WRX vs. 95 BMW M3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. 95 BMW M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A Christmas adrenaline.... While working tonight on Christmas day, my cousin and I got hungry and decided to go looking ...

Thumbs up WRX vs. 95 BMW M3

A Christmas adrenaline....

While working tonight on Christmas day, my cousin and I got hungry and decided to go looking for food. Searched everywhere and every store was closed. We found some food from a 7-11 gas station. On our way back to work, as I merged onto the Diagonal Highway in Longmont. I see these really bright hyper blue lights comming up so fast behind me. I was like what the hell kind of car is this. A split second later, this blue 95 model BMW M3 pulls next to me head to head. He revvv's his motor several times and we can hear his loud exhaust(even with my windows down). Then he suddenly pulls away pretty hard. I thought about it twice before racing this M3. I know the M3's got 240HP but I figure, "hey were in Colorado, the land of high altitude". I looked at my cousin then said "why not". He just laughed.
    I slammed it into 3rd at 60mph and tried to keep up with the M3 but he was already like 10 cars away. Just as the next light we were approaching turned red, gave me enough time to catch up and line up with him. M3 guy rev'd several times at us and I rev'd a couple of times back to tell him its on. Of course, you could barely hear my exhaust cuz its stock. Rev'd it up to 4K RPM and slipped the clutch as the light turned green. Went through 1st gear and the M3 was 1 car behind. 2nd gear and two cars. 3rd gear and 3 1/2 cars. 4th gear and now the M3 was 5 cars behind. Finally, slammed it into 5th gear and my WRX was a good 6-7 cars on this M3. Now we were at 120mph. I tapped the brakes several times to slow down once I noticed this cuz we were going way to fast on a road that you could only see 15-20 feet away from the hood. This Highway didnt have lights so its piched black. The M3 pulls those Ricer fly bys then hit his emergency light. Can you beleave it, this guy thinks that he won! My cousins like, "why'd you slow down for". I was like "cuz we are like at 120mph".

All stock Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan with K&N filter and Turboxs HP mbc set at 1.1 1/2 bar(still on the Turboxs waiting list for stage 1.

Well Merry Christmas and hope everyone enjoys this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Good kill! Tip: Next time when you reach about 80 you can start slowing down because by that time you've showed him whois faster... that and you won't put your life at risk :-)

Yeah, I wasnt planning on hitting such high speeds. I was too busy watching the RPM gauge.

good kill!!!

Humm ...

Maybe I should start racing pre current M3s ... I thought they'd be faster but I guess not.

BMW"S are garbage especially the last model M3's. He probably blew his cheapass plastic waterpump impeller. Or his vanos system blew after the standard life expectancy of 60K.
    Pure garbage, and good job showing him so.....

next time you should keep your brakes on and slow down considerably so you dont give them the satisfaction of thinking they've won. I usually give them the thumbs down when I know they are gonna make a flyby.. I know it makes em feel like sh*t..heheh

sweet kill man.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!

www.azpeacemakers.com

www.junesounds.com

BMW Garbage?

Originally posted by scoob
    BMW"S are garbage especially the last model M3's. He probably blew his cheapass plastic waterpump impeller. Or his vanos system blew after the standard life expectancy of 60K.
    Pure garbage, and good job showing him so.....
    The E36 BMW M3 are not garbage at all, wut are u talking about?

E36 M3 was one of most influential and best handling car in the past 5 year.

I drove E36 M3 (5MT) and E46 330ci (5MT) b4, and I can tell ya all that those cars can pull.

-Bryan

Call me old fashioned but a car's main responsibility is to provide reliable transportation correct? If it can't do that (especially at $40k) then in MHO it's defeating the whole purpose of bring a car.
    I don't know about you, but spending time with the BMW service advisor is not what I would pay 600-700 dollars a month for. To me that's unjustifiable, unless you got a personal mechanic who can handle it for you.
    Now granted I'm a 27 year old married new dad and I actually have to be practical now-a-days, and for the money there isn't; nor will ever be a car from Bavaria that can ever touch the WRX. Period........IMHO
    P.S. The WRX can smoke all of the cars you metioned above and still handle a Michigan blizzard as if it isn't even there.

Well just to let you guys know. I got another M3 race over this weekend. My friend Tom's 97 M3. I told Tom about this race and he got so furiouse. He's like, "you did not smoke no M3, its probably a 328i or something!". I told him, "I know an M3 when I've raced one".

Needless to say my friend challenged me. He's all stock. I told him, theres no need to challenge each other. This was just my encounter with an M3, maybe the guy just didnt know how to drive. For some reason, this even made my friend more angrier. I cant believe this guy....

Anyways, last Saturday at Good Times, we met up to grab a burger. He wanted a friendly race.

Well my friends, lets just say I made all of us WRX'ers very proud. Smooooooooked him futher then the other M3 that I raced. Perfect launch.............

Now one of my other friends want to race. I'm kinda worried about this one though. It's a turbo charged T3/T4 hybrid setup 2001 Acura Integra Type R. I heard from the grape vine, he ran low 14's and he's got more tricks that he isnt telling no one. We'll see about this one. If I race him then I'll update everyone.

That would be a race I would like to hear about. The type r turbo that is....

What did you friend say when u beat him?
    or was he plain out ?

Lets just say, he was speechless.

Awesome!!!

Keep up the good work guys.

Low 14s isn't too bad, but more tricks up his sleeve worries me.

You should be in the high 13s with your mods.

-Jim

Turbo Type R

I have yet to find a turbo'ed Type R that ran slower than a 13 flat......

Someone who turbos those high compression motors usually know what they are doing...(if they didnt, they would not be turbo'ed long because they would be blown up!!)....and if they know what they are doing....watch out........

as long as the type R 1.8 is kept from detonating....it will be a beast to handle in a mildly modified WRX......dont expect victory.

The only reason he may have run low 14s is because he was traction limited....that would be the only reason if tuned properly. Ask him what his trap speed was.....I bet it was well over 100mph....probably close to 105 or more.......

I run mid- 13s and with 2 passengers I lost to a stock (at least thats what he said) 2001 type R with driver alone. I had him off the line easily and up to say 80 or 90 mph....then he began to pull up on me......add a turbo in the mix....and he would have really hurt me......I consider myself a pretty good driver, I can pull consistant low 1.9 60' and my best was a 1.880.........

I know of 2 turbo'ed Si's that run with 16gs at about 8-10 psi that will run low 14s...like 14.1 or 14.2.....and thats just a Civic Si w/ 1.6 liter.

Have fun and race safe........

Doug

Since my sig time of a 13.7....I have added the Vishnu Stage 0 kit and expect at least a 3 tenths improvement over that time.....
    Last edited by dug-e-fresh; 01-02-2002 at 10:40 AM.
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.