was an S4, please let it be an S4, he pulled up at the next light, which had a lot of street lamps around it... he gave me a thumbs up...... I let him pull away.... I looked for that badge.... and there it was.....

The rings... and S4

I thought phewww..... that was close........

Funny thing is, I took off my mbc earlier this morning and left if off for diagnostic testing........ so I really only have my 3rd cat eliminator, cat-back exhaust and my samco IC hoses.....

That was fun........
    02 Blaze Yellow WRX >>> 04 STi >>> 05 300c SRT8 w/100 shot >>> 06 EVO IX ... I'm loving it!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice!!

Very nice, but I thought S4 are very powerful and would kill us? Maybe bad driver or do I Smell a "Upgraded Stage WRX".

Ken has to have some mods to run with an S4, they are seriously fast! It was probably bone stock, though. They run low 13s with a chip.

As for an A4, you were right to hope that it wasn't a 1.8T, that car is slow. This girl a the track has a K&N, chopped air box, no headlight, stripped interior, and a chip and her best (after my AWD launch advice) was a 14.3 (I think). She was pissed that I was running 13s with so little work done to my car. She actually said, "I should've bought a Subaru!"

-Jim
    Last edited by PlatinumWRX; 01-08-2002 at 06:54 AM.

Well, from the outside, I'd say the S4 was stock.

First of all, isn't their 0-60 time only lik .2 seconds faster than a stock WRX?

This whole thing happened at under 85 miles an hour, I'm sure that when we would have hit 130, and my 5th gear, he would have been pulling on me.

Sometime in the next 2 weeks I'll have my pulley, up & down-pipes installed as well. 2 months from now, I should have my new turbo, ecu, injectors, & fuel pump.

He won't have a chance....... by the time he starts pulling on my in 5th or 6th, I'll be way ahead.......

02 Blaze Yellow WRX >>> 04 STi >>> 05 300c SRT8 w/100 shot >>> 06 EVO IX ... I'm loving it!!

Thumbs up

Hey, I'm just happy to find someone to play with. I have to defend and say I bounced off the limiter (yes, bad driver) in 2nd trying to explain to my passenger that I wasn't just going to walk away on this one, hehe. If it had come 3 months earlier I might have the wrx instead. My car is bone stock yearning for upgrades, hopefully late christmas present. Cya around the O, maybe you can give me a co-pilot drive sometime.

Vicomte....

Yes, we should try that again... from a stand still... then launch... and see what happens.....

I know you'll pull on me hard in the high end.....

Sure, you can take a ride with me anytime. Well, almost anytime, I have a fairly busy schedule.... ( of course, this is as long as you take me for a spin in yours...)

PM me, and I'll give you my email address.

See you around.....
    Last edited by Kenneth2000; 12-30-2001 at 08:30 PM.

I think this is the first time anyone who lost a race showed up on our site! Very cool!

Vicomte, one should never brag to their passenger(s) about winning until they have won, this ALWAYS results in a loss! Just the fact that you had a passenger puts you at a disadvantage.

Ken, two tenths a second to 60mph is a HUGE DIFFERENCE! Think about how much you would have to do to a fast car to make it get to 60mph 2/10 of a second quicker.

-Jim

Jim, I think he was telling his passenger that he wasn't going to just "walk away"......

Well, I guess the rev limiter explains it... but I still think with my puny mods that I'm a serious challenge for the stock S4.

We'll probably do it again someday....

Re: WRX vs. S4

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kenneth2000
    [B]Finally.... a worthy opponent.......I'm tired of the ricers with their exhaust and intakes, trying to challenge me........

Unless they have a turbo, or NOS, they shouldn't even bother....... or maybe a serious engine transplant......

This sounds way too cocky to me, Your lucky it wasnt the twin turbo audi he would have raped you pretty good, and dont take the A4's 1.8T to lightly either if you go to the A4 forums theres guys in there running low 13's with only chips and exhaust's.

TalonTurbo:

When I'm talking about ricers, I'm talking about civics mainly... everyone in Nebraska seems to have one.... with an intake, and exhaust... and altezza tailights.... I have yet to run with an Acura Integra Type R... I'm positive it is much more capable of walking on me... or Type S..... (by this I mean, more capable then a civic)

I have seen some "real" modified ones (civics) that have 100 shots of NOS, or engine transplants that make them worthy competition... but face it, a regular Si isn't competition.

And BTW an S4 is a twin turbo.

And unless it has chip and exhaust... it doesn't really "Rape" a WRX under 80 MPH.
    Last edited by Kenneth2000; 12-30-2001 at 08:11 PM.

I have yet to run with an Acura Integra Type R... I'm positive it is much more capable of walking on me... or Type S.....
    NONONO!!!! You have much more to worry about then a type r or s. The only S you should worry about is that S4. That thing is mean. I wish you guys would go again to post the results not saying that you would or wouldn't win, but imo people should race a couple of times to be consistant. He also said he hit rev limiter in 2nd.
    Today I was at the track and I saw two type r's running. One of them has AEM Intake and some kind of exhaust. This guy is rich. He has a type r for him and a type s for his wife. His type r is 3 weeks old and has 12000miles (WOW ). That type ran 9.5 most of the day.

Oh and are you guys friends? If not S4 driver how did you find out about him posting his kill.

u guys are seriously overrating the audis. they are nice cars, and i looked into getting an A4 1.8 T myself. but trust me, with an intake, exhaust, and chip they are FAAAAAAAR from a low 13 second car. and an S4 is NOT a 12 second car with an exhaust. you can MAKE one runs 12s fairly easily, but not THAT easily. a friend of mine has an A4 1.8 T with the turbo and manifold upgrade, FMIC, chip, full exhaust, and intake and it runs 13.70's on high boost, and 14.10 on low boost. the S4 runs 13.90-14.1 stock.
    02-WRX stock
    90 TII- FMIC, haltech E6K, T60-1

BamBooI> Actually some of the people on audiworld have both cars so I've seen the address before. I think you'll find that the majority of the s4 community there has respect for the abilities of your ride.

I prefer to think of myself as an enthusiast before a brand bigot, so I haven't any problems giving props to quality performance.

WRChris> I guess you can think what you want about audi, however I think its funny that anyone would underrate a car without knowing whats under that hood. There tends to be alot of david and goliath syndrome when that happens. a4 and s4 upgrade paths don't cross very much btw.

im not badmouthing the audi a bit, and im far from a "brand bigot" as this is the first subaru ive owned, after owning 7 Rx-7s in 4 years. i love the audi, and as i said, i looked into getting an A4, but for the money, it wasnt what i was looking for. the S4 is sweet, but i dont have $40K. and as for the performance part........id like to see proof of an audi running low 13s with exhaust/chip. same goes for the S4 running 12s the said mods.

i dont quite know what you mean by "underrate a car without knowing whats underneath the hood"
    02-WRX stock
    90 TII- FMIC, haltech E6K, T60-1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.