WRX vs. S4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. S4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I think i've posted more losses than wins here. actually, an S4 smoked me from a roll at about 45 ...

Platinum!!

I think i've posted more losses than wins here.

actually, an S4 smoked me from a roll at about 45 about a month ago. i hung with him until about 100, then he just took off.

that is a pretty fast car.

dR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm not over-rating anycar. Those s4's are fast. They have twin turbo i forgot the bhp but isnt it over 300? I know u guys are going to go into the power to weight ratio etc etc but I think you guys victome and kenneth should go again. I know that kenneth does have mods so he isnt stock. This would be another good race. How about putting it on film? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.
    Oh and btw whats the site for audi owners or s4 owners or whatever lol

Your first statment is "u guys are seriously overrating the audis". I'm not really sure how to read that without a negative connotation. If that is not your intention, i apologize.

APR Racing 's program for chip/exhaust has shown up in the 12's. video. And most 6spd people with only chip should be able to be in the 13's.

Of course none if this matters in context, since I don't have any mods

Audiworld
    s4 stock is listed as 250hp

i said that because it seemed like everyone was saying a 1.8T with boltons or an S4 with a chip is unstoppable. like i said, they are quick, but not THAT quick.

also, im well aware of APRs exploits as they are not very far from my house and i wouldnt doubt a chip putting an S4 in the 13s, they're right on the border stock arent they? (13.90s i thought)
    02-WRX stock
    90 TII- FMIC, haltech E6K, T60-1

Took a look at that APR site. That's a whole lot of extra power with just a $600 chip!

Looks like VW/Audi have taken the aftermarket chipping to heart with their "new" turbo engines. Suddenly without any mechanical changes, have you noticed how the 1.8T makes 180 hp, and the S4 now comes stock at 300 hp? They just changed the ECU to the same specs as the aftermarket ones! I guess there won't be people saying"...x hp with just a chip!" anymore.

AUDI VS. WRX, the FUN CONTINUES!!

Dark_rex,

I think you misunderstood me. I meant that this is the first time some one who LOST TO A WRX ever showed up to defend themself on our site.

As for the Audi debate:

I have personally smoked an A4 1.8T with intake, exhaust, a chip, a stripped interior and a decent (<140 lb.) girl driving AT THE STRIP. The best she ran, with my advise on an AWD launch and all her work was a 14.2s pass and that was a fluke. She usually ran around 14.4s. The 1.8T needs some serious tuning to run with a mildly worked (MBC&Filter) WRX. I also believe that driver skill weighs heavily on this comparison.

THE S4 is a completely different story. Many Rexers have had their (sometimes cocky) asses handed to them by the mighty S4. Let's face it, C&D even picked it over the WRX (with much controversy)!

The S4 weigh in a tad heavier than the WRX but packs a lot more punch. I have personally witnessed an S4 with nothing more than a K&N filter and a chip run 12.4s in the 1/4 mile at Atco.

In conclusion:
    WRX vs. Audi A4=easy kill (most of the time)
    WRX vs. Audi S4=DON'T BET ON THE WRX!

As a side note: How much does that S4 cost again?
    Yeah, my thirteen second car was well under $30,000 out-the-door.

-Jim

Damn! I wish we could buy a $600 chip that would have that kind of affect on HP and Torque..... Holy Crap! (And still have a functioning turbo)

I have to spend $600-1600 on a new turbo, another $900-1600 on a new ECU, and probably another $1,000 for injectors and fuel pump......

Oh well, so far, I still really like the rex.

I really like S4's too, but unfortunately, past credit history didn't allow me to buy one right now.......

I would definitely like to see an M3 AWD..... I'd buy that in a heartbeat....... (new model)
    02 Blaze Yellow WRX >>> 04 STi >>> 05 300c SRT8 w/100 shot >>> 06 EVO IX ... I'm loving it!!

Originally posted by Kenneth2000
    I have to spend $600-1600 on a new turbo, another $900-1600 on a new ECU, and probably another $1,000 for injectors and fuel pump......
    $1600 for turbo
    $1600 for new ECU
    $1000 for injectors, et al
    +$24,520 MSRP for WRX
    ----------------------------------
    $28,720

For S4:
    $600 for chip
    $35,827 *INVOICE* for S4
    +$490 for 6-CD changer OPTION at INVOICE(!!!)
    -----------------------------------
    $36,917

But for the extra $8,197 you get a pretty interior and the five rings up front.

I thought the Audi symbol was four rings.

-Jim

I stand corrected. Now you definitely aren't getting your money's worth. You're left one ring short!

LOL @ bedabi

lol

yeah, the interior on the audi isn't even in the same league. it's much more lush and luxury like. <mmmmm leeaather> nevermind the sound difference on the hwy. it's one thing to hear the motor, but hearing the hum of the road kind of sux. that's why i'm dynamatting my doors when i do my trunk. (those fosgate XLC's ROCK)

the real let down with the rex's interior is all the GODAMNED RATTLEING! (i'll be posting on this in a moment)

dR

Damn! Check this Audi RS4 Wagon out

Talk about overkill!

I wouldn't mind having that!
    02 Blaze Yellow WRX >>> 04 STi >>> 05 300c SRT8 w/100 shot >>> 06 EVO IX ... I'm loving it!!

That tan Audi looks like a VW.
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

Root,

It sure does!! That's because it's a Passat. Audi has lost all of their individuality under the new "Brand Management." They are just upgraded VWs.

-Jim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast