Result 2007 350Z vs '06 STI

This is a discussion on Result 2007 350Z vs '06 STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, I dont have any of these two cars. i personally Love Subaru and esp STI. However, the another day ...

Result 2007 350Z vs '06 STI

Ok, I dont have any of these two cars. i personally Love Subaru and esp STI. However, the another day i ran into two guys at school debating over the following issue.---- (STOCK VS STOCK) ------STI 2007 has 293 hp with 290 trq. 350Z has 306 hp 268 trq(2007 and + HR engine red line 7500).I do know that STIs are THE best from start, and have extremely good launch. But two good dirvers driving each one. what do you think the result would be. I know there will the alot of bias oppinions, but if you can be objective just face the reality . Thanks

--- This is the old thread i posted couple days ago, however everybody discouraged me from "magazine races " . anyway, the another day the two dudes that had the debate resolved it. one of them has a 350Z 2007 that has just passed the brake in period of 5000 miles( according to the dealership) , the another guy's cousin who owns an STI '06 agreed to try out the new Z. This happed in a secluded area near Tacoma Washington. It is an industrial zone that is pretty much empty after 11 pm. Both cars are bone stock besides the Z that has 19 inch rims and 285/35 size rear tires. They did a dead start - where the STI slowly accelerated on the Z ( not as much as the owner said it did no a 2003 he raced on a race track) however, by 100 mph the Z was next to the rear door of the STI. From roll 60 and 80 is driver's race. in conclusion both cars are equal right now. one substantial difference - Z too expencive to modify, STI - not everybody knows hot to drive AWD. So beautiful cars and i saw something interesting after the race that Z and STI drivers can be friends )))))))

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hm interesting. The new 07 Z's have been putting down some pretty good times (noticeably better than the 03-06) at the drag strips from what I've heard.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

what are you like 15?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PWNX0RZ View Post
    what are you like 15?
    Helpful post! Keep em comin!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Helpful post! Keep em comin!
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

when nissan puts the 3.7 into the Z it should be a really fast car. the new g37 is quick but incredibly porky. the valve tech in the 3.7 is phenomenal, ~8000RPM redline iirc

Banned
    i rip those nissans on the parkway everyday coming home from work , they think the cobra is a v6 bc the gt emblem is debadged and the oem bumper dont say cobra , its usually some rich doctor or business man driving it in early 30s . i jus laugh when the drive side to side next to me

Quote Originally Posted by Bochet View Post
    when nissan puts the 3.7 into the Z it should be a really fast car. the new g37 is quick but incredibly porky. the valve tech in the 3.7 is phenomenal, ~8000RPM redline iirc
    That would make it a 370Z.