Ricer Fly Bys - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ricer Fly Bys within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah come to think of it seems like the Honda Odyssey with the V6 are more aggressive then let say ...

Yeah come to think of it seems like the Honda Odyssey with the V6 are more aggressive then let say a Toyota Sienna V6. May be they think they are driving a Odyssey Type-R hahahahha

I also avoid dump truck big time. They spray you with buck shoots
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    My brother has a Honda Odyssey with 215 or so hp...it's one damn fast minivan...it's no turbo van, but it drives like a car in the twistys
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Originally posted by Verdugo
    My brother has a Honda Odyssey with 215 or so hp...it's one damn fast minivan...it's no turbo van, but it drives like a car in the twistys
    Hmmm, Stage 3 WRX wagon verse 50 shoots NOS Odyssey V6 on the 1/4 miles makes an interest show That will drive the M'stang guy crazy for sure

I Support ClubWRX

Red face

So I am coming home from work down Steven's Creek Blvd. minding my own business around 3:00 in the afternoon. I am in the middle lane of a 6 lane road, 3 lanes on each side. I come up to a light to stop and I see some ricer pull up behind me in a Acura Integra. Light turns green and I just "granny shift" through the gears up to 3rd. I continue on and a slower car is in my lane. The ricer starts coming up on my right in the right lane with his lane completely empty, so I am thinking about turning into the left lane. So I am about to make my move, for some reason the ricer punches it, cuts me off in my middle lane, in between me and the slower car and then takes the left lane I was about to take.

So I got HEATED, and came around the slower car on the right and pulled up along side the ricer, looked over and he gave me a smug smile like, "Yeah I cut you off." So I couldn't really think of any thing to do so I just punched it in 3rd and he didn't want to follow. Why did you antogonize me and then didn't want to PLAY????? I really don't know why it got me so mad. Maybe it was the awful inferior color Turquoise color with non'matching other shade of Turquoise 3 LEVEL WHALE WING. Or the fact that he cut me off on purpose, since he had a open lane in front of him. Why do they do that.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

RSXracer200
    Originally posted by blahbo74
    I didn't think that "Ricer Fly-by's" were that common.... until yesterday.

I was behind a honda civic that had one of those god awful, non-functional, whale wings, and some really dialed 14" American Racing wheels, lowered chassis, and custom tinted windows with bubbles.

I entered the corner to the freeway on ramp right behind this knob. He was really doggin it up the hill, and it was a double lane entrance that merged to a single entry to the highway. I moved to the other lane, and punched it, only to realize this dork was trying to keep up and cut me off before the merge.

At the top of the ramp, I had at least 5 car lenghts. He proceeded to motor up on me and swerve across the stripes cutting off me and the other 3 cars trying to cut into rush hour traffic!!!

I want to commission a study on these tards.
    your avatar looks good but i noticed something was wrong right away, its your tachometer that is supposed to fly up that fast not the speedometer...wrx can't exelerate that fast, especialy if the tachometer isn't even moving

RSXracer200
    Originally posted by bedabi

I disagree. "Rice rocket" is indeed a derogatory and pejorative term. Look at any muscle car forum such as corral.net or LS1.net and you'll be hard pressed to find that term used as a compliment. IMO, fast sport bikes and cars are complimented by being called "fast sport bikes and cars". Period.

I'd also like to add that "flybys" are hardly limited to people called "ricers" on this board (we are called ricers by mere fact we drive a Japanese manufacturer's car on the above-mentioned boards). I mostly get flybys by big-engined SUVs and trucks.
    i also think that most of the time the term "rice rocket is used its in a derogatory way, the term i perfer to here is "pocket rocket"

I got one yesterday by a big 4x4 with the 3" dual exhuast.

On an on ramp. I am in the lane that continues, he's in the lane that ends. The light turn green, he floors it (its really loud, but both I and the MB behind me get in front of him. On the On ramp, he tries passes us both on the left hand median as its merging into bumper to bumper traffic. The Semi on the Highway would not have any of it, and sqeezes him back. He ends up passing all three of us at about 110 in a raised full size 4x4 in heavy traffic. What a tool.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by mhoward1
    I got one yesterday by a big 4x4 with the 3" dual exhuast.

On an on ramp. I am in the lane that continues, he's in the lane that ends. The light turn green, he floors it (its really loud, but both I and the MB behind me get in front of him. On the On ramp, he tries passes us both on the left hand median as its merging into bumper to bumper traffic. The Semi on the Highway would not have any of it, and sqeezes him back. He ends up passing all three of us at about 110 in a raised full size 4x4 in heavy traffic. What a tool.
    in houston (and texas in general) you see alot more of those than you do hondas and acuras. there are just waaaayyyy too many F150s and F350s that are raised 18 inches and have monster truck tires and go 90 on the freeway. they go anywhere they want cause they know ppl will move outof the way for them, its so annoying.
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Yup... I know my Avitar is incorrect. That's what I get for putting the .gif together in 15 minutes.

I could add a bunch of frames, and make the needle climb the rpm range thru the gears, but that means making note of where each gear tops out at on the speedo.

2002 Silver WRX - Bone Stock

Ok, I've seen some pretty ghastly things done to American cars too ala ricer style... since these cars are american what would we call them?

yo, you look at the potato'er
    man that car is grits'ed out
    a corn fly by
    wheater?

and the very worst thing i ever saw was a pic of a ferrari that someone put a "turbo" badge on. good god man.
    WRB WRX wagon in 6-8 weeks.... booooo! wait

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    eh, you still call them "rice" cars, cause its not just a term for imports, its really for all the cars that try to look fast, not go fast

good example- last night i raced an svt cobra convert at the stoplight. it had altezza headlights and all, and i ended up spanking it twice. i don't think he was really pushing his car though, so it might not have been a true win, but still...altezzas on a mustang??? geez..
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Originally posted by Penguinking
    eh, you still call them "rice" cars, cause its not just a term for imports, its really for all the cars that try to look fast, not go fast

good example- last night i raced an svt cobra convert at the stoplight. it had altezza headlights and all, and i ended up spanking it twice. i don't think he was really pushing his car though, so it might not have been a true win, but still...altezzas on a mustang??? geez..
    Yeah, 'stang are getting rice out these days, also Focus, Cavalier and Dodge neons. Altezza lights, big gound effects, lower like 2 inches and big can muffler of course tons of stickers. Some even got undercarriage neon lights Unreal.

My favorite, for sport bikes: "crotch rocket"

-Jim

Originally posted by RSXracer200
    i also think that most of the time the term "rice rocket is used its in a derogatory way, the term i perfer to here is "pocket rocket"

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    My favorite, for sport bikes: "crotch rocket"
    Or "death wish".

Originally posted by bedabi

Or "death wish".
    Yeah like 170hp on a Hayabusa

Even their website is funky hahaha

http://www.hayabusa.org/start.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.