06 tr Stage 2 vs Built SRT4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 tr Stage 2 vs Built SRT4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well guys...I got my ARSS handed to me tonight on the way into work by this clean and built SRT4. ...

06 tr Stage 2 vs Built SRT4

Well guys...I got my ARSS handed to me tonight on the way into work by this clean and built SRT4. I came up on and passed a SRT4 (which I could tell by the sound of his exhaust and a couple of gauges that is was built) which was following a nice Lexus GS 300. After about a mile I got over a lane and the SRT4 came up next to me and I could see that he was waiting for me to go. I the shifted down to 4th @ about 65-70mph and waited but I didn't hear a honk or anything then he took off and so did I a little late. I could hear is turbo spool up and his exhaust as he left me then he was about a car and half ahead and thats where we stayed until about 110. I really do not play that much but occasionally I will have some fun the opportunity presents itself. Would I've done better if I was in 3rd when I took off? I knew when I first pasted him that if he wanted to have a go I would have problems with this SRT4.
    Later I came back up next to him and gave him a and he did the same then we went on our way. I know to never underestimate any SRT4 that I come across. It was fun though..
    Last edited by 06grayrex; 08-01-2007 at 12:11 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yea if u would have started in 3rd. it would have been closer.

Yeah next time I will start from 3rd. I have been feeling good lately because a couple of days ago I thought I would see how my car ran at Stage 2 with the stock intake vs the SPT intake, so I reinstalled the stocker. Well I hate to say it (because I had thought the car ran good with the SPT intake) but I think it runs a little better with the stock intake at the lower rpms but becomes restrictive at the upper rpms. So running someone from a roll, I don't know if the SPT would have helped?
    Last edited by 06grayrex; 08-02-2007 at 06:09 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by 06grayrex View Post
    Well guys...I got my ARSS handed to me tonight on the way into work by this clean and built SRT4. I came up on and passed a SRT4 (which I could tell by the sound of his exhaust and a couple of gauges that is was built) which was following a nice Lexus GS 300. After about a mile I got over a lane and the SRT4 came up next to me and I could see that he was waiting for me to go. I the shifted down to 4th @ about 65-70mph and waited but I didn't hear a honk or anything then he took off and so did I a little late. I could hear is turbo spool up and his exhaust as he left me then he was about a car and half ahead and thats where we stayed until about 110. I really do not play that much but occasionally I will have some fun the opportunity presents itself. Would I've done better if I was in 3rd when I took off? I knew when I first pasted him that if he wanted to have a go I would have problems with this SRT4.
    Later I came back up next to him and gave him a and he did the same then we went on our way. I know to never underestimate any SRT4 that I come across. It was fun though..

thats funny. good run tho. ne track times?
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Brad...when is the car due back?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    thats funny. good run tho. ne track times?
    The car sounded A LOT better than stock....Deff. not your average redneck's SRT4....
    Sorry I have not been to the track.
    Last edited by 06grayrex; 08-02-2007 at 06:09 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by 06grayrex View Post
    The car sounded A LOT better than stock....Deff. not your average redneck's SRT4....
    Sorry I have not been to the track.
    i don't know one redneck that drives an srt-4, weird.

also, i just may be 1 step away from being "built," all i need are those dang gauges.

j/k dude.
    06 CGM STi
    ERZ Downpipe, K and N Drop in filter.
    Welfare Mods:Silencer Delete

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I Support ClubWRX
    Last time I went to the track I raced against a buddies modded SRT4. His SRT4 is stage 4ish with just about everything modded, and he was on drag radials at 12psi. I got my worst 60foot of the day and pulled 4 cars until 3rd. He passed me and turned in a .4 sec faster run. Its cool though he has over 300whp, and Im a measly stage 2.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Stage 2 on an 06 is a lot of fun street car.

The torque is insane and comes on quick.

In 4th on the highway a Stage 2 06 can't get out of its own way. The turbo has been out of breath for a while and you are in your worst gear for racing (except 5th).

You would have stood a chance in 1st or 2nd from a roll and you probably would have been pretty even from a dig.

I loved stage 2 on my 06 but after a few highway runs for fun I quickly realized how poor the pairing of a TD04 and the 2.5L block was.
    Car-less

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Brad...when is the car due back?

who knows. just had a few things to button up to get it running this week then its break in, fix the quirks and dyno tune. so hopefully before it snows.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    kewl...so I might get to ride in it this month?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

yeah that would be nice. then you could actually say "it was deffinatly built"
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

It's definitely not built... if it's built it will pass you like you're standing still.

srt4 sound loud stock so i doubt its "built". Gauges don't mean anything really. Catless srt4's i've seen at the track are burning out and it sounds like a bunch of gun shots cause that thing keeps backfiring. (even tho they even backfire stock).

Btw idk what 06 wrx gearing is like but a stage 2 sti 65 is better off in 4th gear. Small turbo like a td04 on a 2.5 im sure has lots of low end torque. Idk how much better you would of done in 3rd, then again 65 in 3rd was perfect for my bugeye but thats a smaller engine and probably different gearing redline etc etc.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Um Built Skittle...yea right...no offense man he would only need a full exhaust from a high way roll verse your stage 2...those cars against your Stage 2 WRX's have from that roll have a lot going from them (not tryign to start a war but its the truth)...gearing and weight (for starters) srt-4's are legit if done up right
    Graphite Grey Evo 9

-1600 dollars in Mods...

equals 11.86....and only getting lower....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.